I want them to stop!

RM-S8

3,000 units sold already.

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1094948...obal-new-record

Not sure, if I should be ecstatic or start to cry. I remember when I bought my brand new '08 MB CL600, I drove it for 5 years, saw another copy just once.

1,000 Huracans in US first year only. How many am I gonna see on the road?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It will be interesting to see how fast they make them. There are no where near 3000 made yet. Its a great car, but with all the competition they cant really overly limit production.

I've heard the yearly production capacity is around 1500 units.

With a waiting list and backlog at well over a year I would say resale values will be looking very favorable for the next few years.

I bought my brand new '08 MB CL600

holy deprciation batman! ;)

For comparison:

922 Aventadors sold in 2012, 1001 in 2013.

1120 Gallardos in 2012, 1161 in 2013, 14 022 overall.

With a waiting list and backlog at well over a year I would say resale values will be looking very favorable for the next few years.

I'm really hoping you are correct.

For comparison:

Lol, you are quite correct with "depreciation batman" comment. Traded CL600 ($40k - ouch) for Audi S8. in a mean time I was driving '13 CL 63AMG which turned out to be a nightmare Lemon Law.

But that's entirely another thread, if somebody wants to hear it.

Advise to my fellow members, DO NOT purchase anything high(er) end AMG crap!

Lol, you are quite correct with "depreciation batman" comment. Traded CL600 ($40k - ouch) for Audi S8. in a mean time I was driving '13 CL 63AMG which turned out to be a nightmare Lemon Law.

But that's entirely another thread, if somebody wants to hear it.

Advise to my fellow members, DO NOT purchase anything high(er) end AMG crap!

I've had many high end AMG's and haven't had any unusual problems. I also buy them at 2-3 years old for half the sticker.

For comparison:

They all depreciate but don't forget you probably have 3 to 4 times the buyers when compared to the Aventador.

This car is hot and will stay hot for quite a while.

I've had many high end AMG's and haven't had any unusual problems. I also buy them at 2-3 years old for half the sticker.

My general beef with CL63 AMG was the 7 speed transmission as being so hesitant and uneven that it drove me crazy. My personal beef wit CL63 AMG, followed by hiring Lemon Law attorney, was serpentine belt which kept breaking total of 4 times. Every single time MB claimed that they have found and fixed the problem (assholes!)

But, not to hijack my own thread, I'm in state of disarray after reading above article. I think with that many copies the exclusivity is diminished a tad.

My only option is to change the color again (for the third time) for something less widely chosen. My decisiveness is on par with a blondie, I know.

Anyway, re-visiting the dealer tomorrow to change the color and few other options. Glass bonnet will be replaced with the standard louvers as it grew on me a lot. That ribbed louver reminds me of the forehead of a Klingon warrior, so menacing, hehe. Wish me "kaplah" :)

MR-S8 you are buying this car for your own enjoyment I don't understand why it would concern you that your neighbor also has one, I wouldn't care if everyone in my street had one, actually if I think about it, it would be kind of fun, we could all race each other in the morning :icon_mrgreen:

MR-S8 you are buying this car for your own enjoyment I don't understand why it would concern you that your neighbor also has one, I wouldn't care if everyone in my street had one, actually if I think about it, it would be kind of fun, we could all race each other in the morning :icon_mrgreen:

There is undoubtedly a certain quality (hidden to few) to your posts.

And, thank you for hitting me over the head with your comment. Quietly I must admit that my better half has a bit of influence in it.

Again, I have to see the swatches of Giallo Midas vs Blu Achelous (newest pick) tomorrow to be certain of my choice.

(can I buy you an e-beer?) :)

And, thank you for hitting me over the head with your comment. Quietly I must admit that my better half has a bit of influence in it.

Again, I have to see the swatches of Giallo Midas vs Blu Achelous (newest pick) tomorrow to be certain of my choice.

Never let a woman get involved with things like this !

Thank you but I don't drink :icon_mrgreen:

Looking at VBugs' Giallo Huracan I don't think you will regret the decision, I haven't seen Blue Achelous before, do you have a rendering ?

Thank you but I don't drink :icon_mrgreen:

Looking at VBugs' Giallo Huracan I don't think you will regret the decision, I haven't seen Blue Achelous before, do you have a rendering ?

Yeah, VBug's Giallo is stunning, so it's between Giallo and Blue Achelious which is presumably new color for them. Google shows few images only.

So only renderings are coming from Lamborghini's configuration page. Anyway, I have till Thursday for final decision.

Few shots:

blue_achelous1_zps2813ec66.jpg

blue_achelous3_zps028b7df9.jpg

blue_achelous2_zps69016c40.jpg

blue_achelous4_zps6a983404.jpg

You seem concerned with resale value. Are you planning on selling it right away? Most people playing at this price point are not too concerned about depreciation, first buyer takes the biggest haircut on a new vehicle, albeit the window will be much longer this time given the demand.

Given the two color choices, you have much more exposure on the blue. Hold the blue one for a couple years and you will get killed IMO.

You seem concerned with resale value. Are you planning on selling it right away? Most people playing at this price point are not too concerned about depreciation, first buyer takes the biggest haircut on a new vehicle, albeit the window will be much longer this time given the demand.

Given the two color choices, you have much more exposure on the blue. Hold the blue one for a couple years and you will get killed IMO.

Resale value? No, not really. Repetition is my issue.

I mean nobody wants to lose more than necessary when Spyder, or SL comes out and it's time to upgrade. Both colors are very attractive to me, but I think there are many more copies ordered/to be ordered of Giallo than Blue Achelous. I'll see and compare the actual swatches within few days.

Sorry guys, it's my first exotic, so I'm acting bit irrational.

Resale value? No, not really. Repetition is my issue.

I mean nobody wants to lose more than necessary when Spyder, or SL comes out and it's time to upgrade. Both colors are very attractive to me, but I think there are many more copies ordered/to be ordered of Giallo than Blue Achelous. I'll see and compare the actual swatches within few days.

Sorry guys, it's my first exotic, so I'm acting bit irrational.

Theres actually very few yellow Huracans relatively speaking. Lamborghini has limited the amount they will do in the first year. Same with orange. Dont let the internet thwart your perception of reality. I see dozens of aventadors and bugattis everyday on the internet, but reality is they arent everywhere, in fact they are so freaking rare that people lose their minds everywhere I go. The resale on that blue in comparison to other colors will put its value towards the bottom of the market. They may make less, but thats because the demand is so low. You arent outsmarting the market by picking it, but if you love it get it.

Theres actually very few yellow Huracans relatively speaking. Lamborghini has limited the amount they will do in the first year. Same with orange. Dont let the internet thwart your perception of reality. I see dozens of aventadors and bugattis everyday on the internet, but reality is they arent everywhere, in fact they are so freaking rare that people lose their minds everywhere I go. The resale on that blue in comparison to other colors will put its value towards the bottom of the market. They may make less, but thats because the demand is so low. You arent outsmarting the market by picking it, but if you love it get it.

I sometimes wish seeing an exotic was rare. Being from L.A., seeing a dozen exotics on a Tuesday morning is normal. I saw three Bugatti's all in different locations on a Thursday afternoon a few weeks ago.

I sometimes wish seeing an exotic was rare. Being from L.A., seeing a dozen exotics on a Tuesday morning is normal. I saw three Bugatti's all in different locations on a Thursday afternoon a few weeks ago.

In a few places in the world thats true, but its not the norm.

In a few places in the world thats true, but its not the norm.

100% agree :icon_thumleft:

And the point was that the internet is not the same as real life and that still holds true.

:iamwithstupid:

I did hear though if it is on the internet it must be true!

Went to the dealer today to check the swatches. Well, blue is disappointingly too dark when compared to the internet renderings. Clearly internet is lying and can't be trusted. Jokes aside, blue is out and yellow stays.

1020141505_zps9618ac71.jpg

1020141506_zpse7d0b62a.jpg

This "new" blue reminds me of Blu Hera but in one shade darker. I was never a fan of Hera (first appeared on the Diablo IIRC) and even on the Aventador I have reservations. Under the wrong light such as fluorescent or metal halide street lamp, Hera looks awful --- old and tired. IMO, Blu Achelous would only make it worse; it will not do well in resale down the road.

Giallo Midas is a phenomenal colour. It's a 3-coat process with pearl-essence and from a certain angle, it gives off a light green sheen. The original Gallardo press photos featured a Giallo Midas G which obviously says something. Initially, there were quite a few of them, along with Arancio Borealis. But then it seems to have fallen off the radar when Verde Ithaca arrived along with various versions of white, black and gray. I guess it was the extra charge on the 3-coat paint and those willing to pay for it wanted something more wild like V.I. A Giallo Midas H with yellow/black bi-colour interior would be very nice. And you can always order yellow calipers and paint the wheels black just to make it somewhat different.