Next generation of Ford GT is coming!

Nath4N

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you really think they would somehow find a way to sell these at 66% of the price of the last model???? If the price of this relflects other car prices going up in the last 5-7 years i would expect the price to be more around the 200G range.

Do you really think they would somehow find a way to sell these at 66% of the price of the last model???? If the price of this relflects other car prices going up in the last 5-7 years i would expect the price to be more around the 200G range.

Haha, I'm still hoping. But honestly, with the Z and Viper being pretty crazy numbers, shelling out double the money seems a little nuts. I'm hoping $150k or less. Once we are in the $200s, you're close to being able to pick up a common color 05/06 instead. Regardless, looking forward to finding out in the next month lol.

No fcuking way are they going to sell it for 100K.

My F450 listed for 77K! I think you are spot on with the 200K range.

All evidence points towards limited production nowhere near the 4000 units of the FGT. Expect around $400k before insane Ford dealer markups in most markets and no loyalty program for past FGT buyers. The toughest pill to swallow is the most likely power plant, a TTV6 Ecoboost...

All evidence points towards limited production nowhere near the 4000 units of the FGT. Expect around $400k before insane Ford dealer markups in most markets and no loyalty program for past FGT buyers. The toughest pill to swallow is the most likely power plant, a TTV6 Ecoboost...

Where are you seeing this?

I'm calling B.S. Seriously, this is a publicly traded company, one in which a C.E.O reports to a board of directors who are accustomed to cars / trucks being made in the millions. Can you imagine them looking out into the parking from a board room window and thinking, "hmmm, there are more cars in the parking lot than you think you're building...which means crash testing and all the gov. bs that goes along w/ it". Nopety Nope. My gut says no way, no how, does an automobile @ Ford get approved at a sub 2k production run. What is in it for Ford to produce a handful of anything? Nothing. Further, you piss off folks like me who want one and drive me to the competition. Whats that, my friends? You say "yeah, but winning on the 50th anniversary of the 1-2-3 win at Le Mans! That's huge!!". No, no its not. Wins are not guaranteed, especially when it's the cars' debut. I argue, and this is a guy who really, really wants one, that to produce 500 @ 400k or any other absurd number is just silly. Now, if the plan is a 3-4 year run of 3-5k total, and at a reasonable number, then sign me up. Oh, and there is no "halo-effect" at Ford beyond raptors and gt35os.

Smart play: flat plan v-8 (eco boost-ed) and positioned just above the z-06,viper. I know everyone points to the rising GT values, however, by the "but the used gt = $X" theory, a new Ferrari California should cost millions. Even when a new Ferrari comes out, no matter how much the current model is above MSRP (good old days gone by), the most $ hungry builder in the world does not use that # as a yard stick. I'm contrarian. Build a top tier quality and design and price it as you would a new car that puts them on the streets and not hidden away in a garage. Hopefully Ford will take this opportunity to build something spectacular, and compete w/n a stratosphere non-multiple exotic car owners may tread.

Ford corporate wants to go racing at Le Mans and that doesn't take a lot of cars.

Ct1, as you point out, no quantity will move the needle for Ford. But I think you should look at the pricing of 360, 430 and 458 to see how much the most $ hungry mfr in the world has increased pricing over the years. It's a lot more than you think.

Ford corporate wants to go racing at Le Mans and that doesn't take a lot of cars.

Ct1, as you point out, no quantity will move the needle for Ford. But I think you should look at the pricing of 360, 430 and 458 to see how much the most $ hungry mfr in the world has increased pricing over the years. It's a lot more than you think.

By that measure, one could say the same of the F-150, or Suburban, or, anything. My point is, and obviously an opinion, I just don't believe that Ford will base it's number @ 400k b/c of a heritage GT w/ a few miles selling for, what, $300k. I know those cars have gone through the roof, and for good reason. It's a purist, gorgeous, analog car, and one of the last to be so. Further, persons more knowledgeable than I, claim a staggering percentage of the GTs have been totaled (half?). And, it could be introduced tomorrow exactly as it was 10 years ago and sell.

Scuttlebutt is Ford wants to go racing. I believe / hope that to be the case. Homologation requires a relatively small number. They have the $$$$ to do so. But, beyond the hard core racing fans, or enthusiasts, what does a win, if it were to occur, yield in return? It is fantastic marketing fodder (for a few months), and would excite the hell out of me, but for Ford, what does it do? They are not "re-branding" as did Audi through a decade of racing. I think it is only a success if you have a car directly linked to the win that is sellable. And 500, well, that number is so small it bores even me. Again, I think you need a car that is built in enough numbers so when you occasionally see one on the street, it will illicit a response.

I'm not arguing with you, CHADW, and I may be soooo wrong. I'm looking at it as if I were the decision maker at Ford. Foot down, a 5k minimum production, compete on the floor just above the Plastic mess-06- viper, and kick Ferraris ass in design, desirability, and at a fraction of $. Poster on wall levels of want! Oh, and, have a successor a few years down the road.

Time will tell.

Someone on FGT forums suggested pricing above 458s. I would imagine this car needs to be close to the 150 Mark or else who would buy one over a McLaren or 458 o or Huracan. I know the existing GTs get a plot of money but I always thought that was because it was a 2 year run with no future production and people also buy them because they are ever increasing in value. Will be very interesting to see how this plays out.

I honestly think a release of a new GT will drop the value of the last generation of Ford GT's. Maybe not substantially, but I forsee them definitely taking a hit.

I honestly think a release of a new GT will drop the value of the last generation of Ford GT's. Maybe not substantially, but I forsee them definitely taking a hit.

Not a chance.

No way, completely different cars a decade apart.

No way 400k. People are still nameplate snobs and will not spend 400k on a new ford. Sub 200k for sure

But they'll spend $400k on a used one. I sold a Ford GT for $440k. A number of others have done the same. Ford GT/GT40 lineage carries a lot of cachet, and it's growing, not declining.

• 2 weeks later...

The amazing thing about the FGT is that it is truly one hell of a drivers car. In all aspects. It's amazing how polished it actually is. Much easier to drive fast than a Murci or comparable.

It took a while for everyone to latch on to that, but once it became an understanding the values jumped. doesn't matter the name badge said ford at that point. It was 1 hell of a car.

I imagine this go round, the cars will be instantly sought after.. If they are as good as what they should be prices will never sell close to invoice. Protecting the value of the current FGT.. If they don't live up to the hype and don't create a car that it should be.. Then the older versions will increase in value dramatically.

So IMO the values on the current FGT are not in any harm of depreciating over this.

I'm most excited to see the power train. Dual clutch seems like a given nowadays but if it is a TT six banger, it will be very interesting to see how it is received in the marketplace, regardless of power level.

A little interesting tidbit posted on Jalopnik. 'Phoenix' takes centerstage at NAIAS. Rising from the ashes, a successor to the GT40/FGT, perhaps? Still unclear if there will actually be a production vehicle at all. Maybe just a racecar? Who knows. All that is apparent is that Ford is keeping one hell of a secret.

http://jalopnik.com/ford-is-bringing-phoen...t-wh-1678397229

No spy shots of the gt, gt350r, raptor replacement, and whatever else they have up there sleeve thus far. Color this shock and awe.

I'm a little curious to see if Chevy unveils the Zora concept early just to screw w/ Ford. If you recall, Ford unveiled their truck concept at the same time Chevy introduced its new production truck, which was brilliant, and seemingly pissed off GM. Couple that w/ mule shots yesterday...hmmm. No matter what, best Detroit show ever is only a few days away!