Next generation of Ford GT is coming!

Nath4N

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$400k and release date of 10/16/15.

Less than $400k and it's not going to be available anywhere near that date.

Less than $400k and it's not going to be available anywhere near that date.

You sure? They have used the Aventador as the referenced price and performance competitor several times in the last few days. I hope you're right and the boss is just putting it out there to see where the margins are.

Amazing body the rear wheel arches are stunning... like a formula car. I know it worked on the Jag220 and its the new trend... but cant get horny about the ecoboost 6...... I know the 5.4 was essentially a truck motor too, but it harked back to the V8's in the original GT40.... was more special. They should have evolved that motor further....... maybe offered a 6cyl later. Aventador is glorious with its V12... makes the car

You sure? They have used the Aventador as the referenced price and performance competitor several times in the last few days. I hope you're right and the boss is just putting it out there to see where the margins are.

As of today, I'm sure. It's not going to be much less, but the base MSRP will come in under the Aventador base price. Of course, there's a long time to go until production commences, so things can always change. They pretty much only bring Aventador up as a price reference because the two cars have wildly different missions. A spartan and lightweight V6 track animal vs. a luxurious and heavy street V12.

Even at $400k it's extremely unlikely Ford will make any money on this program. Margins are so thin for them on this stuff that the tiniest deviation from plan can nuke any profitability.

• 1 month later...
Fully agreed. That is why I am only interested in the weight, fully fuelled. I can adjust the weight down if its a big fuel tank myself. This is what Sport Auto magazine does in its Super Tests.

I weigh all my cars on accurate digital scales. My 2013 Gallardo Superleggera Edizione Techica weighs 3360 lbs with a half tank of fuel. My 2013 Aventador Roadster with 3/4 fuel came in at 4200 lbs.

I weigh all my cars on accurate digital scales. My 2013 Gallardo Superleggera Edizione Techica weighs 3360 lbs with a half tank of fuel. My 2013 Aventador Roadster with 3/4 fuel came in at 4200 lbs.

Very interesting. What a massive difference. Tks for sharing.

• 2 months later...
my last ford gt-40 probably wont get new one.

Paid $23,000 for this one decades ago!

How long ago?

Judging by that Jacket i'm saying 35 years. :eusa_shhh:

Let's say it was 35 years ago, adjusting for inflation, $23k in 1980 money is $66k today. Gt40's are seven figure cars now, right?

How long ago?

I'm thinking about year or 2 after I got out of the Navy

probably 1973-74

bought it in England from Brian Wingfield (guy who made those amazing "D" type jags.)

He also restored my next GT-40 #1012 a Mk2 427 car.

I'm thinking about year or 2 after I got out of the Navy

probably 1973-74

bought it in England from Brian Wingfield (guy who made those amazing "D" type jags.)

He also restored my next GT-40 #1012 a Mk2 427 car.

Wow. Any idea where the cars are now?

Wow. Any idea where the cars are now?

The 289- no idea..the 427 A Frenchman owns it. It was topic of lawsuit which guy who has my car won.

I bought a wrecked tub in Vallejo shipped it to England. Guy who owned wreck tub (Davis) bought a new tub From Holman moody and built that out and called it 1012. Funny thing Symbolic motors sold both cars to Frenchmen then

there was a lawsuit over which one was the "real" 1012!!!!

• 1 year later...

I saw the car today, it is next level stuff!

Took some photos too, so far I have only edited one photo:

_full.jpg

It is an beautiful alien, aesthetics and aero are both new era in car design. On top of that it's obviously as much a race car as it is a supercar and an art piece.

Rare gem really.

I saw the car today, it is next level stuff!

Took some photos too, so far I have only edited one photo:

It is an beautiful alien, aesthetics and aero are both new era in car design. On top of that it's obviously as much a race car as it is a supercar and an art piece.

Rare gem really.

I'm digging all your IG pics of NEC. There are some sick cars out there.

Thanks! I came here only for this event to meet Shmee150 and trying Tillett carbon seats. I will publish a lot more because lets face it, when I go back to finland whole car world is there dead quiet, frozen solid so to speak.. apart from Tommi Mäkinen's WRC team and Bottas going to Merc F1 and me getting some carbon and other parts done.

But yes ASI17 was badass event. I have photos of every 2016 F1 cars and many many LeMans car, and many supercars.