Next generation of Ford GT is coming!

Nath4N

Is anyone else excited as hell at all the great cars coming out??

918, P1, ThethetheFerrari, New NSX, 650S, New Ford GT, New Shelby, New Z0H6, likely a new viper with Hellcat motor, Hellcat cars, new Cadillac V cars.

American car companies are NOT focking around

For real! You can get CF wheels on a mustang!! :shock:

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously not 'small' but yes it does look like it's going to be extremely light weight. There is an interview with Dave Pericak, the Ford Performance director, and he says it will have the best power to weight ratio of any car, ever. And it's all carbon fiber, including the chassis. So, yes, I bet it will be extremely lightweight in today's terms and stupid fcuking fast. We'll just have to wait and see, but that's my prediction for now.

This comment about it having the best power to weight of any car, ever, makes no sense at all.

We don't know the weight, but we do know the power is in the 600 horsepower range. Let's say for argument's sake it has 650 horsepower...

A ThethetheFerrari, as an example, makes 950 bhp and weighs around 3,300 lbs, again round numbers. It's P/W ratio is 3.47 lb/horsepower. In order for the GT to equal that ratio, it would have to weigh 2,250 lbs. There's no way that car will weigh anywhere near that little. And the ThethetheFerrari is not the production car with the best power to weight ratio either.

This comment about it having the best power to weight of any car, ever, makes no sense at all.

He said "one of the best" but for some reason it's getting attributed as him saying THE best. It will be nowhere near the power-to-weight of something like LaLa or P1, but it will be an absolutely brutal car around a race track lap after lap.

The car is light. It's a much higher performance vehicle than people are anticipating. 458 Speciale is really the benchmark overall driving experience, 650S also more of a overall stat benchmark.

It is also pretty small. I've been up close and personal with it several times and it just looks bigger than it is in pictures because the greenhouse is so low and inboard.

post-823-1421263150_thumb.jpg

In my opinion horsepower, stats, and quarter mile times are all important, because they are the easiest metric by which to judge the performance of a car, but it's not everything. Every driver will have many opportunities to run a car from 0-100+ through the gears or make a straight line highway pull, but a much smaller percentage of drivers will get to drive their cars on a road course or a twisty road. So straight line performance is an important criteria for most.

Most important to me is how balanced a car is. In other words, I want to know that the braking and cornering capabilities are commensurate with the level of acceleration. 1000+ horsepower cars that can barely put the power down are fun for straight line blasts, but wouldn't do well on a track or a road course. There's more acceleration than braking and cornering, and that creates a lopsided driving situation. That's why I'm a big advocate of the McLaren. Although it is wicked fast in a straight line, it also matches that acceleration with braking and cornering that is equally impressive and makes for a very balanced and capable package. I've driven that car on twisty mountain roads where I felt like I was superman.

I think this GT will function along the same lines.

:iamwithstupid: nailed it!

He said "one of the best" but for some reason it's getting attributed as him saying THE best. It will be nowhere near the power-to-weight of something like LaLa or P1, but it will be an absolutely brutal car around a race track lap after lap.

The car is light. It's a much higher performance vehicle than people are anticipating. 458 Speciale is really the benchmark overall driving experience, 650S also more of a overall stat benchmark.

It is also pretty small. I've been up close and personal with it several times and it just looks bigger than it is in pictures because the greenhouse is so low and inboard.

10422548_532600506842788_3460306084288990256_n.jpg

No doubt the car is going to be very impressive in every measure. If the Speciale and the 650S are the benchmarks that is very encouraging.

We don't know the weight, but we do know the power is in the 600 horsepower range. Let's say for argument's sake it has 650 horsepower...

A ThethetheFerrari, as an example, makes 950 bhp and weighs around 3,300 lbs, again round numbers. It's P/W ratio is 3.47 lb/horsepower. In order for the GT to equal that ratio, it would have to weigh 2,250 lbs. There's no way that car will weigh anywhere near that little. And the ThethetheFerrari is not the production car with the best power to weight ratio either.

Pardon my ignorance. I was just going by what the video said. But overall, it'll be a nice car, but I do hope it's not $400,000. That would seem a little up there.

I know Ford wouldn't say it but they need (aim) to deliver a car better than the benchmarks in order to sell against them in their rarified air. I expect a $400k sticker car that is a performance bargain.

I know Ford wouldn't say it but they need (aim) to deliver a car better than the benchmarks in order to sell against them in their rarified air. I expect a $400k sticker car that is a performance bargain.

The 360 Modena was the benchmark for the 05/06 GT. So, they purchased one to thrash around the proving grounds and crushed every metric. Raj Nair explicitly said the the benchmarks for the new GT were the Speciale and 650S. I'm guessing they bought a few of those, too. I don't think they have any intention of aiming just for equivalent performance.

Agreed, considering some of the cars in the pipeline, it better over deliver. At that price it really should have over 700 HP. Even then it may not be as fast as some cars cheaper than 400k

What cars meet the following criteria:

Carbon Fiber tub

Full Carbon Fiber exterior body

Dual Clutch Transmission

Active aerodynamics

Race-derived powerplant

Fixed Seating

The engine in the car is very, very close to the engine raced in the IMSA DP program. There aren't even interior panels; the carbon you see is the tub itself. They've given a minimal description of performance capabilities of the car at this point, but it's only mission is to go very, very fast around a race track.

It's a pretty thinly veiled race car if you look at it closely, so anyone thinking the car will be $200k is dreaming. You can't touch an 05/06 GT for that unless it has 20k+ miles. These will be built in significantly less quantity than those, and it's on a completely different level of performance.

200 or less? The bill of materials is considerably more than that, just look at the parts of that car. Then look at its competitors. And then it is limited. Not only does that add value to the buyer but substantial cost to the mfr per car. I don't see how it is not 400k msrp.

One thing is for certain, anyone who gets one for 400k is a lucky dog.

Obviously not 'small' but yes it does look like it's going to be extremely light weight. There is an interview with Dave Pericak, the Ford Performance director, and he says it will have the best power to weight ratio of any car, ever. And it's all carbon fiber, including the chassis. So, yes, I bet it will be extremely lightweight in today's terms and stupid fcuking fast. We'll just have to wait and see, but that's my prediction for now.

He says "one of the best".

Was there somewhere it said 400k? I'll bet it's half that.

Just seems like a lot of people think the pricing is going to be quite up there and it's that's the case, an 05/06 for 250ish would be a no trainer for me if I had the money. If it was close in pricing, maybe my choice would be different. Either way, unaffordable for me lol. But I look forward to seeing them in the wild and hearing from you guys that pick one up!

if its under $400k, its because ford is using this car to market itself and sell more of the affordable fords.. They are going to sell a shit load of Mustangs, F150's, Focus', etc.. They know that is where they will make their money off a car like this. It's an amazing marketing strategy.

• 2 weeks later...
Dare i say it looks better than the Aventador... :eusa_shhh:

Hmm, I like it, but a 50th Anni Av roadster still beats it in my eyes. I like cars that look fast and angry, but the new FGT looks super fast without any hostility. Although I understand that most people just want fast.

Is anyone else excited as hell at all the great cars coming out?? 918, P1, ThethetheFerrari, New NSX, 650S, New Ford GT, New Shelby, New Z0H6, likely a new viper with Hellcat motor, Hellcat cars, new Cadillac V cars. American car companies are NOT focking around

Maybe THESE are the "golden days" we are always talking about!!

Anyone have any ford connections? I want to order one. The local dealer is No help! My Partner and close friends have well over 30 dealerships between them and not 1 Ford in the bunch!

I have a feeling (despite having relatively few concrete details at the moment) that this car is going to be very, very good and that it will be the harbinger of a very strong era of American performance cars. I was thinking of this today after seeing the new Focus RS and looking at spy pics of the supposed mid-engine Corvette prototype. Good times for enthusiasts!

I have a feeling (despite having relatively few concrete details at the moment) that this car is going to be very, very good and that it will be the harbinger of a very strong era of American performance cars. I was thinking of this today after seeing the new Focus RS and looking at spy pics of the supposed mid-engine Corvette prototype. Good times for enthusiasts!

You not wrong, I just looked at the Focus RS, nice little car, also the new GT4 Cayman, I really like it! Certainly a great time for car enthusiasts.