Next generation of Ford GT is coming!

Nath4N

h ttp://www.dpccars.com/gallery/index.php/New-Ford-GT-Engine-Sound-Videos

If it sounds anything like this ... ouch! Low rpms are kinda okay, but the higher notes sound like Dyson's vacuum. is it really V6TT?

The looks will quickly wear off like a 21 y.o. Thai hooker and one will be left with that horrible sound.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The more I see this car, the more I appreciate the previous generation.

I'm sure it'll be a killer on the track, and Ford knows how to market the hell out of this, so they, as other have said, can sell it cheaply -presumably for a loss - and still make out like a bandit when they take orders for everything else.

If it sounds anything like this ... ouch! Low rpms are kinda okay, but the higher notes sound like Dyson's vacuum. is it really V6TT?

The looks will quickly wear off like a 21 y.o. Thai hooker and one will be left with that horrible sound.

You're basing your decision on the sound on a couple of videos of the car rolling along at 3 mph with the engine idling?

While I too am skeptical about the sound of a V6, I think I am going to reserve judgment until I actually hear the thing under load.

And personally I think the looks will become timeless.

You're basing your decision on the sound on a couple of videos of the car rolling along at 3 mph with the engine idling?

While I too am skeptical about the sound of a V6, I think I am going to reserve judgment until I actually hear the thing under load.

This should give you a decent idea of what it will sound like under load.

There's nothing to be gleaned from those videos because that's a show car. I'll leave it at that. I was standing right behind it when they drove it off the stage at press intro and I thought it sounded pretty cool.

Can't take much from the 3.5L in the DP car either. Acoustic tuning for a street car is a totally different scenario.

There's nothing to be gleaned from those videos because that's a show car. I'll leave it at that. I was standing right behind it when they drove it off the stage at press intro and I thought it sounded pretty cool.

Can't take much from the 3.5L in the DP car either. Acoustic tuning for a street car is a totally different scenario.

What do you know? It's not like you're a Ford insider or anything like that. :icon_mrgreen:

Link doesn't work for me.

Sorry, I forgot to mention, but for some reason the original link didn't want to work. So manually get reed of the space between h ttp

Let me know what you think.

Maybe the Thai hooker comparison is bit over the edge, but I agree on all of your 3 statements. Let's wait.

Btw, how about New Orleans's hooker comparo? They last much longer :)

That pic from the back looks like it was laser cut from a single block of aluminum. V6 or not, Ford knocked it out of the park. This is a serious looking machine.

Still no word on being able to order one?!

None. And I am going to be blown away if the production isn't in the thousands over the course of a few years.

:iamwithstupid:

My only fear is that it will be way too heavy. If they can somehow manage to get it down around 2600lbs it will be absolutely fcuking amazing.