Jalpa Alternator Cover

finkiedog

I need a new or used alternator cover/shield for my 86 Jalpa. Any thoughts where to start the search?

You could make one. The guy parting the Jalpa out on ebay would be another possibility. He was shipping a rusted out Jalpa from England (left hand drive- originally from France) , that should be here now.

You could make one. The guy parting the Jalpa out on ebay would be another possibility. He was shipping a rusted out Jalpa from England (left hand drive- originally from France) , that should be here now.

Makes me so sad to hear about these cars being left to rot or being parted.

Makes me so sad to hear about these cars being left to rot or being parted.

The guy parting out already sold that part...and I was looking for a real wing and new rear bonnet and those went to Japan. I checked GT car parts nothing there, any other sources?

The guy parting out already sold that part...and I was looking for a real wing and new rear bonnet and those went to Japan. I checked GT car parts nothing there, any other sources?

Do you know the part # that you're looking for?

(edit) Are you talking the large sheet metal piece that goes on the left side of the engine bay?

AH, ok, that piece. Yeah a new one is a bit spendy. I thought someone was parting out a Jalpa on one of the other sites, you might check around some of the various Lamborghini forums. You might also check Jalpa.ch as there was a for sale section there for used parts and may be worth checking with Raymond there. I'm sure he knows of someone who may have one laying around.