Some sort of attack at Canadian parliament.

Roman

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like there may be something happening in jurrusulum as well....

Serious, no bullshit volley of gunfire inside parliament caught on tape.

One suspect with long hair and a scarf jumped out of car with a rifle at the war memorial... Walked up to a soldier on duty and shot him execution style... Then moved on either to parliement, or a hotel across the street (or both)...

OTTAWA, Oct 22 (Reuters) - A gunman shot a soldier at the Canadian War Memorial in Ottawa and was then chased by police into the main parliament building, where at least 30 more shots were fired, according to media and eyewitness reports on Wednesday.

Parliament was locked down and Prime Minister Stephen Harper had left the building safely as police converged on the area.

As the situation developed, CBC News said in a tweeted news alert that more shots were fired near parliament and the gunman was still at large.

Police and tactical teams had converged on the area.

The wounded soldier was taken into an ambulance where medical personnel could be seen giving him cardio-pulmonary resuscitation.

The shooting comes two days after an Islamic convert ran down two Canadian soldiers with his car, killing one, near Montreal, before being shot and killed by police.

A construction worker on the scene told Reuters he heard a gunshot, and then saw a man dressed in black with a scarf over his face running towards parliament with a gun.

The man stopped a black car at gunpoint and hijacked it, construction worker Scott Walsh told Reuters. The driver got out safely, then the man drove the car to the Centre Block on Parliament Hill, where construction work is underway.

The gunman rushed past a woman with a child in a stroller, who ran away screaming. He did not attack the woman or child, Walsh said.

Centre Block is the main building at Parliament Hill, a sprawling complex of buildings and open space in downtown Ottawa. It contains the House of Commons and Senate chambers, as well as the offices of some members of parliament, senators, and senior administration for both legislative houses.

A Globe and Mail reporter in Centre Block on Parliament Hill tweeted that the building was under lockdown after "at least one shooter burst in and opened fire".

One member of parliament, Mark Strahl, tweeted from inside parliament: "Very tense situation in Ottawa this morning. Multiple gun shots fired outside of our caucus room. I am safe and in lockdown. Unbelievable."

From an excerpt in what Jpegs posted and Roman's post about Jerusalem, it appears running down civilians is catching on...

Jpegs article:

The shooting comes two days after an Islamic convert ran down two Canadian soldiers with his car, killing one, near Montreal, before being shot and killed by police.

The Jerusalem Post:

Eight people were injured in Jerusalem on Wednesday, in a suspected terror attack, after a car rammed into civilians near a light rail station by Ammunition Hill.

Jerusalem Police said the driver of the car tried to escape but was shot by policemen. He was moderately injured.

Two people were in serious condition, MDA reported, including a 50-year-old woman. A three-month-old infant in critical condition was evacuated to Mount Scopus' Hadassah Medical Center.

Four others were injured lightly in the incident.

Latest I see:

The shooting at the government complex came after witnesses said they saw one and possibly two men jump out of a Toyota Corolla and run toward the National War Memorial, where one man opened fire on a soldier, officials told the Ottawa Sun. The gunmen then ran to the Parliament building, where witnesses later said they saw one man - possibly a gunman, down near the library. Bernard Trottier, a Toronto-area MP, tweeted that the gunman inside Centre Block "has been shot and killed.” The other was reportedly being sought.

Hoping the gunman is the only fatality.

Noooooooo, keep this fucker alive as long as possible and make him rot in prison. Death is what he wants.

Noooooooo, keep this fucker alive as long as possible and make him rot in prison. Death is what he wants.

That's true. Well if he did die then I hope it was really painful

CBC TV said that a suspected gunman was shot dead inside the parliament building. It was not clear if he was acting alone.

Ottawa police said they were actively looking for one or more suspects.

I prefer him cold and dead. I don't want him to rot. I want him erased.

Three crime scenes in Ottawa including a shopping mall....

Ottawa police are now investigating shootings at the war memorial, the Parliament building and the Rideau Centre shopping center — all within blocks of each other.

Buckle your chin straps. NORAD on alert.

what does that even mean??

(CNN) -- In response to the ongoing situation at Canada's Parliament, the North American Aerospace Defense Command, or NORAD, has increased its alert posture, CNN has learned. That means that it has increased the number of planes on a higher alert status ready to respond if needed. NORAD and Canadian law enforcement and Canadian authorities are in contact, an official told CNN.

Read more: http://www.wptz.com/politics/urgent-norad-...0#ixzz3GtQcgA2N

My daughter goes to the University of Ottawa, which is very close to all of this.

The school is under full lockdown. I just walked past the Parliament buildings from my hotel to go to the Rideau Centre on Monday.

Earlier this month, Canada pledged to join the fight against ISIS in the Middle East with airstrikes.

Coincidence?

Earlier this month, Canada pledged to join the fight against ISIS in the Middle East with airstrikes.

Coincidence?

No. That's why this is happening.

No. That's why this is happening.

That's what I mean, I don't think it is coincidence . ISIS said they'd retaliate in some way for airstrikes. That's all I was eluding to.