Some sort of attack at Canadian parliament.

Roman

9/11.....10/22

Coincidence?

I believe a more plausable reason why this is happening today was that Canada's prime minister was to give Honorary Canadian Citizenship to Pakistani teenager and Nobel Peace Price winner Malala Yousafzhi, who was outspoken against the Taliban.

Now that has been cancelled.

But whether this is happening today because of the above reason or just a coincidence, I agree with others that this is all directly linked to Canada's confirmation in helping in the battle against ISIS.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope our Canadian brothers and sisters are stronger then we were under attack and terror and don't give away their rights in the name of safety and freedom like we did with the patriot act and homeland security.

I believe a more plausable reason why this is happening today was that Canada's prime minister was to give Honorary Canadian Citizenship to Pakistani teenager and Nobel Peace Price winner Malala Yousafzhi, who was outspoken against the Taliban.

Now that has been cancelled.

But whether this is happening today because of the above reason or just a coincidence, I agree with others that this is all directly linked to Canada's confirmation in helping in the battle against ISIS.

:iamwithstupid: they really have a hard on about girls going to school, don't they?

I really hope our Canadian brothers and sisters are stronger then we were under attack and terror and don't give away their rights in the name of safety and freedom like we did with the patriot act and homeland security.

:iamwithstupid:

I hope they catch and kill these clowns quickly and with minimal injuries. RIP to the executed soldier.

:iamwithstupid:

I hope they catch and kill these clowns quickly and with minimal injuries. RIP to the executed soldier.

The shooter was killed by the Sergeant At Arms in the Parliament building main hall.

The lock down was lifted at my daughter's university and it seems there is no immediate danger at this time, so now it is just questions about who this guy was and was he on the watch list.

The shooter was killed by the Sergeant At Arms in the Parliament building main hall.

The lock down was lifted at my daughter's university and it seems there is no immediate danger at this time, so now it is just questions about who this guy was and was he on the watch list.

Glad your daughter is ok!

Take her out to dinner and give her a hug. You both probably need it

Take her out to dinner and give her a hug. You both probably need it

I am approx 4 hours away. I was going to go when this was all happening but she said not to bother (I was just there 2 days ago).

She didn't seem very concerned for her safety even though it was only a few minutes away.

She will just stay away from Parliament and downtown for the next little while.

And this is the guy who stopped him... And exactly how he was dressed at the time...

Terrorist fail=go on Jihad and get capped by an old man dressed like a lawn jockey.

image.jpg

And this is the guy who stopped him... And exactly how he was dressed at the time...

Terrorist fail=go on Jihad and get capped by an old man dressed like a lawn jockey.

Just wanted to throw a mention of this guys name Kevin Vickers and he is 6ft 4

"Vickers became the sergeant-at-arms in the House of Commons eight years ago after a varied career in security that included protecting foreign dignitaries and members of the Royal Family.

He spent 29 years with the RCMP and rose to the rank of chief superintendent, often serving as the face of the national police force in New Brunswick. Before his appointment as sergeant-of-arms, Vickers was director of security operations for the House of Commons."

They also have the lockdown back in place for downtown Ottawa. :(

"Vickers became the sergeant-at-arms in the House of Commons eight years ago after a varied career in security that included protecting foreign dignitaries and members of the Royal Family.

He spent 29 years with the RCMP and rose to the rank of chief superintendent, often serving as the face of the national police force in New Brunswick. Before his appointment as sergeant-of-arms, Vickers was director of security operations for the House of Commons."

Also read he had just taken first place in a shooting competition against 150 other men in his department. This was the right guy for the job!

Also read he had just taken first place in a shooting competition against 150 other men in his department. This was the right guy for the job!

Hell yeah. A properly trained man. As opposed to the LAPD types.

Being a Canadian kid and spending my entire life in hockey,and most of my good friends being involved in professional hockey,it was chilling for me to see the Canadian National Anthem performed before the Pittsburgh-Philly game tonight.

Very sad and weird day as a Canadian. You see these conflicts and terrorist attacks happening abroad and, very unfortunately, even closer to home like it happened in NY. Actually seeing this happen in Ottawa is quite disturbing. My empathy level for the families hurt in the attacks on U.S. soil has gone up significantly. I'm just not sure how to explain this...you always think it will never happen "to you" or close to home...until it does.

The 2 military members who got run over by this 25 yo guy were stationed in the town where my mom works, about 10 minutes way from our family's home (I live in Montreal now but my family still lives there).

My thoughts go to the family and friends of the deceased and hurt people.

Very sad and weird day as a Canadian. You see these conflicts and terrorist attacks happening abroad and, very unfortunately, even closer to home like it happened in NY. Actually seeing this happen in Ottawa is quite disturbing. My empathy level for the families hurt in the attacks on U.S. soil has gone up significantly. I'm just not sure how to explain this...you always think it will never happen "to you" or close to home...until it does.

The 2 military members who got run over by this 25 yo guy were stationed in the town where my mom works, about 10 minutes way from our family's home (I live in Montreal now but my family still lives there).

My concern now is twofold... One, the U.S. reaction indicates there may be more coming... Its no secret the "chatter" is ramping up to pre 911 levels again.

And two, that a chain of Canadian Sleeper cells have been kicked off.... Where the hit and run cues the shooter, which cues the next asshole, etc...

Props to "Kevin Vickers". :bigemo_harabe_net-195:

I share your view exactly. Even though NY was so close, 1) I was much younger and 2) it didn't hit close to him like this did. An old friend of mine is in the army and the same age as the soldier who was shot.

Being a Canadian kid and spending my entire life in hockey,and most of my good friends being involved in professional hockey,it was chilling for me to see the Canadian National Anthem performed before the Pittsburgh-Philly game tonight.

Why was the Canadian anthem played at the game?