Some sort of attack at Canadian parliament.

Roman

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really?

:shock:

You said it was a Pittsburgh-Philly game. So why would they play the Canadian anthem there?

You said it was a Pittsburgh-Philly game. So why would they play the Canadian anthem there?

I am embarrassed to have to explain this to another adult but it was to show compassion and sympathy to a neighbor country under siege and duress from possible terrorist acts.

Just as Canada accepted hundreds of planes and thousands of passengers in the immediate aftermath of the tragic events on sept 11. There was no question of "should we help". It was a given. Just as it was apparently a given to the city of Pittsburgh or the Penguins organization to offer a gesture that "we care and we support you".

I am just glad they aren't fuckwits that don't get compassion.

I assume you are speaking tongue in cheek....

This should also give you a clue. Just because the teams are from the U.S. doesn't mean the players are...

I am embarrassed to have to explain this to another adult but it was to show compassion and sympathy to a neighbor country under siege and duress from possible terrorist acts.

Just as Canada accepted hundreds of planes and thousands of passengers in the immediate aftermath of the tragic events on sept 11. There was no question of "should we help". It was a given. Just as it was apparently a given to the city of Pittsburgh or the Penguins organization to offer a gesture that "we care and we support you".

I am just glad they aren't fuckwits that don't get compassion.

OH. Nope, I get that totally, for some reason it just wasn't registering :eusa_wall: My apologies.

Kansas City Chiefs fans gave a standing ovation to NY Giants players' running out onto the field at Arrowhead Stadium in the first NFL game following 9/11.

OH. Nope, I get that totally, for some reason it just wasn't registering :eusa_wall: My apologies.

Holy fcuk Wheels you are bizarre. I totally wanted you to die in a horrific fire for the last few minutes and now I want to totally hang around with you and go pick up chicks or something.

I figure I am the second weirdest person here and you have me beat 10 fold.

Don't worry guys, Stephen Harper is going to assure us this man is not a Muslim.

Think he'll send someone from the Ministry down to the Mosque and have a "thank you letter" to the the Iman and group? Or is that just an BHO thing?

Why was the Canadian anthem played at the game?

head_shake_no.gif

My concern now is twofold... One, the U.S. reaction indicates there may be more coming... Its no secret the "chatter" is ramping up to pre 911 levels again.

And two, that a chain of Canadian Sleeper cells have been kicked off.... Where the hit and run cues the shooter, which cues the next asshole, etc...

Not sure if your 2nd theory is right or just that Canada has extra crazy right now.

http://thechronicleherald.ca/metro/1245826...owntown-halifax

TLDR

"After a tense morning looking for a man who was reportedly carrying a gun, Halifax Regional Police arrested a man Thursday on Argyle Street and recovered a weapon from a nearby Halifax Transit bus"

Kevin Vickers is a serious badass!

The discription is right out of an action film.

I've held back from following up on this event until today simply because I didn't want to get my blood boiling.

after taking a couple days to let the situation settle, I've read through this thread all I can say is I'm really sad.

I saw a friend post something on facebook after this all went down that really made think about this in a different perspective. It read: "Today Canada changed..."

Yeah. It really did... :(

Being a Canadian kid and spending my entire life in hockey,and most of my good friends being involved in professional hockey,it was chilling for me to see the Canadian National Anthem performed before the Pittsburgh-Philly game tonight.

This was in the MTS Center in Winnipeg last night.

Posted in the feel good thread, but I though it was worth a repost.

http://imgur.com/gallery/9X4Ra

the title of hat post is perfect. i didnt even read it until thw end.

while looking at thw pics i thought "this is why ive always been proud to be Canadian."

its probably a pretty universal feeling.

I am not a very emotional guy but watching the anthems at the games in Canada on TV right is pretty spectacular.

My daughter is at the game in Ottawa and said there aren't many dry eyes around her.