Android...Videos are not clickable

Chipster

I don't remember any recent phone OS update. Maybe there was a Chrome update though but I can't click on any videos posted. Like not only will they not play but it's like there is nothing there...I.e. if I hold against the screen I don't get any pop up asking if I want to open in another tab. I'm pretty sure it has happened before but I don't recall what the fix or problem was. Any ideas? Anyone else seeing this?

Flash is fvcked up on Android. Have you tried on Opera? Another thing I'd try is to switch the "mobile/desktop" option in the browser settings.

...and videos are viewable on other websites.

That's weird. Maybe you are not waiting long enough for the video plugin to load? Sometimes I have to wait a couple of seconds on my PC for a video to show up here.

Correction, I can't play videos from other websites either if they are embedded. But directly on YouTube or if they are in a link I can. Just checked and both my OS and Chrome are up to date on my phone. Very annoying.

Correction, I can't play videos from other websites either if they are embedded. But directly on YouTube or if they are in a link I can. Just checked and both my OS and Chrome are up to date on my phone. Very annoying.

Youtube use html5, embedded videos use flash. Flash is no longer officially supported on Android I think, you need to manually install it.

Had the same problem after chrome updated on my phone. Try going to settings>applications>chrome and clear your cache and data and if that doesn'the work uninstall updates. Worked for me.

I'm viewing in desktop mode and videos are viewable on other websites.

I had the same issue before (Apple) no embedded videos would show on LP only no matter of what browser I was using, the strange thing was that if I were to reboot the browser the videos would show but when I opened a new thread they were gone again, another way of viewing them was by pushing reply and copying the link, fortunately after some software updates and LP crash it all got fixed!