Finally!

Fortis

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the thing I like the most, when stationary at the lights you can release the brakes and the car starts very gently moving forward, you apply the accelerator and off you go, the 570 always wanted to roll back and so I always had to be careful balancing the brake pedal with the throttle until the clutch engaged, on an incline it was quite a handful, I wasn’t worried about my ability to control it, I was mostly concerned about the clutch, that was one of the things I disliked about the 570 when in traffic.

I'm confused. the sl would roll back? I assume you mean on a hill facing upwards?

I'm confused. the sl would roll back? I assume you mean on a hill facing upwards?

Obviously some sort of incline has to be involved if the road is dead flat the car wouldn't roll backwards or forwards :icon_mrgreen:

What I was trying to convey was that at no point the SL would travel forward in 1st gear from a dead stop without me pushing the gas pedal but it would rather roll back (if a slight incline was involved :icon_mrgreen: )

The Huracan does, you engage 1st, take your foot off the brake and the car starts gently moving forward without you touching the gas pedal which makes for a very easy and comfortable drive in stop and go traffic.

Obviously some sort of incline has to be involved if the road is dead flat the car wouldn't roll backwards or forwards :icon_mrgreen:

What I was trying to convey was that at no point the SL would travel forward in 1st gear from a dead stop without me pushing the gas pedal but it would rather roll back (if a slight incline was involved :icon_mrgreen: )

The Huracan does, you engage 1st, take your foot off the brake and the car starts gently moving forward without you touching the gas pedal which makes for a very easy and comfortable drive in stop and go traffic.

But the superleg holds the brake for 3 seconds after you release the brake pedal so there is no going backwards uphill. :eusa_think:

Congrats on the car and good write up.

I'm still not convinced by it though. Maybe the SL version will bring that back for me.

But the superleg holds the brake for 3 seconds after you release the brake pedal so there is no going backwards uphill. :eusa_think:

I don't remember mine doing that, my car wasn't holding the brakes for 3 seconds or at least I didn't feel like it did, maybe yours is a special one :icon_mrgreen:

Bring the car out this weekend we can compare them, let me know!

Congrats on the car and good write up.

I'm still not convinced by it though. Maybe the SL version will bring that back for me.

Thank you, glad you've enjoyed it.

You own/ed a 560 I find it surprising the Huracan doesn't do it for you, what don't you like about it? I agree on the SL, I can't wait for that!

Thank you, glad you've enjoyed it.

You own/ed a 560 I find it surprising the Huracan doesn't do it for you, what don't you like about it? I agree on the SL, I can't wait for that!

I'll give you my honest and brief thoughts on it:

Yup i am their perfect candidate...young, love sports cars, daily drove an LP560 for 18 months covering 16,000 miles and yet the looks of the Huracan have left me completely cold. I went to the preview ages ago and the car did absolutely nothing for me. It was an instant let down. Only just now am i coming around to the looks but even at that point i am still disappointed with the car - i expected it to be as big a change that the Aventador was to the LP640 and it simply isn't IMO - it hasn't moved the game on far enough. The chassis isn't all that different, the engine sounds and practically is the same and ok so a new interior and exterior and the biggest change being the transmission.

It's just not enough IMO - they played it safe and have missed the mark, ESPECIALLY when you spec one up and it's within 20k of a lightly used Aventador. That's the biggest issue for me - 20k in it and the Aventador shits on it.

Not hating, just not come around to it yet. Also not driven it which is unfair to some extent...however the important thing to note is that i have no desire to do so which is a huge failure on Lambo's part.

I understand the looks part, huge factor in my decision-making process, I happen to love the look which is a bonus, looks aside if you drive one there is no way you will come away disappointed! I can put money on that :icon_mrgreen:

The other thing I can't comment on is value for money where you are, here a good spec Huracan will run you $500k a similarly spec Aventador is almost double close to $1 mil, the gap is quite significant, I am surprised to see such a small difference in price in UK.

congrats fortis. I acutally was not a fan of those wheels, but I think they work perfect with that color! Enjoy it in good health! Can't wait to see it in your Fortiress!

...what don't you like about it? I agree on the SL, I can't wait for that!

Lol Fortis, you shouldn't have asked.

As the say, de gustibus non est disputandum

Not everybody likes our choices :)

congrats fortis. I acutally was not a fan of those wheels, but I think they work perfect with that color! Enjoy it in good health! Can't wait to see it in your Fortiress!

Thank you hellraiser! the wheels work very well, they have quite a lot of depth and are very detailed when you see them IRL, few more months and I should be able to park it in its designated spot.

Lol Fortis, you shouldn't have asked.

As the say, de gustibus non est disputandum

Not everybody likes our choices :)

Latin! I like it :icon_thumleft:

I know not everybody likes my choices and I am perfectly ok with that, I was just curious that's all, and don't worry sooner or later he will have one :icon_mrgreen:

Went and had a look at the local red one here in Perth yesterday, (went to have a look at the Lotus Evora, have bit of a thing for them right now) only saw through the showroom as they were shut when got round to visiting, (damn work) anyway, the colour is similar same as yours and it really did look fantastic, they had a yellow Vent next to it and with the value of the H can't see the V being twice the car which is what it would be in price here. The showroom one had different wheels to yours and IMO you spec'd your perfect, congratulations.

I don't remember mine doing that, my car wasn't holding the brakes for 3 seconds or at least I didn't feel like it did, maybe yours is a special one :icon_mrgreen:

Bring the car out this weekend we can compare them, let me know!

Fortis, great write up!

Scud is right, my 570 held the brake for 3 seconds too, that was the only reason my wife would drive it unlike the first gen SL we had and the SV...I really liked that feature I have to say.

Went and had a look at the local red one here in Perth yesterday, (went to have a look at the Lotus Evora, have bit of a thing for them right now) only saw through the showroom as they were shut when got round to visiting, (damn work) anyway, the colour is similar same as yours and it really did look fantastic, they had a yellow Vent next to it and with the value of the H can't see the V being twice the car which is what it would be in price here. The showroom one had different wheels to yours and IMO you spec'd your perfect, congratulations.

Thank you djt77! Good luck with the Evora :icon_thumleft:

Not sure how I missed this thread until now. Congrats on the new car, looks amazing!

Thank you Sprite, I love your new acquisition!

Fortis, great write up!

Scud is right, my 570 held the brake for 3 seconds too, that was the only reason my wife would drive it unlike the first gen SL we had and the SV...I really liked that feature I have to say.

Thank you, glad you've enjoyed it!

Honestly I've never noticed the car held the brake for 3 seconds, because I left brake and right accelerate I was never off the brake when stationary and I would only lift simultaneously with pressing the accelerator, I am now curious to try it.

Sorry if that was misleading!

Thank you, glad you've enjoyed it!

Honestly I've never noticed the car held the brake for 3 seconds, because I left brake and right accelerate I was never off the brake when stationary and I would only lift simultaneously with pressing the accelerator, I am now curious to try it.

Sorry if that was misleading!

That was why you wouldn't notice it as your left is foot up, your right is down immediately, I tried that, but definitely not for me for sure. ;)

That was why you wouldn't notice it as your left is foot up, your right is down immediately, I tried that, but definitely not for me for sure. ;)

If you practice a bit more and you get your coordination right it will be much easier for you to drive.