Brakes on TTG

AJGlobal

I have stock rotors with hawk pads and just recently flushed the brake fluid and replaced it with a high temp racing fluid. I still was experiencing brake fade at the lambo BH event in thermal that deuce and allan and I went to. Just curious as to what you guys are running and what is working best for the TT cars when it comes to brake fade.

Get a set of the girodisc. I have been running them at the half mile, TI, and the street. They are amazing!! I have really put them through the test and will continue to use them.

Yeah if I was rich I would get the carbon ones hands down... if you are ballin on a budget like me get a set of the girodisc rotors and pads for about 2,800.

I tried stock rotors and upgraded race pads and fluid for a long time. It worked pretty good.

Girodisc rotors and pads are way better.

I would imagine the CCBs to be even better.

There are a ton of lambos running steel and carbon brakes stopping from 200+ no problem. Either way you will be fine.

Yeah if I was rich I would get the carbon ones hands down... if you are ballin on a budget like me get a set of the girodisc rotors and pads for about 2,800.

Lmao. Budget and 2r Lambo don't belong together

I tried stock rotors and upgraded race pads and fluid for a long time. It worked pretty good.

Girodisc rotors and pads are way better.

I would imagine the CCBs to be even better.

There are a ton of lambos running steel and carbon brakes stopping from 200+ no problem. Either way you will be fine.

Don't worry your my beta tester for my carbon brake kit. Revising some parts still but getting close. Will be over 50lb less rotating weight compared to stock steel brakes.

Don't worry your my beta tester for my carbon brake kit. Revising some parts still but getting close. Will be over 50lb less rotating weight compared to stock steel brakes.

I think with these I would have taken down Peter's record!

lol

where you been bro?

Best way to describe it is a Lord of the Rings type of adventure bro. All over the map, finally getting settled in back here in Toronto. Going to be coming stateside for a 3-4 week visit soon. Snow today, FML!

Hope all is well brother! Love the 6 speed conversion

Best way to describe it is a Lord of the Rings type of adventure bro. All over the map, finally getting settled in back here in Toronto. Going to be coming stateside for a 3-4 week visit soon. Snow today, FML!

Hope all is well brother! Love the 6 speed conversion

yeah, life is one big adventure....that's what makes it fun. Snow? F that

Stock non ceramics on a heavy Spyder seem to hold up well... Even when entering a huge bank at 190mph...

I'll never forget that turn lol. Every time I did it, " omg OMG omg I'm gonna die"

yeah, life is one big adventure....that's what makes it fun. Snow? F that

Agree on both aspects buddy, lol!

I'll never forget that turn lol. Every time I did it, " omg OMG omg I'm gonna die"

No kidding man, I have a video out by 1320 on the second time I ever did it, I am stuttering and shaking like a leaf, lmao

Agree on both aspects buddy, lol!

No kidding man, I have a video out by 1320 on the second time I ever did it, I am stuttering and shaking like a leaf, lmao

When we went out to test it I was the first do a fast pull into it. That first time my head said "it is fcuking wrong.....look at that TURN".

Then Bob Helms blasted off a run about 40mph faster than I did..........he was just laughing the whole time. lol

When we went out to test it I was the first do a fast pull into it. That first time my head said "it is fcuking wrong.....look at that TURN".

Then Bob Helms blasted off a run about 40mph faster than I did..........he was just laughing the whole time. lol

Yep. That sounds like Bob. Lol

I think with these I would have taken down Peter's record!

YES for sure! 380mm front kit is done!

It's crazy how light the carbon brakes are. I have some extra 400mm rotors that I bought and Id love to put them on a Gallardo but it needs some special spec 19s to work. Little overkill except for the 2r guys maybe. 400mm is almost an inch bigger than the oem carbon rotors btw. Lol

Brembo GTR kit would work well too and will be a good amount cheaper than CCB's, and being billet calipers they will be nice and light.

From Brembo on the GTR/RACE kit:

"A complete RACE kit (front/rear) starts at $14,995 MSRP and it goes up from there, depending on application. Lead time for a RACE kit is approximately 4-6 weeks. A 50%, non-refundable deposit is required for ordering a RACE system."

I did a complete custom complete set of CCB's cheaper than that for sure....I'll make a new thread :icon_thumleft:

380mm_CCB_Gallardo.jpg

I ended up ordering the girodisc rotors and pads and their racing brake fluid with 617 degree boiling point.

We'll see how they hold up...