Most Powerful Lamborghini on Pump Gas

D.Wiggs

1200+rwhp, and just 800ft lbs of torque? I dont think Ive ever seen a turbocharged engine (other than maybe a supra with a huge, laggy single on it) put up 50% more hp than tq. What gives?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1200+rwhp, and just 800ft lbs of torque? I dont think Ive ever seen a turbocharged engine (other than maybe a supra with a huge, laggy single on it) put up 50% more hp than tq. What gives?

The Murci engines do act very similarly to how you expect two 2JZ bolted together to behave; that's all I know. I also find it interesting that everyone else's dyno graphs (if you can even find them that is) almost never show TQ. And certainly no TT Murcis appear to show it for comparison.

• 1 month later...

Efficient turbos at moderate boost + lots of revs = Big HP on pump gas.

800 ft lbs @ 8,000 RPM = ~1,219whp.

On a race gas tune, where he can run as much boost as the turbos will flow, you'll see the torque spike earlier and fall off as RPMs increase and the turbos can't keep up.

Efficient turbos at moderate boost + lots of revs = Big HP on pump gas.

800 ft lbs @ 8,000 RPM = ~1,219whp.

On a race gas tune, where he can run as much boost as the turbos will flow, you'll see the torque spike earlier and fall off as RPMs increase and the turbos can't keep up.

^Bang on.. for those who don't know --- HP = Torque/5252*RPM

gold foil? that's cute. ;)

My FGT

Your intake manifold is properly bad ass as well! Can't wait to see more pics of the whole car in one piece. :icon_thumleft:

Non-metric units. Turn those numbers to kW & Nm and it tells different story.

ps. That calculation gives your engine power, not power to wheels.

Engine bay does look pretty nice. Would love to see more pics of the set up and the gold foil.

austinpowersingoldmember_photos_232.jpg

Thanks! Can't wait until the custom carbon pieces are complete; it'll really tie it all together with a more OEM Racecar look. The gold foil is actually just what's holding the 'good stuff' in place. :icon_mrgreen:

You should hear it in person; loudest non-racecar you've ever heard! 99dB at 80ft.....at IDLE. :lol2:

Thanks! Can't wait until the custom carbon pieces are complete; it'll really tie it all together with a more OEM Racecar look. The gold foil is actually just what's holding the 'good stuff' in place. :icon_mrgreen:

You should hear it in person; loudest non-racecar you've ever heard! 99dB at 80ft.....at IDLE. :lol2:

Custom carbon! Very exciting!

How do you even drive it with it being that loud?

Custom carbon! Very exciting!

How do you even drive it with it being that loud?

What??? I can't hear you.

What??? I can't hear you.

I followed Dave's SV in my car on a short cruise in Sept and I can attest to the loudness.

My girlfriend got the priveledge to ride in the car and she said they could only really talk at red lights, had to yell though.

Her first ride in a Lambo ever, and I put her in Dave's TTSV :lol2: . She understood why I'm always on about Lambos after that.