Elite from China

Camel Toe Juice

Why get the car wrapped? Why not get it one of those paint jobs that use a paint that has metallic bits in it that make the car really shiny? Wrapping it just seems kinda cheap to me...?

I have read that the issue of Chinese youth flaunting their wealth in China is a problem that is engendering a lot of envy and rage, because of the belief among many Chinese that the system is rigged, that the only real way to get wealthy is via having political ties. It isn't that the Chinese people dislike honest-earned wealth, just when they think it wasn't really earned fairly. That is what I have read anyway.

Just showed my buddies from China. The video may not be true, but the content is definitely true.

When you say that the video may not be true, what do you mean?

Why get the car wrapped? Why not get it one of those paint jobs that use a paint that has metallic bits in it that make the car really shiny? Wrapping it just seems kinda cheap to me...?

Because repainted cars many times lose value due to the repaint, especially if not a factory color. (obvious exceptions to rules out there). With a wrap you can easily take it back to stock and it protects the original paint, usually...

What do you expect.... all the factories in North America and Europe that have been shut down.... all the jobs that have been outsourced........ the companies they have bought up........... Canada's sale of oil companies and new FIPA agreement, Obama's 5 yr student 10yr business visas....... etc...etc..... ts the new shift in power and it was all given on a silver platter

Wrapping is a trend. It's a level of personalization that paint can't really reproduce since the graphics are more than a color change. It isn't a fav by purists but youths are after the image.

The interest on chinese youths is a bit silly in my opinion. Being Asian myself, I think people should mind their own business. If the kids parents decide to pass on their wealth to their kids who are we to judge? Besides, wealth isn't worth much if not earned. I don't envy trust fund kids.

Growing up in the 80s, I think people generally think chinese are poor immigrants that work at restaurants and sell dollar toys on subways. Much has changed and I think people should stop stereotype based on race and ethnicity.

For example, on a gold rush rally, a bunch of Vietnamese exotic owners were dissed. They started their own rally, Gia lai. I found them to be the nicest people. Never judge a book by its cover.

Agreed... a person should be judged on character not color....... but when a bunch of students with New Driver stickers on their LP670's and 570's get busted drag racing at 120mph in Vancouiver city limits it doesnt help their image in foreign countries.

http://bc.ctvnews.ca/13-young-drivers-caug...y-cars-1.691489

Same token westerners have been going all over the world and flaunting wealth in poor countries, and wealthy people from the Middle East have as well, so it's not really a new thing or a Chinese exclusive thing

When you say that the video may not be true, what do you mean?

I meant, the video could have been staged, etc., but according to my friends a lot of people come over here from China because they have money and they can live way better here, while maintaining roots and connections in China. It's all about where the money gets them more.

There are multiple Chinese students at the University of Nebraska that drive nice cars/exotics...two Maserati Granturismo's, an Audi R8 V10, Ferrari 360 Spider, a few BMW M6s, X6Ms, Audi S8s, Panamera Turbos. They come here and lease them for the four years that they'll be studying here.

We had a Chinese college student in our Cars and Coffee group for a couple years, he had a LP570-4 and modded M3. I went to his apartment once and his whole apartment complex was FULL of Chinese students with $75k+ cars in the parking lot.

Very good, wealth goes out of the country in one form wealth comes back in the country under a different form and the circle is complete, these guys support a lot of industries and local businesses, good for them!

I am all for giving your kids a better life, a high powered exotic isn't such a good idea I agree but you always want to give your kids what you didn't have and if you can why not ?

Yup very true! When I lived in Boston the last few years I knew a 21 year old kid who would buy a new car every 2-3 months to add to his collection which already consisted of a Gallardo, 2 Bentleys, McLaren, Maserati, SLR, and G63 with an Aventador Roadster on order. The thing that I found funny was that he parked in the same garage as me in the city which was $400 a month per spot.

That vid is 100% true. I go eat with Turboalex out in Arcadia and those areas and see all the kids with their crazy cars. Good for them!

Wrapping is a trend. It's a level of personalization that paint can't really reproduce since the graphics are more than a color change. It isn't a fav by purists but youths are after the image.

The interest on chinese youths is a bit silly in my opinion. Being Asian myself, I think people should mind their own business. If the kids parents decide to pass on their wealth to their kids who are we to judge? Besides, wealth isn't worth much if not earned. I don't envy trust fund kids.

Growing up in the 80s, I think people generally think chinese are poor immigrants that work at restaurants and sell dollar toys on subways. Much has changed and I think people should stop stereotype based on race and ethnicity.

For example, on a gold rush rally, a bunch of Vietnamese exotic owners were dissed. They started their own rally, Gia lai. I found them to be the nicest people. Never judge a book by its cover.

I don't think anybody is judging them and I agree with the sentiment of good for them.

Nothing new...most of my friends who can afford a Bmw here goes to the states to study and buy an exotic for the same price..cars are alot cheaper there.

every bmw here cost the same amount as a Ferrari in the states..

Welcome to Southern Cal... These kids would have armed security details guarding their every move from kidnapping in their countries but when you see them here... just another rich asian kid driving an exotic. Not bad if you ask me.

Very good, wealth goes out of the country in one form wealth comes back in the country under a different form and the circle is complete, these guys support a lot of industries and local businesses, good for them!

I am all for giving your kids a better life, a high powered exotic isn't such a good idea I agree but you always want to give your kids what you didn't have and if you can why not ?

:iamwithstupid:

I hope to give my boys an amazing life....probably won't include exotic cars they own while in college but still...

yeah...its in the 626 "hood"

drive thru Arcadia and its a normal scene.

Alhambra too

I recognized a few of these guys from a meet in South Pasadena. There was a post about a 458 paying the jeep tax while pulling out of a parking lot earlier this year in that neighborhood. Lots of money from parents, but overall a very respectful group of guys not spoiled trustfund kids in the hills or the 818. They are mostly driving the cars like you'd drive a Honda, until we hit the Crest or GMR :)

That vid is 100% true. I go eat with Turboalex out in Arcadia and those areas and see all the kids with their crazy cars. Good for them!

i didnt watch the video,

however i just spent just over a week in HK with a car friend and I never saw so many exotics ever(except concorso), new shit, old shit, you name it it was there in every parking lot. it looked like cars and coffee all over the place, in Hong Kong.

Makes Beverly Hills look like Idaho......seriously

its southern california, this is rich kid mecca - the focus on them being asian is kind of pointless because there are rich kids of all races and backgrounds in so cal - asians, white kids, black kids, middle eastern, etc. etc....