Need help buying a mattress

lambornima

I have a tempurpedic, fcuking HATE it. alone I move a bit in my sleep. with someone in the bed, I don't move as much and I feel like i got hit by a truck when i wake up in the morning, plus they suck for sex. i think it was around 3500 for it four years ago, getting rid of it this weekend. I think I sleep better on really firm hotel beds.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

Anyone have any recommendations of a mattress that has worked really well for them? I know its sort of subjective, but i bought a Westin Heavenly Bed about 3 years ago and the thing has concaved like a 500lb guy is sleeping in it.

I want to try Tempurpedic, but I'm worried I will buy it and hate it. There is a Thomasville hybrid (half memory foam half spring) at Costco for about $2500 that seems to be the highest reviewed. What is the return policy like on tempurpedic?

Anyone have any recommendations of a mattress that has worked really well for them? I know its sort of subjective, but i bought a Westin Heavenly Bed about 3 years ago and the thing has concaved like a 500lb guy is sleeping in it.

I want to try Tempurpedic, but I'm worried I will buy it and hate it. There is a Thomasville hybrid (half memory foam half spring) at Costco for about $2500 that seems to be the highest reviewed. What is the return policy like on tempurpedic?

PERFECT

I bought my tempur pedic from Costco. I've bought every mattress from Costco, just for the return policy, because it is hard to find a good mattress. So, I went through a ton, found one I liked and kept it.

Tempur Pedic all the way, you won't regret it. The regular Costo return policy applies, lifetime for the mattress.

Once you go to memory foam you won't go back. It will take some getting used to, but it's awesome.

If they have them in store, even better. Go try them out then order on costco.com. I say start with the middle firmness so then you know which way you want to move, less or more.

I just got into bed (been sick) and put my cup of tea on the mattress. Onto the bed and my cup of tea didn't tip over. Memory foam is legit haha. :D

I have a Tuft and Needle mattress and absolutely love it, way better than my old $3k+ mattresses. I figured it's only $800 and they have a 100 day guarantee that if you don't like it you get your money back and best of all they come pick it up and donate it locally, nothing to lose.

I have a Tuft and Needle mattress and absolutely love it, way better than my old $3k+ mattresses. I figured it's only $800 and they have a 100 day guarantee that if you don't like it you get your money back and best of all they come pick it up and donate it locally, nothing to lose.

I wanted to go TN before I went Tempur pedic. I agree with this. Nothing to lose and the reviews are positive.

Tempur, used them for over 10 years now, I wouldn't buy anything else.

Yep tempur works (or similar spacefoams).

Mine has matress and upper part of base Tempur and springs at the bottom of base, and I sleep like a baby.

Yep tempur works (or similar spacefoams).

Mine has matress and upper part of base Tempur and springs at the bottom of base, and I sleep like a baby.

Waking up every two hours screaming and looking for milk?

After several trips to different mattress stores, we ended up with a sleep number.

Highly recommend.

Get the best one you can at Ikea. Just make sure it is made in USA. It's made by seally or serta or whoever and it's pretty stellar.

+1 Like or thumbs up for this!

I too love the ones in Ikea but only those made in USA.

I definitely want to go Tempurpedic next, but if I'm on a budget, probably Kingsmere, but I'm a 320lbs fatass so I need something firm that doesn't die in a year.

I definitely want to go Tempurpedic next, but if I'm on a budget, probably Kingsmere, but I'm a 320lbs fatass so I need something firm that doesn't die in a year.

Amazon memory foam mattress. Signature sleep. Nice and firm. Good value. Have them for the guest room. Can't beat it for the $

I went through a few beds, but cheapest bed with a nice mattress topper was the best result.

This. I have a $300 mattress topper on the concrete slab of a bed I have at site and I sleep like a baby every night.

I'd take this pad and a plywood sheet at home over the fancy and extra expensive foam mattress currently there.

This. I have a $300 mattress topper on the concrete slab of a bed I have at site and I sleep like a baby every night.

I'd take this pad and a plywood sheet at home over the fancy and extra expensive foam mattress currently there.

Ive spent HOURS testing all types of beds, but in a few of my RVs they have the cheaoest/thinnest mattress bit with toppers on them. Best night sleep ever!

I think the mattress industry is the biggest scam out there, ( edit:second to used exotic car sales people (HINT,HINT). I paid 4k on a bed, but the best sleep ive had is on the cheapest mattress with a $200 topper.

Not another one sleeping like a baby LOL

Ive spent HOURS testing all types of beds, but in a few of my RVs they have the cheaoest/thinnest mattress bit with toppers on them. Best night sleep ever!

I think the mattress industry is the biggest scam out there, ( edit:second to used exotic car sales people (HINT,HINT). I paid 4k on a bed, but the best sleep ive had is on the cheapest mattress with a $200 topper.

:lol2:

Amazon memory foam mattress. Signature sleep. Nice and firm. Good value. Have them for the guest room. Can't beat it for the $

Unfortunately my older mattress was so bad that the memory foam couldn't actually save it, I needed something really stiff underneath it. So when I finally got something nice and stiff/firm, the memory foam definitely helped but I did need both in the end.

I recently bought an Amerisleep Revere mattress. I've never slept this good in years. I haven't woke up in pain once, and wake up every day feeling like a badass. fcuking amazing.

A cheap matteress with a memory foam toper isn't a bad way to go at all.