Longing for the Days of Hummer

WheelsRCool

I never thought the H3 was anything special but the H2 was different enough to be cool. I miss the brand overall. It just added a little variety.

I never thought the H3 was anything special but the H2 was different enough to be cool. I miss the brand overall. It just added a little variety.

The H2 is a tahoe and the H3 is a joke. There is only one Hummer.

The H2 may be a Tahoe frame, but feels nothing like a Tahoe while driving it.

image.jpg

:lol2:

I love the H1. Looks so mean with bigger tires. Never drove in one but are they pigs? Seems like they would be almost underpowered for regular street use.

I love the H1. Looks so mean with bigger tires. Never drove in one but are they pigs? Seems like they would be almost underpowered for regular street use.

The non turbo diesel ones were too slow but mine was just fine for most use. It was fun as hell to drive, unlike any other vehicle. Once for haloween I drove around our hilly neighborhood for trick or treat carrying 16 adults and kids and you couldn't feel there was any added weight.

By underpowered, do you mean in horsepower or torque? Because H1s have tons of torque. Torque is what moves the vehicle, horsepower is what will move it fast. For example, you can have a truck that is rather slow in acceleration, but it will nonetheless pull a huge load.

By underpowered, do you mean in horsepower or torque? Because H1s have tons of torque. Torque is what moves the vehicle, horsepower is what will move it fast. For example, you can have a truck that is rather slow in acceleration, but it will nonetheless pull a huge load.

They dont have a ton of torque. About half of what current Diesels have. 440 ft lbs of torque

The majority of hummers are wildly underpowered in both categories. About the only one worth mentioning is the Alpha with the duramax diesel.

Unless you consider 160hp and 330ft/lbs tons of torque when moving a 7000+ lb vehicle with the highest driveline friction loss known to man as "tons of torque"

They are PAINFULLY slow to drive.

The majority of hummers are wildly underpowered in both categories. About the only one worth mentioning is the Alpha with the duramax diesel.

Unless you consider 160hp and 330ft/lbs tons of torque when moving a 7000+ lb vehicle with the highest driveline friction loss known to man as "tons of torque"

^^^This is what I meant with my question. Thanks for the lesson in HP/TQ Wheels...

Most are 195hp and 430tq but yes, painfully slow indeed. Without some work, they barely get out of there own way.

The Duramax made a big difference as you could easily tune them to be 0-60 in under 7 seconds and still get 28+MPG with selectable AWD.

My understanding is that since 2006, the H1 has had a diesel that produces 305 hp and 605 lb-ft of torque.

^^^This is what I meant with my question. Thanks for the lesson in HP/TQ Wheels...

If that is sarcasm, I was just trying to help.

Okay, I see, I was thinking of the Alpha then. However, I never claimed the H1 was fast, I said it had lots of torque, which I specifically said doesn't mean the vehicle is fast.

Okay, I see, I was thinking of the Alpha then. However, I never claimed the H1 was fast, I said it had lots of torque, which I specifically said doesn't mean the vehicle is fast.

I'll put it this way. The ALPHA is so good, that people are selling them for MSRP with 110K miles on them. :icon_super:

You see the specs for a new diesel truck in the 2500/3500 weight class with like 800 lb-ft of torque, and still no better than 0-60 in the mid 7s or something.

H1 was an amazing car for what it was, those sales videos blasting through frozen ponds and over 3ft walls. Still floored they sold to the Chinese. With current Diesel engines and drive lines I can only imagine what they would be today.

You see the specs for a new diesel truck in the 2500/3500 weight class with like 800 lb-ft of torque, and still no better than 0-60 in the mid 7s or something.

Im more impressed by the 3/4 ton and 1 tons 0-60 times with 10,000+lbs behind them. On You Tube, The Fast Lane Truck does some real world testing on their page. Its pretty cool.

H1 was an amazing car for what it was, those sales videos blasting through frozen ponds and over 3ft walls. Still floored they sold to the Chinese. With current Diesel engines and drive lines I can only imagine what they would be today.

What are the Chinese even doing with the company?

The H1 Alpha is no joke. Would be a fun ride to have for sure! 15yo me misses the Hummer brand....hell 29 year old me misses it too!

I guess I was incorrect, china deal fizzled...then like everything else they decided to make an exact copy. So looks like hummer just ended up going out of business

• 1 month later...

My dad had an H2 for a number of years. Put 160,000++ miles on it with little trouble. He was an oil change fanatic, every 3k to the T. Towards the end more things started failing and he recently got rid of it. I just saw a nice one out and about here in NY during the last snow storm. Slight lift, nice big fat tires, decked out. Made me want one as a snow mobile.

My dad had an H2 for a number of years. Put 160,000++ miles on it with little trouble. He was an oil change fanatic, every 3k to the T. Towards the end more things started failing and he recently got rid of it. I just saw a nice one out and about here in NY during the last snow storm. Slight lift, nice big fat tires, decked out. Made me want one as a snow mobile.

what color might have been mine a h2 or h1

Plus the H2 was a Hollywood fad which the regular people followed. Same for Fisker a while ago when every celebrity/athlete had to drive one. It's the flavour of the month.

In that segment, people want bang for buck. They want good looks, good mileage (sortof, at least no big 6.2 liter engine), luxury, comfort, ... etc. Porsche and Range are better in every aspect.