Huracan impounded for 60 in a 30....

FikseSTS

Canada hates success,people who speak up, stand out, and flash and loves when people fall from grace. Petty country because of our British background. Favorite expression in canada " the tall poppy gets cut down"

I understand fines even jail time but confiscating property is not cool, the government shouldn't be allowed to take what's yours no mater how dumb you are or behave, I thought we've eradicated communism.

Next thing you know they will find a reason to come and take your house!

They took all your guns...

Lol thats funny dont worry lots of us canucks are very heavily armed. Hand guns, semi autos are allowed you just have to have the right permits and they are easy to get. Hell last yeat i got my wife a nice smith and wesson for Christmas and one of my stocking stuffers was a bag of ammo for my 40 cal ruger.

Lol thats funny dont worry lots of us canucks are very heavily armed. Hand guns, semi autos are allowed you just have to have the right permits and they are easy to get. Hell last yeat i got my wife a nice smith and wesson for Christmas and one of my stocking stuffers was a bag of ammo for my 40 cal ruger.

:icon_thumleft: You need to find your way over to the Gun thread in Off Topic!

I beleive he meant wherever fortis lives which isn't canada

Fortis lives in Australia. That was why the comment was directed towards his quote. It was just a little ribbing back and forth. His response was equally as funny!

Canada hates success,people who speak up, stand out, and flash and loves when people fall from grace. Petty country because of our British background. Favorite expression in canada " the tall poppy gets cut down"

Amen.

Welcome to the police state....we have laws like...your dog cannot go within 10 meters of the pathway in an off leash area. They make a "playground zone" so motorists can react if a child runs on the road, but he can ride a bicycle at 100 while weaving through pedestrians, children, and dogs.... but the dog should know better. They want to pass a law where if you are on your phone they take your phone. In BC the highway speed limit is a ridiculous 90kph, if you go 30 over they impound your car. So there have been several reports of families with small children, and young girls being forced to walk the highway in the mountains because the cops towed their car.... 120 on the highway is nothing!! The cops also get a hard on to park at passing lanes.... so you follow a trailer for 40km's and finally get a chance to pass, pull out, accelerate and bam...ticket.. so what you end up with is people puling out and driving next to the car they're passing and everyone piling in at the end of the lane almost smashing into each other. This is also the country where you have to stand around when a guy breaks into your house because if you touch him you'll get charged with assault...Our true north strong and free?? Far from it......

Welcome to the police state....we have laws like...your dog cannot go within 10 meters of the pathway in an off leash area. They make a "playground zone" so motorists can react if a child runs on the road, but he can ride a bicycle at 100 while weaving through pedestrians, children, and dogs.... but the dog should know better. They want to pass a law where if you are on your phone they take your phone. In BC the highway speed limit is a ridiculous 90kph, if you go 30 over they impound your car. So there have been several reports of families with small children, and young girls being forced to walk the highway in the mountains because the cops towed their car.... 120 on the highway is nothing!! The cops also get a hard on to park at passing lanes.... so you follow a trailer for 40km's and finally get a chance to pass, pull out, accelerate and bam...ticket.. so what you end up with is people puling out and driving next to the car they're passing and everyone piling in at the end of the lane almost smashing into each other. This is also the country where you have to stand around when a guy breaks into your house because if you touch him you'll get charged with assault...Our true north strong and free?? Far from it......

FYI: The speed limits on certain Hwy's in BC have been increased to 120 KPH.

Also here are the rules for Excessive Speeding:

Excessive speeding is defined in the Motor Vehicle Act as driving at a speed greater than 40 km/h over the speed limit. About 10,000 tickets are issued by police annually for excessive speeding.

Fines —The faster you drive, the higher the fine

Exceeding the driving limit by more than 40 km/h— $368 fine plus the driver will receive three penalty points

Exceeding the driving limit by more than 60 km/h — $483 fine plus the driver will receive three penalty points

Excessive speeding will also result in the immediate impoundment of the vehicle you are driving and costs:

seven days for a first offence plus towing and storage costs – at least $210

30-days for a second offence within a two-year period plus towing and storage costs – approximately $700

60 days for any subsequent offences within two years plus towing and storage costs – over $1200

What entire highways are 120? TransCanada has sections - like the stretch by Golden and Sicamous, that's 100. The coquihalla is 120 that's about it.

http://www.calgarysun.com/2013/08/18/alber...ir-day-in-court

It is 40, I was incorrect...but its the discretion of an RCMP..... no trial loss of your vehicle.... they shouldn't be allowed to seize your property for going 130kph on a stretch of highway. Impaired I have no sympathy, or reckless driving/racing in the city either... but I can guarantee that 120-125 in a Lambo with Alberta plates in BC will be 130 and impounded. This isn't elementary school where the teacher takes away your belongings... have a trial.. fines... but impounding your property is BS. The reason this pisses me off as well is... I was in my Gallardo and a buddy in his 430.... a cop followed us all the way through downtown. We stopped at a red light where a bunch of drunk teenagers surrounded our car and wouldn't move even with the light turning green, popo sat behind us, followed us another 15 minutes... then on the busiest street pulled us over. I asked what the issue was, he told me to shut up and took my papers, then took my buddies papers. Gave us each a $600 reckless ticket... when asked to see the evidence he told me I had an attitude problem. I hired a lawyer, cost us each $2k and when he was asked to produce evidence he had NONE even though his squad car had a dash cam. He dropped the charges...but no repercussions for him. Had I been on the highway I would have been hitch hiking. Too much authority is given to mere traffic cops. My 65 year old father was in his Porsche going 125Km in a 110Km zone, cop pulls him over and starts berating him and say "is this your midlife crisis car?" Swat team guys and detectives never act like dicks around the cars its always beat cops, but these are the guys with your fate in their hands on the highway. They have too much authority.

Nope it's stupid canadian law. At a certain speed your car is seized and your Licence automatically suspended

VPD routinely posts pictures of the accused's impounded vehicle on Twitter with a mocking comment similar to the following:?

"Lamborghini - $275K. Excessive speeding ticket - $368. Watching your sports car get towed for 7 days - Priceless"

Sure seems to fall under the "Let's Make an Example of" column to me...

When I saw the title I knew this had to have happened in Canada.

However, similar things happen in US....

Read this buddy ;)

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/03/us/philadelp...-house-seizure/

http://drugs.gawker.com/familys-home-seize...bust-1631073602

http://www.thefix.com/content/philadelphia...ons-heroin-bust

This is nuts, damn.

When I saw the title I knew this had to have happened in Canada.

However, similar things happen in US....

Read this buddy ;)

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/03/us/philadelp...-house-seizure/

http://drugs.gawker.com/familys-home-seize...bust-1631073602

http://www.thefix.com/content/philadelphia...ons-heroin-bust

:shock:

That's just crazy, I understand if the son were the owner and he bought the house with ill gotten gains, but that's just crazy.

• 2 weeks later...
I understand fines even jail time but confiscating property is not cool, the government shouldn't be allowed to take what's yours no mater how dumb you are or behave, I thought we've eradicated communism.

They already have reasons to take your house... unpaid taxes, etc.

They already have reasons to take your house... unpaid taxes, etc.

A little different, no? The home/property is an asset - you owe money to government, they seize assets/freeze bank accounts, etc.

I don't really see a problem with this.

This thread is about seizing property for little or no reason! I DO see a problem with this.