CHP 11-99 Membership

Camel Toe Juice

I've heard a lot about this, but does having the plate really truly help?

If you get pulled over, aren't you supposed to hand over your license with the 11-99 ID card next to it? I'd like some commentary from a member on effectiveness.

What "perks" does this get you?

Nothing from any city police department, county sheriff, or any other agency that's not CHP.

From the CHP (and in no way guaranteed)...most officers will give you the courtesy of a warning if you are an 11-99 member.

I've heard a lot about this, but does having the plate really truly help?

If you get pulled over, aren't you supposed to hand over your license with the 11-99 ID card next to it? I'd like some commentary from a member on effectiveness.

I never got pulled over with the plate. Not once... Not anywhere. Not by any agency. Same for my wife.

The membership doesnt guarantee anything, I know a member who issued a ticket from the CHP with ID and licence plate frame on his car.

I signed up for it, I will be more than happy to support the local law enforcement community whenever I can.

If anyone in Socal is interested in putting together some type of event/charity run pm me.

I think the value varies greatly. I remember being on a run in LA which was a CHP run to benefit the 11-99 foundation. One of the cars got pulled over by a sheriff on PCH. Actually, I seem to recall 4 of them did, all got tickets.. I don't want to speculate on how they were driving, but since the CHP was with us, I don't think it mattered one iota..

-Steven

I think the value varies greatly. I remember being on a run in LA which was a CHP run to benefit the 11-99 foundation. One of the cars got pulled over by a sheriff on PCH. Actually, I seem to recall 4 of them did, all got tickets.. I don't want to speculate on how they were driving, but since the CHP was with us, I don't think it mattered one iota..

-Steven

That was why those runs got cancelled. fcuking douches ruined it as usual.

• 2 months later...

Came back in town last week to the suprise of my 1199 package.

Very well put together and worth every penny. A very nice wallet, badge, plaque and newsletter of the CHP/1199 foundation. Reminded me of the newsletter back at the StarCenter days. At any rate, money well spent and would do it again. Very heavy duty badge they send.

I think many take law enforcement for granted, great opportunity to pay back. I am open to do other fund raising events for ANY law enforcement if other owners are interested,please pm me.

20150215_005336.jpeg

i donated $5000 on 3 occasions and a couple thousand other times,

i have the bronze badge, i am a couple thousand for the gold(this was a few years back), they never sent me the silver.

it works with CHP, i got popped going about 100 2 times and walked away with "have a good night sir", with other law enforcement agencies its hit and miss.

was it worth the $, nah the tickets would have cost less, but was it a good thing to do? i hope so, i have no regret. i'd like a gold badge someday, i'm not sure if there is a record of what i donated. i know i dont have the back up on it any longer its been too many years.

i carry it most of the time when i drive, right now my licence has been expired a few months so i make sure i have it. lol

That was why those runs got cancelled. fcuking douches ruined it as usual.

the guys on PCH fucked it up for everyone a few years back, i didnt do the run, i drove the blue GTR directly to Sherwood or where ever it was,

when Vik did running of the bulls, i went the 2nd and 3rd year-there was only 3 of them. we were told that we could drive fast-but dont be stupid, in 99 the 2nd one i hit 140 a couple times, passed cop bikes going 100-but they signaled us to go faster to keep the 70 cars closer together. so we complied.

the last year of it 2000, we drove bat shit crazy the last few miles into the golf course, Mario finished 1st, Rusty West was 2nd in a Diablo GT, I finished 3rd in a 97 Roadster. We were touching mirrors 3 wide behind Rusty-i was in the middle and a couple inches off his ass in 2nd gear going 80mph i wasnt going to let anuone infront of me. it got crazy at the end. after we parked the one CHP guy came to write doen my plate , Rusty Wests plate and a few others, man he was steamed. funny thing is we had no tags on, he could have got the Vin on my car-not the GT(funny it was missing 15 minutes later) LOL. That was a good one.

Eric thanks for sharing, I appreciate your posts and honesty on this boardand have learned alot from you(especially on the big house thread). I know you took some time off from the board but LP is now an open forum and some of the things you mentioned are the things that killed the 1099 program back in the day. No disrespect but I am quite sure all your comments made on the post are on a google search and its a matter of time before CHP is aware of it. Just a heads up, if you would like to edit it especially the whole "expired" license thing.

BTW we used to do a lot of runs with Shahram back in the day, heard from him lately? He spoke highly of you.

I've got a bunch of the license plate frames I'd be willing to part with for the right price if anyone is interested?

I've got a bunch of the license plate frames I'd be willing to part with for the right price if anyone is interested?

I'm interested, but isn't there something with having the plate frame and the cop asks you to produce the badge or something like that and it's no bueno? This could just be something random that I read somewhere - I have no idea if it's true.

I'm interested, but isn't there something with having the plate frame and the cop asks you to produce the badge or something like that and it's no bueno? This could just be something random that I read somewhere - I have no idea if it's true.

Like I said... I NEVER got pulled over with them... Ever. Even for the ticky tack shit that I always got pulled over for before (no front plate etc). So I can't comment on what happens if you do get pulled over.... But I sure as shit never carried that fcuking badge with me....

Some people have pmd me re the plates... So I'll just put the photo here...

image.jpg

A couple of you expressed interest, but theyre all sold now. Sorry.