FikseSTS

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

RS7 Ride quality is like being bummed by a Rhino. Rs6 strangely miles better

Really? That's very surprising to hear because I think their running gear is identical and the RS6 is very comfortable until you turn the knob up to Freight Train on roids.

I had the first nogaro S4 in the country back in late '99. I love that color and I love the rs7. Car is a beast..I for one love the looks, and the performance?! Ridiccc

• 4 weeks later...
RS7 looks much better while it's moving. I would almost say I like it more than an S8 while they are rolling. But parked, it's the other way around. Dunno why

Interesting statement.

Had to re read it twice :) but I agree. Whoever compared rear end of RS7 to sitting hyena versus attacking hyena had a good eye. Angles are everything. I mean angles of view.

Anyway, S8 - as a DD all the way, RS7 ... not so.

It would have to really blow my socks off to take it over a Panamera Turbo. The drive of the panamera is other worldly I think. I love Audi though, they make great cars. Since Porsche owns all of them though, I doubt that they are all that different.

It would have to really blow my socks off to take it over a Panamera Turbo. The drive of the panamera is other worldly I think. I love Audi though, they make great cars. Since Porsche owns all of them though, I doubt that they are all that different.

Unfortunately 4 seaters kills it for me, I need 5, also it's ugly as sin but fantastic to drive, I'd have one in a heartbeat.

Panamera is leaps beyond any Audi/BMW/MB 4-door..

I am on my third one (Turbo this time) and I love it!

• 1 year later...
Really? That's very surprising to hear because I think their running gear is identical and the RS6 is very comfortable until you turn the knob up to Freight Train on roids.

Sorry just saw this hence the late reply. Different dev team and the damping and chassis control are different between the cars. I have been in both back to back and it is night and day different when it hits a bump. RS6 whispers "there is a bump" rs7 "HUGE BUMP OL MY GAWD DID YOU FEEL THAT BUMP?" When in truth you ran over a matchstick.

Sorry just saw this hence the late reply. Different dev team and the damping and chassis control are different between the cars. I have been in both back to back and it is night and day different when it hits a bump. RS6 whispers "there is a bump" rs7 "HUGE BUMP OL MY GAWD DID YOU FEEL THAT BUMP?" When in truth you ran over a matchstick.

What did you have the respective air suspensions set too? I can get both of those responses in my S8 just by going from Comfort to Dynamic.

Tried both in comfort. One friend has a current gen RS6, his brother has the RS7. The RS6 is the car to have. Massively compliant and capable of turning it on and being the bruiser when you want. RS7 is more aggressive and try hard.

The way I can equate it. You know that saying talk softly and carry a big stick? Thats the RS6.

You know that try kid from High school, shouted his mouth off and brash as hell, well thats the RS7.

For the record, I am not saying this to annoy the Americans who cannot get the RS6 for whatever reason.

This is from my experience.

Shit RS Audis

RS5

RS7

Current gen RS4

RSTT.

Good Audis

RS6 current gen

RS4 B7.

Tried both in comfort. One friend has a current gen RS6, his brother has the RS7. The RS6 is the car to have. Massively compliant and capable of turning it on and being the bruiser when you want. RS7 is more aggressive and try hard.

RS6 matches up with my S8. I took the car seats out so 3 buddies and I could make a run up to The Palm for some Shawarma. Got stuck in traffic on the way home and the 2 in the back fell asleep. Got moving again and cleared a construction zone that was more over-landing then paved highway and they kept on sleeping.

The air suspension is a great system and is not something I would be scared of on an older car. If a strut goes bad Arnott makes replacements carrying a life time warrenty. The air compressor is made by WABCO and can be replaced relatively easily if needed but usually doesn't fail. The third major item is a relay on the air compressor which is like a 20 dollar part and is often the real issue when the air compressor is diagnosed as faulty.

The air suspension is a great system and is not something I would be scared of on an older car.

I have seen service bills for warranty and non warranty work on RS6 C5 and to some extent the RS6 C6. I would not be happy with someone sliding that invoice across the service counter in my direction.

I have seen service bills for warranty and non warranty work on RS6 C5 and to some extent the RS6 C6. I would not be happy with someone sliding that invoice across the service counter in my direction.

Oh hell no. You have to do the work on your own. The Air Suspension is very easy to work on. As for the dealerships...they gave me a 10k USD write up of suggested work the first time they saw the car.

You don't get the satisfaction of pointing at the car and then pointing at the person behind the counter and saying "fix it"

Interestingly, just looked at the part numbers for both cars. Both offer a PMA and PMC, both have the same numbers but I promise you, no way does it feel the same.

http://etka.cc/audi/part_single/catalog/au...d/276026/lang/e

http://etka.cc/audi/part_single/catalog/au...11000/part_id/0

You don't get the satisfaction of pointing at the car and then pointing at the person behind the counter and saying "fix it"

Interestingly, just looked at the part numbers for both cars. Both offer a PMA and PMC, both have the same numbers but I promise you, no way does it feel the same.

http://etka.cc/audi/part_single/catalog/au...d/276026/lang/e

http://etka.cc/audi/part_single/catalog/au...11000/part_id/0

Very true. Have to pay to play I guess. I read up on the D3 A8 platform a ton before I made my purchase but I'll have to do some digging on the A6/A7 platforms.

I much prefer the satisfaction of brandishing some shiny bits by Snap-on and keeping 10 large in my pocket. :icon_thumleft:

how_i_feel_when_i_fix_something._7935572