2014 NFL MVP

HannibalACP82

Great thread!

As for MVP its going to be Rogers based on in INT ratio, its just nuts! Besides, the people who vote love him and always talk about him. I would like to see Bell get it personally. My fantasy league laughed at me for drafting Bell early this year but I won the league and it was largely in part to his amazing season, particularly as a receiver!

Watt does deserve it though, that would be very cool.

Great thread!

As for MVP its going to be Rogers based on in INT ratio, its just nuts! Besides, the people who vote love him and always talk about him. I would like to see Bell get it personally. My fantasy league laughed at me for drafting Bell early this year but I won the league and it was largely in part to his amazing season, particularly as a receiver!

Watt does deserve it though, that would be very cool.

No Bell this weekend and they are calling for 100% chance of heavy rain during the game. At least we still have Brown/Bryant/Miller. Even if they put 6 in the box and drop 5 their secondary is the worst in the league.

• 2 weeks later...

You cant award JJ Watt with the MVP.

1) his team didnt even make the playoffs

2) he caught a couple bullshit TD's from a yard away and everyone is fascinated by that for some reason

3) the last defensive player to win an MVP Lawrence Taylor absolutely wreaked havoc on every single play and his team won the super bowl, you cant compare JJ watt's season to the season LT had in 1986

Watt took home 1st Team ALL-PRO at DE and 2nd Team ALL-PRO at DT. DPY and MVP up next!

Justin Smith was All Pro at DE and DT as well in 2011 and didn't even garner DPY consideration. Instead it went to Terrell Suggs who had a decent season playing a more glamorous position but was not on Justin's level that year.

Nothing is a lock with voters. I'm almost positive it's a popularity contest or weird agenda driven.

You cant award JJ Watt with the MVP.

1) his team didnt even make the playoffs

2) he caught a couple bullshit TD's from a yard away and everyone is fascinated by that for some reason

3) the last defensive player to win an MVP Lawrence Taylor absolutely wreaked havoc on every single play and his team won the super bowl, you cant compare JJ watt's season to the season LT had in 1986

LT had a ridiculous season in '86. Great pass rusher of course, but equally good, maybe better at run stopping:

There was a ton of amazing football players from the '80s and '90s that are constantly being overshadowed because they are in the past and there's this belief that just because newer players are bigger/faster/stronger they are somehow better. Everything is relative.

Having said that I do like that there are a good amount of game changing defensive players in the league right now.

• 3 weeks later...