RIP Chimay52

capt_chaos

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RIP Chimay! Thoughts and prayers go out to his loved ones.

To be honest when i saw the title i thought it was a joke and was thinking to myself "why would Capt make such a terrible joke title.."

I now hope this was a joke.. :crybaby2:

We lost a great guy here today....very sad...I never really talked to him (might have exchange quotes afew times thruout the years..) but really sad news and it just ruined my day..

RIP Chimay52...

Damn it!!! Just today I was reading his PM that helped me through a breakup. I am sure we all know he had his opinion on relationships, and I half expected a witty dry come back. His reply was simply wonderful.

My personal feeling now is that people are putting too much work and thought into making relationships work just for the sake of making them work.

There is no law that says you HAVE to meet the girl of your dreams and spend your entire life with them right now. It could happy, and if it does, you will KNOW it. There won't be a question.

Putting it in car terms, I love the look of the Bugatti EB110 and Lexus GS400. Love them. Same with the Veyron.

Many people would consider them ugly cars.

So for a long time, I tried to justify my opinion. The lines are sharp on the GS400, the Veyron has a low wide stance, this and that. People would counter those points with the fact that there are too many vertical lines on the EB110, the Veyron has some inconsistencies in the arches.....yadda yadda.

Then I realized.....I don't need to justify anything to anyone. I like what I like.

There is nothing wrong with you hooking up with this chick now and it could last 3 more months, it could last a lifetime. For it to last a lifetime, I would think that you wouldn't be finding faults right now or worry about what needs to improve for it to last longer. If you enjoy her company, enjoy it today. Don't worry about if you are going to enjoy her company in 15 years.

If you are meant to be with this girl for the rest of your life, it will become apparent to you WITHOUT you having to do anything to make that happen. If not, then enjoy your time with her until you know that time has come to an end, and continue your journey and your life.

The looks part of it is only a part, but it's important. I don't think it's wrong to want a car because you like the appearance. You can point out to me all day long how a Mercedes SLR is way more classic and attractive than a Ford GT. But I like the looks of the Ford GT more.

If you feel you would be more physically attracted to someone else, you can't MAKE yourself be more physically attracted to this girl. Just like I can't (and don't desire to) make myself like the appearance of an SLR over a Ford GT.

:icon_thumleft:

:crybaby2: RIP.

That was him at his best by far!

I cannot believe this. :crybaby2:

Who couldn't like Chimay52.

Who was awesome Chimay52 was awesome.

post-652-1420491928.jpg

What the hell happened? He was relatively young.

I loved seeing his avatar!!! Made me chuckle and I'd use that line at work everytime one of the younger guys did something solid.

RIP buddy.

Damn RIP. Reading back through the swim coach thread when it popped up the other day, I actually thought about him and how it seemed like it had been a while. Gone too soon. RIP

Wow.. truly tragic news. HannibalACP82 just alerted me... RIP!