RIP Chimay52

capt_chaos

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to ask this, does anyone know what caused his passing?

http://www.durhamregion.com/news-story/495...g-car-accident/

WHITBY -- Durham police officers, the K9 unit and the police helicopter searched an area in north Whitby for a man who, after his car hit a concrete barrier just after 1 a.m., walked into a field. October 29, 2014.

Sad to have lost a lively forum member. His posts always brought a smile to my day. RIP

Damn...I managed to miss this thread for a couple of days and wish I still had overlooked it. Very sad to hear...especially at such a young age...R.I.P. Chimay...

• 9 months later...
Thursday marks one year since Chimays passing. Miss you Mike. In my thoughts you glorious goofy bastard.

:(

So sad.

Thursday marks one year since Chimays passing. Miss you Mike. In my thoughts you glorious goofy bastard.

I'd pour one out for him but he'd be mad at wasting a good beer.

I hope his family is doing well.

RIP Chimay.

Mike helped me find a B&B when I went to Mosport. He gave me a few suggestions since accommodations near the track are few and far between. I ended up choosing one of his recommendations, and it worked out great.

He was supposed to come to the track to say hi - but then had a family event pull him away so we never met in person. I always figured I'd have another chance.

Very sad.

Always in my thoughts, RIP Mike :(

Stop being sad... The guy was all about making people laugh. He was good at it, he obviously loved to do it, and thats what we should do to remember him...

Stop being sad... The guy was all about making people laugh. He was good at it, he obviously loved to do it, and thats what we should do to remember him...

:icon_thumleft: Pour a cold one and think about one of his jokes..... Thanks for the laughs Chimay!

I'd pour one out for him but he'd be mad at wasting a good beer.

I hope his family is doing well.

Pour one out and maybe it will reach him. That's the whole idea of pouring one out.

You're right!

I cannot BELIEVE with how often and how long I have been on this forum that I did not see this until now. :( So terrible to read. I saw the thread title and assumed it must have just happened, then I noticed how old the thread is. Really, really sad. Chimay was one of the most likeable guys on the forum. His one-liners and snappy responses to ANY situation made me laugh out loud more times than I can remember.

RIP Mike. :( God bless his family and friends left behind. Like RD said a few posts back, we'll all remember him for the friendly and funny guy that he was!

Damn, I never realized he passed away on my birthday. Roman is right, he brought us clever humor, so on my birthday I drink for Chimay52! And a little bit myself. But mostly for kebab.