A big shout out to LCA, Andrew Romanowski and TDC Insurance

Roman

Keeping my countach's insured value up to date with the valuation climb this year has been tough, but thanks to the Lamborghini Club of America's recommended insurer, TDC, I've been able to do it without too many headaches.

So, thanks Andrew and the LCA for recommending them. And special thanks to Emily Ramge, my go-to contact with them, who puts up with my bullshit snarkiness and deals with underwriting for me. She's an absolute pro!

Mr. RomanDad, thanks for the nice post and boost for the lamboclub!

TDC has been great... and from the LamboClub referral MANY LP'rs have saved a TON of cash and gotten better coverage. (for those guys who have a pretty clean record, this is for you.)

I still have my daily drivers through State Farm, but the high-lines through TDC.

For those guys who say "my guy has me covered with the best insurance" ... make sure you ask plenty of questions about what happens if you ever have to make a claim - and get the facts about your policy. Do they allow repair shop of choice? Do they require used parts to be used? Do they have unlimited coverage for towing? Do they do agreed value?

Allan has told me in the past "ok" to posting this info for everything to take advantage of.. they can insure anyone in the country:

Amy Spengler, TDC Risk Management

Insuring Collector Cars, Homes, Wine, Watercraft, Aircraft and More

1440 Arrowhead Drive

Maumee, OH 43537

419-794-1080 Direct

877-545-2522 Toll Free

[email protected]

www.tdcriskmanagement.com

Amy is AMAZING. I love them.... RD, you are in great hands....LOL

So what happens when you wake up and find out that the car you bought and insured for 100k is suddenly appreciating and is worth 2 or 3 times as much? Can you under insure it on purpose or are you stuck at whatever the rates are now set at based on its actual value? I imagine seeing your premiums go up by 200%+ would suck.

So what happens when you wake up and find out that the car you bought and insured for 100k is suddenly appreciating and is worth 2 or 3 times as much? Can you under insure it on purpose or are you stuck at whatever the rates are now set at based on its actual value? I imagine seeing your premiums go up by 200%+ would suck.

It's "sated value" insurance... The problem being, go to kelly blue book and see what they say a countach is worth... 30,000? If they even list it... My old insurance company had the car valued at like 40k....

So, we state the value of our car, and as long as it's not made up out of the blue (they wouldn't insure my car for a million because it's not supported by reality) they sell you a policy on that value...

In reality... My car is STILL probably underinsured by maybe as much as 100,000. But I think of it as a deductible, And I'll probably up it again in a year or so...

It's "sated value" insurance... The problem being, go to kelly blue book and see what they say a countach is worth... 30,000? If they even list it... My old insurance company had the car valued at like 40k....

So, we state the value of our car, and as long as it's not made up out of the blue (they wouldn't insure my car for a million because it's not supported by reality) they sell you a policy on that value...

In reality... My car is STILL probably underinsured by maybe as much as 100,000. But I think of it as a deductible, And I'll probably up it again in a year or so...

Ok gotchya. I was thinking of a guy like Derek who buys a Jalpa and is fixing it up. Maybe spends 25-30k...another 15k fixing it up and has it insured for 50k. Then the value suddenly skyrockets and his car is worth 150k and looking at an insurance bill with a 300% jump wondering what to do next.

Thanks for the info!

What he has to do next is come back from the bank with a huge grin on his face and a $100k cheque in his hand looking for another Jalpa :icon_mrgreen:

What he has to do next is come back from the bank with a huge grin on his face and a $100k cheque in his hand looking for another Jalpa :icon_mrgreen:

Good point.