NEW Honda NSX

rmtn

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully it looks better in person. Front grille and rear horizontal crease are two of the things I hate about all the recent Acura designs. Overall shape looks very R8ish.

Just looks like a bad body kit to me. I don't see the design elements in here. Nothing flows at all and the Acura badges should be left off. When the badges are the accentuated element in the design, something is wrong.

9 speed dual clutch. instant torque of the electric motors. this is going to be much more impressive to drive than the new Ford GT. unfortunately it looks quite messy. the new FordGT just blows everything away in looks.

9 speed dual clutch. instant torque of the electric motors. this is going to be much more impressive to drive than the new Ford GT. unfortunately it looks quite messy. the new FordGT just blows everything away in looks.

Huh? The new FGT is going to have the best power to weight ration of any production car. It is going to be great.

I personally like it, but yeah it's going to be a bit to get it off the ground, will really depend on it's performance, and if it does really perform as well as they say, then it really comes down to if it ends up in the same situation as the McLaren.

That being said, even though I have a soft spot for Acura and Honda...the Ford GT really stole the show.

We can talk about torque all day. But how does the NSX have a twin turbo V6 and 3 electric motors and only 550hp when the FGT has just a twin turbo V6 and is good for 600hp plus? :eusa_think:

unfortunately i think the original NSX will always remain more timeless than this new car. i don't think it's THAT bad... it looks like a more "chiseled" out R8.

The first gen NSX was a Japanese 308. The second generation is a Japanese R8.

I think once people start driving these things and magazines start reviewing them the perception of the car will change. I remember being very unimpressed by the original NSX's specs. Then the magazines starting testing them and I couldn't believe the hype. Then I drove one and immediately had to have it.

It's going to take time for people to warm up to them.