NEW Honda NSX

rmtn

Just doesn't really have any wow factor to me. Not like the original did that's for sure.

Agreed. The release of this car is a couple years too late.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It still looks like a fancy Accord coupe to me.

Thats it! I couldn't figure out exactly why I didn't like it that much. But you are totally right. It looks exactly like a top of the line accord.

And another delay again..this time 6 months with as many delays that have been with this program..im not holding my breath...

It looks like a 50k car, not a 150k car.

I will be keen to see one in person, and drive it, before really solidifying an opinion, but I am not particularly excited for it so far. From what's out in the media, it just doesn't feel like a successor to the original to me, it feels like they're just trying to trade off the nameplate to sell GenericSportsCar002. Agree with the above that it looks too Accord-like, it just doesn't have the same visual presence as the NSX did when it landed in 1990. It also sounds like it's going to be significantly more expensive than the likes of the GTR or 911 (or even Tesla S), which I'd felt seemed like two of it's natural rivals.

But, it may turn out to be a really great drivers car, in which case we may all be pleasantly surprised.

A guy at work is convinced this will be on the same level as the P1, 918, Huyra, ThethetheFerrari. Where did anyone write that? Even the Honda Fan Boy places dont say that.

A guy at work is convinced this will be on the same level as the P1, 918, Huyra, ThethetheFerrari. Where did anyone write that? Even the Honda Fan Boy places dont say that.

I won't actually be that surprised if it is in the same ballpark for 0-60 times as those, the GTR is already in the same category on that measurement (~3sec 0-60). But there is a lot more to it than just that performance stat.

I will be keen to see one in person, and drive it, before really solidifying an opinion, but I am not particularly excited for it so far. From what's out in the media, it just doesn't feel like a successor to the original to me, it feels like they're just trying to trade off the nameplate to sell GenericSportsCar002. Agree with the above that it looks too Accord-like, it just doesn't have the same visual presence as the NSX did when it landed in 1990. It also sounds like it's going to be significantly more expensive than the likes of the GTR or 911 (or even Tesla S), which I'd felt seemed like two of it's natural rivals.

But, it may turn out to be a really great drivers car, in which case we may all be pleasantly surprised.

The original looked like mix of it's generation supercars and accord. This looks the same this has cues from McLaren, R8 and Accord. I think original was quite bland but it's proportions were right and are still. This might have that same quality.

The original looked like mix of it's generation supercars and accord. This looks the same this has cues from McLaren, R8 and Accord. I think original was quite bland but it's proportions were right and are still. This might have that same quality.

I guess it's dependent on what you see it as, with the original, imo, being styled like the F40 combined with a modern jetfighter (modern of the time, of course), one of the huge iconic supercars of the late 80s / early 90s. I wouldn't call the Audi R8 iconic, personally. Now maybe that was not intentional, and just a sideffect of involving pininfarina in the project, I don't know.

And as I said, I will likely revise my opinion once seeing it in the flesh, so to speak. Perhaps the pictures don't do it justice. It just looks too generic to me, that's all. Bearing in mind, as I said, it's priced nearly 50% higher than what I thought were it's competitors, and also than it's predecessor. So is it aiming at a different market sector than it's original?

• 5 months later...

They had a white with red interior NSX out on display during the Sundance Festival in Park City. Snapped this today. Big CCBs and calipers. Was very impressed in person!!

post-3902-1454115685_thumb.jpg

I was at BJ yesterday and saw the NSX. It did nothing for me, it has zero wow factor. It was pretty cool to see it break $1 mil

I was at BJ yesterday and saw the NSX. It did nothing for me, it has zero wow factor. It was pretty cool to see it break $1 mil

Ok what did you buy, spill the beans, we all friends here :icon_mrgreen:

Ok what did you buy, spill the beans, we all friends here :icon_mrgreen:

Haha I bought a Audi R8 V10 last week so I didn't buy anything at BJ this weekend! I was with two friends that each bought old school Corvettes. Lot #1425 for $160,000 and #1445 for $260,000 it was pretty cool to see them on stage bidding, alcohol is a BIG part of this event lol

Haha I bought a Audi R8 V10 last week so I didn't buy anything at BJ this weekend! I was with two friends that each bought old school Corvettes. Lot #1425 for $160,000 and #1445 for $260,000 it was pretty cool to see them on stage bidding, alcohol is a BIG part of this event lol

That explains the prices LOL, congrats on the R8.

Thanks Fortis, I pick her up on Tuesday! Snow tires are installed and it looks like tons of snow in the forecast :)