'98 SV Monterey #3

Lfsglass

I sold my '04 Gallardo about a year ago and I've missed being a lambo owner ever since.

I recently purchased (late December) a '98 Diablo SV and I can't wait to get her home.

She is currently at Norwood Auto Italia in Carrollton, TX getting the engine out services performed as well as a new clutch.

Excuse the filthy car. It is covered in dust and needs a good detailing.

I will post additional pics as the work progresses.

f4e3c1141b0b36c92848d9eb6e92ba9b.jpg

f730f4b1ccf58d924d2227f1544b6784.jpg

2bb1eab46d77704c6458ab80a4640ab4.jpg

5d930c237e8f2bca6eb38951277bea4f.jpg

fdc4215135157a3fedadf8b8cd6e9234.jpg

2606b2876471cc2dd61c003c12426e83.jpg

0a7cf436bb8eb0687833ba82e5220550.jpg

4558e32a152823e35449a080924499a2.jpg

9043f94bb77df10bdada6fdcf67a0250.jpg

eb4aed1a5dd84c56884e4a9e491315ca.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations it is an amazing car hope to have another in our garage someday with the prices going up not looking good enjoy it in good health

So that's where it went :-) Had been keeping an eye on the car on eBay.

Are you doing the engine out service as a precaution, or does it need it ?

Enjoy her !

So that's where it went :-) Are you doing the engine out service as a precaution, or does it need it ?

Officially there is no engine out service on a Diablo. The major service can be done with the engine in place. Clutch replacement requires that the engine come out. Once out, there are things you would want to do as a precaution.

Congratulations it is an amazing car hope to have another in our garage someday with the prices going up not looking good enjoy it in good health

Counting down the days till she's ready to come home. :eusa_dance:

Congrats!

Very cool. I really like the color!

Are you going with a stock replacement or Kevlar? Definitely recommend Kevlar!!

I was planning to go OEM to maintain stock driveability.

How different does your Kevlar clutch feel compared to the stock clutch?

Soo nice! Congrats! Gallardo is a nice car, but youll see the V12 bull is a different animal :)

I agree! Plus I got so tired of people asking:

"I thought lambo doors are supposed to go up" :eusa_wall:

So that's where it went :-) Had been keeping an eye on the car on eBay.

Are you doing the engine out service as a precaution, or does it need it ?

Enjoy her !

The original clutch had seen it's better days so I figured while the engine is out, I will have everything gone through, valves adjusted, gaskets replaced, filters, fluids, detailing, etc.

The car had the Kevlar when I got it so I can't compare but I'm pretty sure everyone who has one loves it. You can search Kevlar on here and it will pop up with plenty of results.

Granted, a lot of the feel of Diablo clutches has to do with the other components in the chain rather than just the disc by itself (early Diablo/heavy clutch push vs. newer Diablo/easy clutch push). The whole Diablo platform closely reacted to customer complaints and preferences throughout the years. Are the picture links busted for everyone else?

Granted, a lot of the feel of Diablo clutches has to do with the other components in the chain rather than just the disc by itself (early Diablo/heavy clutch push vs. newer Diablo/easy clutch push). The whole Diablo platform closely reacted to customer complaints and preferences throughout the years. Are the picture links busted for everyone else?

Pics show up ok for me man!

Pics working fine for me. Is this engine bay extremely dirty or is it just me? There seems to be a lot of bloom or whatever you call it on the engine/transmission aluminum. Was this car in a cold environment for awhile or is this normal also. I guess, Chipster, you would know since you just pulled your engine.

Pics working fine for me. Is this engine bay extremely dirty or is it just me? There seems to be a lot of bloom or whatever you call it on the engine/transmission aluminum. Was this car in a cold environment for awhile or is this normal also. I guess, Chipster, you would know since you just pulled your engine.

The car went from California to Texas. No cold climates. You may be used to seeing garage queens, this one has been enjoyed.

By the time the engine gets put back in, it will all look new again. :icon_thumleft:

As soon as I get it, hopefully I can start dirtying it up again because I plan on driving it and not just leaving it parked! :icon_mrgreen:

• 4 weeks later...

Congrats on your new Diablo, and keep us updated with the repairs! And +1 on the kevlar clutch.

I would have them detail the engine compartment while the engine is out.. good opportunity to make it look nice!

• 3 weeks later...