Bad experience with DrMurcielago & Famous Autosports

outrnm

I would bet he cut every corner he could think of and did the bare minimum to make car presentable for sale to some poor dude who is going to get fucked. Given the state it was in and the asking sale price of $127500, there is now way anyone could fix that properly and not lose a ton of money selling the car at the advertised price.

That's exactly what I was thinking, how could you buy the wreck and fix it properly for the sort of money he's asking for the car? Impossible.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow, that orange one was bad before.

Anyone notice the black Aventador in the background?

Not until you pointed it out!

Anyone buying a car with a title that says "parts only" and thinking it looked like anything other than the "before" picture above is getting what they deserve. And if the seller is telling you how little it was damaged and how easy it was to fix all the more reason to forget about it.

Screen%20Shot%202015-01-23%20at%2011.22.

"EXPORT ONLY VEHICLE, CAR RUNS AND DRIVES!"

Lol, @ the exclamation point at the end.

- EXPORT ONLY, so finding and killing the guy would be more difficult.

- CAR RUNS AND DRIVES!, gentle push must be applied. Car should be on the top of the hill.

looks like he is selling another shit pile! ZHWBU37S18LA02995

Pic below is before.

eBay link is after.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lamborghini-Murcie...=US_Cars_Trucks AFTER

WOW... This fcuking guy is a piece of shit!

Somebody should ask a question with the link to that photo in it....

Tough crowd lol. Assuming it all went down the way the OP described it, he showed very poor judgment and emotions got in the way of common sense. He got sucked in by a crook and I am sure he is not feeling warm and fuzzy at the present time. How about we show a little bit of empathy and not bash him any more that we have so far . There is no worse feeling than being told repeatedly you fucked up when you did fcuk up.

:iamwithstupid:

I would definitely get rid of the car ASAP as some of you guys suggested.

How's he going to do that though? Unless he becomes the motherfucker and LIES and passes it on to some unsuspecting rube as being problem free... Which he knows it isn't... And which he's posted, in writing his knowledge of on the largest Lamborghini forums on the internet... He risks making a bad situation much worse... Not only for the next guy, but for himself too.

Terrible situation, sorry to the OP. Def had many opportunities to not go thru but got sucked in. What is the repair cost on this?

Terrible situation, sorry to the OP. Def had many opportunities to not go thru but got sucked in. What is the repair cost on this?

It sounds like he doesn't know because the seller is doing all the talking to the mechanic. At least that's what Rob said they said. Which doesn't really jibe with the OPs story so who the fcuk knows?

Exactly how cheap was this G acquired? That's the question, is there enough money left in the situation to get it road worthy and still be in salvage Gallardo price range? I have a feeling no.

:iamwithstupid:

How's he going to do that though? Unless he becomes the motherfucker and LIES and passes it on to some unsuspecting rube as being problem free... Which he knows it isn't... And which he's posted, in writing his knowledge of on the largest Lamborghini forums on the internet... He risks making a bad situation much worse... Not only for the next guy, but for himself too.

Disclose the problems and sell for cheap. There are a lot of people in the world that will buy a "mechanic's special" vehicle at a low price-point and go through everything themselves.

Disclose the problems and sell for cheap. There are a lot of people in the world that will buy a "mechanic's special" vehicle at a low price-point and go through everything themselves.

You think this applies to Lambos as well? I mean I can see a handy guy buying a camry, maybe even a POS to repair if the price is right, but a Murci? Unless you're really well versed in the cost of parts that could blow up in your face in a damn hurry.

I was referring to OP's Gallardo. But, yes, there are people out there who would rather have a low buy-in price and repair things how they see fit than pay for a well sorted car.

I was referring to OP's Gallardo. But, yes, there are people out there who would rather have a low buy-in price and repair things how they see fit than pay for a well sorted car.

I'm with you, but it just seems super risky to me when you're dealing with something in the Lambo range. You could pretty much buy a C6 POS piece by piece on ebay for nothing. Not so much the case with a gallardo lol.

FWIW, I would buy a salvage Murci long before a salvage Gallardo. The Gallardo is Aluminum, which cannot be fixed cheaply and it is also a unibody chassis, not body on frame like the Murci. The Murci is also a steel box frame chassis, which could be repaired and re welded with new panels fitted, making it drive right. I doubt a skull fucked Gallardo will ever truly be fixed properly.

Dump the car on copart, he'll probably get as much if not more than what he paid.

Guys, something just occurred to me:

The orange Murci ebay listing says parts only/rebuildable/for export - but of course "dummy" states if you're a dealer you can drive the car with a dealer plate.

Now, I'm not 100%, but I AM pretty damn sure, that Yes, while you could certainly drive the car with a dealer plate - you better hope you don't get into any accident, ESPECIALLY one that would be deemed your fault involving other vehicles or worse yet, personal injury!!

Because NO dealer blanket insurance policy is going to cover a car WITHOUT A TITLE, whatsoever! You would basically drive with NO insurance.

This car doesn't even have a Previously Salvage title (that would be OK) - it is PARTS ONLY (hence the word, SCRAP)!

Dr. Murci is a piece of shit!!

Upon arrival it became clear right away that the car was definitely not as described. I was not expecting a perfect car by any means but the issues that came up were never mentioned over the phone. The seller basically had me fly all the way out there knowing full well that the condition was grossly misrepresented. Normally I would say no, and jump right back on the plane

Shady seller yes.....but you got what you expected and paid for. Next time trust your instincts

Sad. Sorry to hear about your troubles! I hope everything gets worked out in the end. Whether you fix this one or get rid of it and get another........Don't give up on Lambo ownership! When you get the right one, the experience will definitely be enjoyable and worth it!

• 3 weeks later...
Exactly how cheap was this G acquired? That's the question, is there enough money left in the situation to get it road worthy and still be in salvage Gallardo price range? I have a feeling no.

Hah yeah not cheap enough. I am at the price of a "regular" Gallardo at this point. The car is back at Famous now, we will see what happens but we are trying to work it out. No way can i just "dump" the car, if i list it the way it is i am taking about a 30-40K hit. No way am i going to lie and try to cover up all the issues. For the record my car has a rebuilt title not a "parts only".

Guys i already stated this, i KNOW i FUCKED UP. No shit! This is simply a warning to other to not deal with this shady seller. Its a community thing, anyone want to rub it in some more? It really wasnt even about the $$, it was just a car i liked and didn't know any better. Never owned a rebuilt car before, the thing is all the body panels etc are fine and thats what i looked for. Its the mechanical stuff thats all haggared, that could be on any Lambo. Who knows what Victor really did, i am sure all the parts he used were garbage as we are replacing all of it.

Famous has stepped up right now, so i believe they will take care of me as best as they can. If Victor (seller) doesnt pitch in and at least try to help out also, we decided to sue the hell out of him and just see how far we get. If nothing else cause him a nightmare for the next 6-12 months like he has done.

Shady seller yes.....but you got what you expected and paid for. Next time trust your instincts

No need to trust his instinct now that he is going to sue!

:eusa_think:

• 1 month later...

I'm not going to read all 4 pages of this shit, but let me assure you

DR MURCIELAGO AKA Victor (Vartevar) is THE BIGGEST FUCKIN PIECE OF SHIT SCUM BAG I have ever had the unfortunate pleasure to do business with. He will blow smoke up your ass and promise you the world and when his part fails, that he 'gauranted' he stops responding.

Thats the mild version of what was in my head, the other had a lot more foul language. Please fellow owners, dont ever buy anything from that asshole.

We have all been warned.

Jon

I'm sorry that this happened to OP. I bought a part from victor last year and just got around to installing it a couple of months ago. I had read this thread with hopes that the part I bought was good. Well, i trailered my car to vegas and had lambo of Vegas do the bleed on the used actuator I bought from victor. Well it was bad. Great, wasted trip and a boat anchor. I called victor and he said he would send another one. I didn't believe him and thought the worst. Well two days later it showed up. This one turned out to be good.

It did cost me an extra $1k in labor and an extra trip down there, another $1k , but he did get me one that worked.

Good luck to op!

It did cost me an extra $1k in labor and an extra trip down there, another $1k , but he did get me one that worked.

One of the funnier posts lately.