Best trucks?

BLK85

Just wondering on everyone's opinion on the best trucks. Thinking half tons. What do you prefer?

Ram is really stepping their game up in the interior department. And I think they have the best true truck as far as drive-train.

Opinions?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Overall nothing comes close to the F-150. Bulletproof trucks. Ram has made some great strides, but they still have reliability issues. That said I am looking at a Ram Rebel, as well as a 3500 Cummins to park next to some of my Fords. You couldn't give me a GM truck.

I have an F350 and love it. I checked them all out and Ram has stepped up, but just really liked the Ford options and power train.

I own a Dodge Ram SRT-10 Quad cab and love it. The interior does not look contemporary, however the truck is powerful and accelerating. Nonetheless the 2015 Ford F-150 makes me admire for Ford's trucks.

What's you main purpose for it?

Utility? Work? Option for both? Or just want a truck for a daily driver?

Fords have the long-term reign, but to be honest, Chevrolet's new trucks are getting better.

If i had the choice, I'd do a 2500HD quad cab diesel. But that is too much truck for just a DD or for tooling around.

Not a big RAM fan myself. They just never did anything for me.

I have a Tundra and absolutely love it. IMO its the best looking exterior of a truck right now. I also love the look of the F150's, the Raptor especially is an amazing looking truck too. The Chevy's are getting a little better looking, and I've never been a fan of the exterior of the Ram's, they just don't look good to me.

I use it for a little bit of towing and hauling here and there, and don't daily drive it, so I didn't need anything bigger. Have had it for like 4 years, and have been very happy.

My father in law even went out and bought a new one after driving mine when he was in the market for a truck.

Ford is on their A-game at the moment. Chevy seems plagued with issues and Dodge has historically provided shit products (nothing but issues on older models - do you trust them yet?)

Ford is on their A-game at the moment. Chevy seems plagued with issues and Dodge has historically provided shit products (nothing but issues on older models - do you trust them yet?)

Ford has been on their A game with the F150 for some time. There were some issues a few years ago with the 250's and the exhaust shooting flames, but that's all I can remember.

Chevrolet is going to be gun-shy about ANYTHING and bring it their products for service preventative at the drop of the hat. While that may be seen as inconvenient, I also like the fact that it would be looked at by factory techs and made proper as quick and painless as possible.

And i still don't trust Dodge :lol2:

What's you main purpose for it?

Utility? Work? Option for both? Or just want a truck for a daily driver?

The only real need for a truck I have is to carry Kayaks. I know I dont need a truck, but I kind of just want one. Im not gonna get a 3/4 ton or bigger, I really have no need for one of those.

I have never been a fan of Fords. They are getting nicer. But how do they hold up over 100k miles? Anyone have a lot of miles on theirs? I plan to hold onto whatever I get for awhile. When I find something I like I keep them. My current car has almost 170,000 miles.

Ive been leaning towards the Ram, because I see how my buddy's holds up after all the shit he does with his. Ive never owned one though.

Ive always been a Chevrolet guy.

Never thought of Tundra.

I spent a lot of time test driving every truck out there. I always thought the ram 1500's were junk and didn't even consider driving one. But after test driving everything made in a 1/2 ton I wasn't overwhelmed by anything. So I drove the Dodge last and within a 1/2 mile knew it was my favorite truck! The ride quality/comfort was most important to me and the Ram rides hands down better imo. I own 12 ford work trucks, but for now, I'll be driving a dodge personally. I think it's won truck of the year two years straight for a reason...

Ive always been a Chevrolet guy.

Chevy guy huh? Im telling ya check out the High Country!

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/chevrolet/201...n-ar163443.html

I spend A LOT of time in and around trucks of all kinds and in my opinion it has the best fit and finish. Newer F150's are nice but I'd stay away from 250's+. Tundras are cool trucks but the fit and finish isnt anywhere near ford or chevy. Dodge.. eh..

Chevy guy huh? Im telling ya check out the High Country!

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/chevrolet/201...n-ar163443.html

I spend A LOT of time in and around trucks of all kinds and in my opinion it has the best fit and finish. Newer F150's are nice but I'd stay away from 250's+. Tundras are cool trucks but the fit and finish isnt anywhere near ford or chevy. Dodge.. eh..

Looks nice, but for the life of me I can't wrap my head around $50-60k for a 1/2 ton pickup truck. You're in the 3/4 ton diesel price range there. Hell a loaded 4x4 duramax denali is mid 60's.

Looks nice, but for the life of me I can't wrap my head around $50-60k for a 1/2 ton pickup truck. You're in the 3/4 ton diesel price range there. Hell a loaded 4x4 duramax denali is mid 60's.

Usually you can get dealers to take a lot off on those trucks. Most people that get the Laramie Longhorn, Platinum, High Country, etc. pay in the mid to high 40s. That being said I cant afford any of those. And Im looking at a few years old.

Usually you can get dealers to take a lot off on those trucks. Most people that get the Laramie Longhorn, Platinum, High Country, etc. pay in the mid to high 40s. That being said I cant afford any of those. And Im looking at a few years old.

Get a 2010 F-150 Lariat or Platinum with a 5.4, or get a 6.2. Bulletproof engines, bulletproof trucks. I have 135K on my 2010 F-150 and have only done oil changes. Runs and looks like a champ. Usually wash it 3-4 times a week though+ wax three times a year.

Get a 2010 F-150 Lariat or Platinum with a 5.4, or get a 6.2. Bulletproof engines, bulletproof trucks. I have 135K on my 2010 F-150 and have only done oil changes. Runs and looks like a champ. Usually wash it 3-4 times a week though+ wax three times a year.

You wash your truck 3-4 times a week? If mine gets it 3x a month we're on a hot streak. :lol2:

You wash your truck 3-4 times a week? If mine gets it 3x a month we're on a hot streak. :lol2:

Well I take it to the car wash. Unlimited pass. Need it in the winter, salt corrodes. 2 minutes out of my day.

Well I take it to the car wash. Unlimited pass. Need it in the winter, salt corrodes.

That makes sense. I need to take my car in more. I can barely see out of one of the windows due to all of that crap that builds up.

That makes sense. I need to take my car in more. I can barely see out of one of the windows due to all of that crap that builds up.

Yeah, this kills:

post-4092-1421962569_thumb.jpg

:iamwithstupid:

I love my 2010 FX4. I have only had 2 issues in 90K miles. 1st was with only a few thousand miles one of the key pad buttons on the driver door was bad, replaced in 30 minutes under warranty. The other was a little more of a problem since it was the blender motor on the driver side that allows you to run hot on one side of the truck and cold on the other. If it had been on the passenger side it would have been an easy fix. Regardless, the ext. warranty took care of it and basically paid for itself. Other than those 2 items, it has been basic maintenance only. I wouldn't hesitate to get another F150, but I am anxiously awaiting the next Super Duty. I don't need a 3/4 ton, but that doesn't mean I don't want one.