Over a decade of riding... joined the "those who have crashed" club

Kerplop

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you get any skid marks on your helmet?

Couple small scrapes, nothing big or crazy.

Replacement parts already showing up :) I'm happy today. Smashed levers for comparison.

5nED9Exl.jpg

EbWKvUIl.jpg

URWbwRJl.jpg

iZsYXYI.jpg

Fairings all off... sitting in the living room having a beer... wrapping my fairings... I think I'll call her Batcati. Bruce wayne and Jirre should be jealous. It's not the Ducati that gotham wants... it's the Ducati that Gotham needs.

K1XBKwq.jpg

CQp1idT.jpg

Sexy time. Simple, sleek, has some sheen, isn't totally matte black. It's Satin black. I love it.

OB3rZh4.jpg

Looking good. :icon_super: Anymore Italian flag livery?

Nope. Keeping it super simple.

Reborn in Satin Black. Back on the saddle! Now I can get back to important things.... like fixing a Lamborghini Jalpa!

7Wofoig.jpg

PV2sjNb.jpg

6RPqgin.jpg

PZO7PDl.jpg

• 3 months later...

Well I joined this club today! Was on the on ramp getting on the interstate with a lot of traffic and looked left before merging but apparently at the same time, traffic on the on ramp came to a complete stop and by the time I turned around it was too late. Had only glanced left quickly but just the perfect storm of timing. Had to lay it down and went under the left bumper of a RAV4 in front of me. Scraped up my hands a little but my big diesel watch took most of it. The fairing on the other side that went under the bumper got the worst of it. I think the other fairings are just scraped. Luckily wasn't going that fast. Guy in the RAV4 was actually pretty cool, he told me not to worry about it. Had to pretty much beg him to take my business card. Definitely a humbling experience and a bruised ego. It all happened so fast and adrenaline and all that, picked up the bike like it was nothing. Had just gotten it all painted and back together a few weeks ago. Was able to ride back home at least and get my car. Bummer!

I mostly ride off road, and I admit I have had a few injuries over the years, but the reward of the ride is fantastic. Its not for everyone. Heres a little pic from last year. If youre squeamish dont look

hand1.jpg

hand2.jpg

Plastic can be fixed, if you walk away from a street bike crash it's a good day. :icon_thumleft:

:iamwithstupid:

Glad you are ok Chipster. Stay safe please. :turboalex:

suzukidave, nice to know that you took it in stride. But with your screen name, I can imagine you would anyway. :icon_thumleft:

I joined that club more than a decade and a half ago; no injuries, just bruised ego and some fairing damages. Have been lucky in the last 10+ years.

Damn Dave!!

Thanks VCR. I feel better about it today. I guess I wanted to be a perfectionist! New fairings were ordered this morning. Will be pretty wild looking. Hopefully 2 weeks!

Glad you are Okay my friend. Ride safe and keep the rubber side down!

Glad you are Okay my friend. Ride safe and keep the rubber side down!

Thanks. I'll be more careful in that scenario next time. The guy never called

Plastic can be fixed, if you walk away from a street bike crash it's a good day. :icon_thumleft:

This is true. Sorry to hear of your recent account Chipster!

Hope you get the bike fixed up quickly and get right back out there!