Infiniti Q50 Eau Rouge...cancelled!? :(

OC

I read that a few weeks ago...never got around to post it. But it's really too bad if they do cancel it. I had high hopes a M3-M5 competitor would show up from Infiniti with the GTR engine. 560hp AWD sedans are very cool. :)

http://www.worldcarfans.com/115012787918/p...nd-infiniti-eau

Test drive:

http://ca.autoblog.com/2014/07/28/2016-inf...e-review-video/

Was always a concept, and while an awesome one at that, the price and competition would probably make it a very low seller.

I personally love the car and wish it would have made it, but suppose that's how the cookie crumbles sadly.

I thought it was a cool concept, and it seemed to have been really aimed at the M5. I was hoping to see a little competition towards the M5, but it's kinda sad that we're not going to. I know lots of people that were interested in this.

I thought it was a cool concept, and it seemed to have been really aimed at the M5. I was hoping to see a little competition towards the M5, but it's kinda sad that we're not going to. I know lots of people that were interested in this.

How is living with the M5 on a daily basis? Would you recommend it?

There will definitely be plenty of interest but interest is one thing; shelling out real coin to get one is another. The pricing will not be competitive enough to cause any real threat to the M5. At that price level, there are plenty of choices around. And resale of a luxurious Nissan is...well...you know.

The Japanese economy isn't ready to support the production of a car of this genre.

How is living with the M5 on a daily basis? Would you recommend it?

It's a great car! It may be 6 years old, but it's a blast to drive. I have the E60 SMG V10. The SMG takes a while to get used to. I don't mind it. If you drive a manual, it's easy to get used to. When you're shifting in M mode, in the most crazy setting, it throws you back in the seat with I believe 65 millisecond shifts. The gas mileage is horrible, so it's kinda like driving a truck when it comes to filling up. Every on ramp is a blessing. The sound though, is incredible! Every day I have to hammer the gas at least once to hear that sound. The sound played a big factor in buying thwart and I had wanted it for a while. The thing that I love about any M5 is the practicality. You have a car that seats 5 and you can carry lots of stuff in it, and it doesn't even look the part. No matter how many times I've thought of it, I can't comprehend the fact that my 4 door sedan can go more than 204 MPH. I would recommend any M5 to anyone.

I wasn't going that fast in this video, but here's an idea of what to expect:

Now, who wouldn't want a sedan that had a GTR motor and.GTR like speed, handling like a GTR and much more?

It's a great car! It may be 6 years old, but it's a blast to drive. I have the E60 SMG V10. The SMG takes a while to get used to. I don't mind it. If you drive a manual, it's easy to get used to. When you're shifting in M mode, in the most crazy setting, it throws you back in the seat with I believe 65 millisecond shifts. The gas mileage is horrible, so it's kinda like driving a truck when it comes to filling up. Every on ramp is a blessing. The sound though, is incredible! Every day I have to hammer the gas at least once to hear that sound. The sound played a big factor in buying thwart and I had wanted it for a while. The thing that I love about any M5 is the practicality. You have a car that seats 5 and you can carry lots of stuff in it, and it doesn't even look the part. No matter how many times I've thought of it, I can't comprehend the fact that my 4 door sedan can go more than 204 MPH. I would recommend any M5 to anyone.

I wasn't going that fast in this video, but here's an idea of what to expect:

Now, who wouldn't want a sedan that had a GTR motor and.GTR like speed, handling like a GTR and much more?

Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it. I think I'll settle for something a bit more practical for our winters here (almost need AWD) but that car, with that V10...it always, always caught my attention and my desire to own one...