E-gear Sport/Auto/Corsa Question

zoturbo

Hey gang,

So I'm trying to get acquainted with my first G ('07 E-gear Spyder) and I'm hearing mixed things about the different driving modes from my local dealer (service said one thing and sales said another). I know Sport is easiest on the clutch while Corsa is the most aggressive and shifts quicker but I'm not sure about the following...

1) When you start the vehicle what mode does it automatically start in?

2) Is the button on the right with the skid marks CORSA mode, or does my car not have that option? I thought Corsa actually said Corsa on the button.

3) Can you have more than one mode activated? They said I can push Auto then push Sport and Auto-Sport would be activated, making it a quicker-shifting/downshifting automatic. I didn't think you could do this? One did say that Corsa cannot be combined though. Only Auto and Sport. I played with the buttons and didn't see a difference so maybe i was unsuccessful in activating it. Perhaps I need to hold them at the same time?

4) In Sport if you floor it while driving will the car shift for you at redline or will you just keep bouncing at redline due to a rev limiter. I don't abuse my cars so I clearly haven't tried this :) Same with Corsa (or whatever that button is). Will the car automatically shift at any point?

Thanks guys! I attached a picture I found online so you could see what buttons I'm referring to. Sorry for the rookie questions by the way!

used_2008_lamborghini_gallardo_convertible_11942_12269972_27_640.jpg

Car starts in normal mode. Corsa mode is only on LP560+. Sports mode is faster shifts. The button on the right is for slippery weather and is not recommended. Automatic mode also sucks. It's best just to drive in sport all the time. Don't think car automatically upshifts in any mode except automatic.

Thanks Fellas!

What year did they start making LPs? I didn't think they were introduced until 2010 but I believe I saw a 2007 LP 570 for sale before? Unless of course he had it listed incorrectly.

Thanks guys! One point of clarification... can I engage auto and sport together like the dealer said or were they incorrect on that?

Sorry to have to bug you guys with this. The dealer reps were surprisingly uninformative. They told me the skid mark button was Corsa for cryin out loud... So I don't know what to believe anymore lol :)

The button on the right is for slippery weather and is not recommended.

so that buttons turn traction control on? Just out of curiosity, why is it not recommended?

so that buttons turn traction control on? Just out of curiosity, why is it not recommended?

Traction control is on the rocker switches by the radio. I'd imagine that button is a snow setting which is a even more sensitive version of traction control. I don't have an E-Gear G so I can't confirm.

Also, strictly from a mechanical point of view, normal mode would be the hardest on the clutch because the ECU/TCU slips the clutch the most to keep it "smooth", clutches prefer on/off behavior from a lifespan point of view. Just remember on the clutch that slipping means smoother driving, and slipping = heat = wear. Also, if driving in manual, lift the throttle a bit on the shifts to avoid the lurching feeling between gears.

In sport you wont notice the quicker shifters unless your above a certain rpm and are at a certain % throttle. I dont know exactly what those thresholds are but you will definetly know when it happens.

Egear in anymode will downshift for you when your slowing down to a light. If you are not in SPORT mode it will automatically shift to the next gear at redline, if you are in SPORT mode it will hit the rev limiter

Like others have said, that 3rd button is for slippery road conditions. It actually works quite well. Put it in that mode in down-pouring rain, floor it around turns, and it just putts along.

• 5 years later...