F1 2015

capt_chaos

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Things NOT looking good for Alonso.

http://metro.co.uk/2015/03/06/fernando-alo...7/?ito=facebook

Woke up thinking it was 1995 and still racing karts. Then thought he was still racing for Ferrari eventually as well. His memory is gradually coming back, but that's not a good sign for his future.

Both of those stories came from tabloid papers in Germany and Spain that are known to very rarely be accurate and have since been declared untrue.

Both of those stories came from tabloid papers in Germany and Spain that are known to very rarely be accurate and have since been declared untrue.

:icon_thumleft:

Good to know. Thanks!

Such a crappy race, it was like watching paint dry!

That was the pace of Kimi's mechanics changing tyres...

• 2 weeks later...
Whoa, hope yesterday was not a one off. Ferrari have legitimate power and it was great to see the emotion when they won.

:iamwithstupid:

It was actually a fairly entertaining race. I was really bummed when both Macs were knocked out in Q1, but they seem to be making strides also. Mercedes vs. Ferrari is exactly what this season needed. It really was an emotional win and was great to see.

It was actually a fairly entertaining race. I was really bummed when both Macs were knocked out in Q1, but they seem to be making strides also. Mercedes vs. Ferrari is exactly what this season needed. It really was an emotional win and was great to see.

Hopefully it will be a competitive season. The Ferrari pace from both cars was encouraging. The last season was a snooze fest.

On a side note 2015 Indy cars have seized the crown of the ugliest race cars raced, held for the past few years by F1.

• 3 weeks later...

Ferrari have stepped their game up. Bahrain was good, had potential to be better but it was two teams in it.

Ferrari's have respectable race pace and their strategy made it a closer race. Bringing Vettel in early and controlling kimi on an alternative strategy showed calm under pressure.

Two more laps and the results would have been very different.

Even Rosberg found some bite. The night race and titanium undertrays made for a pleasing aesthetic feel to the race to.

Alas, Barca will be different. After that race that is when we will know if we have a full season battle on hands or if Rosberg will become Hamilton's rear gunner.

Kimi's contract extension is being held near the table "in case he falls asleep".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/32383584

Massive credit to Maurizio Arrivabene, he has re-introduced some zing into the team. The car seems good, his personnel skills seem top notch and the way he is in interviews is a breath of fresh air.

McLaren though. That must be awkward. Two of the top share holders were at the race, there to schmooze their financial backers but only one car starting? Honda have been very slack here.

I keep on using the date of this article to bash them with it. http://en.espn.co.uk/mclaren/motorsport/story/187829.html

Yet Alonso seems to think points is likely in Barcalona?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/32377368

A lot of hot air imo and really disappointed at the lack of zing.

There was a lot of talk about Red Bull's future, although Christian Horner dismissed it there is some interesting gossip.

Renault to buy Torro Rosso and Audi will buy Red Bull if Bernie was to go. When Bernie was asked about this he said "fine, I will go if they want to buy them."

• 1 month later...

I got some new found respect for Hamilton how well he handled himself in the post race interview after getting fucked by his team, definitely a lot better at hiding his true feelings and carrying himself in a professional way than he used to be.

It's a shame Verstappen crashed but at least he turned the snoozefest into something exciting enough to watch towards the end.

I know it's been beaten to death but god those turbo cars sound awful, I remember the pre-turbo cars screaming through the tunnel in Monaco, not anymore.

I got some new found respect for Hamilton how well he handled himself in the post race interview after getting fucked by his team, definitely a lot better at hiding his true feelings and carrying himself in a professional way than he used to be.

:iamwithstupid: he got screwed, and Nico was more than happy to get handed the win.

Signing a $150m contract also helps too.

I would not say hiding it but he was definitely right to be pissed off. David Coulthard offers some amazing insight into the sport in his commentary and he said that this is now going to play on his mind everytime the pit signal comes up.

Nico was gracious about it and said that it was Lewis all weekend. Mercedes are lucky though that Vettel was there, imagine the fall out if Nico had to give his place back if Hamilton came out behind him?

Canada should be a could chance for Lewis to bounce back.

Also Mclaren were unlucky this weekend not to get more. Lets see how big a step they actually have taken in Canada.

Hamilton has won everything this year and just got him self a 150milloin deal. One little stone in his boot but still was on the podium. Imho all he did was like little child who had his toy taken away. Driving over the board, staying at the track ridiculously long, fading from seremony etc. He didn't handle him self at all. He spoke the words but his actions let everyone see and feel how he felt. Ridiculous given that it was not him who drive to wall that day at 250kmh.

There are guys who risk their lifes as much , drive shitty cars, maybe have to pay to be driving and they know they suck donkey balls still they dont act like this. Even the suckers in F1 have professionalism to it.

Yes Hamilton is extremely talented driver but he's not perfect like nobody is. Boys take the tinted glasses off.

Hamilton has won everything this year and just got him self a 150milloin deal. One little stone in his boot but still was on the podium. Imho all he did was like little child who had his toy taken away. Driving over the board, staying at the track ridiculously long, fading from seremony etc. He didn't handle him self at all. He spoke the words but his actions let everyone see and feel how he felt. Ridiculous given that it was not him who drive to wall that day at 250kmh.

There are guys who risk their lifes as much , drive shitty cars, maybe have to pay to be driving and they know they suck donkey balls still they dont act like this. Even the suckers in F1 have professionalism to it.

Yes Hamilton is extremely talented driver but he's not perfect like nobody is. Boys take the tinted glasses off.

Signing a new contract or not you want to win regardless. When you are on the world stage and your team have messed up your goals you don't just suck it up and smile for the cameras. I would have driven the car into the swimming pool.

• 2 weeks later...
I would have driven the car into the swimming pool.

:icon_mrgreen: Me too!

Interesting race starting in a few!