Maserati GT owner opinions please

Villa21

The fiancé is getting an itch for a new car. She currently has a first gen Cayman S and is looking to replace it with a car in the 50k range. Ive heard that the GT's are not really reliable cars but she loves the way that they look. If you guys that have owned one could give any feedback I would appreciate it! Also open to take opinions on other cars in the same range. Thanks!

My wife has had a 09 GT for a DD for 4yrs now. She absolutely loves it. I even enjoy driving it. It's not fast and nibble like the SL but it's a different kind of car. The car has been really trouble free. When I purchased it used it was still under warranty. The 09 had problems with the glue coming loose on the leather. Entire leather was replaced except for seats under warranty. Then it had a problem with tail lights that had a recall and was fixed under warranty. After that the car has held up very well. Has had nothing other than services and oil change. It's a joy to drive and the sound is great. My sons are 6 ft tall and even fit in the back (although not comfortable for us when we have both back there...but it works). I have offered to buy her something newer but she refused and had me buy her a Yukon for the rainy days. 90% of the time she is in the GT and loving it.

I got my wife a new 12 GT convertible a few years ago, she loves it, I think it's great for what it is but wouldn't want to own it out of warranty.

Gemlender what kind of tranny is in it? The F1?

Yes it has paddle shifters and the smaller 4.2 engine. Although we rarely use the paddle shifters.