Aventador vs Hellcat...

FikseSTS

Was the Aventador in Corsa mode and manual shifting or in auto? Because it makes a big difference.

My friend raced the Audi R8 V10 + with DSG couple of weeks ago in his Aventador. In auto mode he was ahead about a cars length over a 1km run. However when he put it in Corsa and shift manually, he managed to pull ahead another 2-3 cars lengths. They did a couple of runs with the same outcome.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am glad I own both!

Really though, it is awesome that Dodge had the balls to build this beast. Its spicing up the car world, but I don't get in my Vent thinking "I am going to spank someone's ass today". So its really irrelevant imo.

:icon_super:

I am glad I own both!

Really though, it is awesome that Dodge had the balls to build this beast. Its spicing up the car world, but I don't get in my Vent thinking "I am going to spank someone's ass today". So its really irrelevant imo.

I dont get into the "I beat X car with 1/8th the money" BS. But it is really cool that there is a car that has an MSRP of 65k that is on par with Lambos. Now if only you could get a Hellcat for MSRP.

I dont get into the "I beat X car with 1/8th the money" BS. But it is really cool that there is a car that has an MSRP of 65k that is on par with Lambos. Now if only you could get a Hellcat for MSRP.

:iamwithstupid:

I beat up on more expensive cars all the time in my Z, but still would want a Gallardo or a Porsche Turbo over it.

This was actually the fastest Hellcat ever. Everyone present that day agreed -- way faster than an Aventador. Unfortunately, it only tied the record held by a Toyota Prius that was also never seen again.

Hellcat_on_the_cat.jpg

This was actually the fastest Hellcat ever. Everyone present that day agreed -- way faster than an Aventador. Unfortunately, it only tied the record held by a Toyota Prius that was also never seen again.

post-25074-1423762170_thumb.jpg

You were on Nimitz? I was on Nimitz. :D

These cars are certainly not competitors, I wouldn't get too defensive. The Hellcat has a lot more area under the curve due to FI and the big dollar Vent is unfortunately still sporting a ten dollar, ten year old transmission.

Umm no, the gearbox would make a minimal difference here. The Avendator's single clutch is fast enough. Now, maybe the driver was in the wrong mode or just didn't shift at the right times, I don't feel like trying to overanalyze it, but the result is not far from what could be expected given their power and weight figures and Aventador's AWD.

Hellcat is most definitely a high 10 second car. I heard if you splash some race gas in the tank there are gains to be made.

Here is a stock one running 93 with drag radials running high 10's.

I don't understand why it is such a negative that the hellcat is supercharged . Speed is speed, it doesn't matter how it is attained. Styling aside, this just goes to prove that N/A manufacturers aren't patsies anymore and are fully capable of delivering world class performance cars . It also goes to prove that exclusivity and styling are the only reason there is such a price gap between the European and N/A supercars and with the coming of the new Ford Gt, I am not even sure that will hold for much longer.

I don't see anything wrong with a car being supercharged or turbocharged vs naturally aspirated. They have different driving characteristics, so its just a matter of personal preference. I like a variety.

Most American manufacturers are just trying to concentrate on what they are good at, bang for the buck. Nothing wrong with that, its a nice market, but there is a lot more than styling and exclusivity that separates a 75k car from a 400k+ car. The higher priced cars are just a lot nicer with more expensive materials all around, and performance is only part of what people care about when buying a particular car. If you are selling your Aventador to get a Hellcat please raise your hand.

The new Ford GT will be very nice and be built with expensive (and latest) components while Ford will surely subsidize the price to make it a lot cheaper than it would be otherwise. This is an exciting car, and the only American car IMO that is potentially worthy to be compared to higher end European cars. While others are great, and have their appeal, they just don't do it for me.

Ugh.

Put a big enough engine in a Yugo and it will run 10's in the 1/4. So what.

I would like to take a moment to express a concern of 2 700hp cars racing on a crowded highway.

Not cool.

Hi All,

I own the Aventador in these videos. I raced the Hellcat 4 times that night. I clearly won 3 of them but was playing catch up every time and pulled away once at higher speeds. The closest race was from a 30 roll where he got a big jump but just as I caught up and was about to pull in him, I had to slow down due to a car in front. All others started at 40+ and there was no problem winning. The Hellcat also started a bit ahead in most of the races as well.

So everyone can rest easy here. The videos were purposely edited to look the way they did. The Hellcat is fast, that's for sure, but not faster than the Aventador. I was in Sport mode and let the car shift on its own.

The new Z with minimal mods. headers , tune and cold air intake ( 2500$ ) trapped 10.0 @139 with a 7 speed. I might pull the trigger on a auto with a few mods it will go 9.8s @ 142ish on e85.

dont forget it was on E85 and a DR, that car would still have a hard time hooking up on the street even from a 50 roll

Looked like the Aventador was pulling a little but the Hellcat got the jump.

After seeing a Huracan pulling on an Aventador, I'm not surprised at all. Lots of aero, AWD and gearing play a huge factor in roll racing. After the Huracan race it was pretty clear that the Aventador has too long of gears for its power band. Aero will play a part once the cars get into the 120+ territory, where the Aventador will have an advantage, but it might not be significant as it has to fight the AWD loss.

Aventador needs some significant changes to be a serious contender in the current market. MAC, Viper, 488, and Huracan are all going to out-run it.

For those arguing the Aventador is a better car compared to the Hellcat, no shit, it cost 6 times as much. But the interior amenities and exhaust note are not relevant here. What is relevant is how the cars put down power, which it does slightly better than the Hellcat.

Heads up, the GenV Viper is going to be out of the Aventador's reach.

Cool for Hellcat fanboys, but completely irrelevant. I'm with Doc_K, anything can go fast with a blower; the Aventador still has a NA V12.

Totally relevant. Both cars are designed to be fast from a roll. The hellcat does that better.

I don't care, but everyone who records high speed video with car windows down should be skullfucked by tranny in a hitler mask.

This.

I'd be "worried" if the Hellcat beat the Aventador on a proper road course.....as it is, Mopar products cannot even beat comparable GM/Ford products on road courses (SRT stuff here, Viper is different).

Pure drag racing is the MO of the Hellcat.....the transmission, suspension tuning, tires, torque curve are all about the quarter. All the Lambo has going for it in this scenario is the AWD and maybe a little less weight.

If any of you wanted to make a serious living in the 1/4.....even if you were a billionaire, going the exotic route is a losing proposition for the most part, so not sure why people are so shocked/concerned over this.

And here's another thing:

Even if the Aventador was a tad faster in the 1/4, I'm pretty sure the Hellcat would certainly FEEL faster. Even the nuance of V8 versus V12 plays a role in perception of torque given similar displacements, along with supercharging versus turbos/naturally aspirated.

However, at the end of the day variety is nice, and of course others have explained why the exotics and high end luxury will always be king. And for what it's worth, I doubt the Hellcat is actually any faster from a highway speed roll than an Aventador.

Heads up, the GenV Viper is going to be out of the Aventador's reach.

:iamwithstupid: And now that there is a supercharger ready to go. . .

At the same time, who buys stock lambos ever thinking they will be the fastest thing on the highway? If thats your MO there are a lot better choices from Vipers, GTR's, and PDK Turbos.

I think most of us can agree that its time for Lambo to step up and add turbos!

the next few years will be very interesting to see how this all plays out with the factory.

i smell big changes in the near future!

the next few years will be very interesting to see how this all plays out with the factory.

I hope you are right about big changes coming in the near future. Right now the only thing Lambo has is looks and that is completely subjective. From a performance standpoint they are about to be way behind the competition once the 488 hits the streets.

I hope you are right about big changes coming in the near future. Right now the only thing Lambo has is looks and that is completely subjective. From a performance standpoint they are about to be way behind the competition once the 488 hits the streets.

I'd be "worried" if the Hellcat beat the Aventador on a proper road course.....as it is, Mopar products cannot even beat comparable GM/Ford products on road courses (SRT stuff here, Viper is different).

Pure drag racing is the MO of the Hellcat.....the transmission, suspension tuning, tires, torque curve are all about the quarter. All the Lambo has going for it in this scenario is the AWD and maybe a little less weight.

If any of you wanted to make a serious living in the 1/4.....even if you were a billionaire, going the exotic route is a losing proposition for the most part, so not sure why people are so shocked/concerned over this.

And here's another thing:

Even if the Aventador was a tad faster in the 1/4, I'm pretty sure the Hellcat would certainly FEEL faster. Even the nuance of V8 versus V12 plays a role in perception of torque given similar displacements, along with supercharging versus turbos/naturally aspirated.

However, at the end of the day variety is nice, and of course others have explained why the exotics and high end luxury will always be king. And for what it's worth, I doubt the Hellcat is actually any faster from a highway speed roll than an Aventador.

Disagree.

Lambo staying NA will be a winner. Lots of NA enthusiasts out there.

:iamwithstupid: And now that there is a supercharger ready to go. . .

At the same time, who buys stock lambos ever thinking they will be the fastest thing on the highway? If thats your MO there are a lot better choices from Vipers, GTR's, and PDK Turbos.

Yeah, the new s/c Viper is going to be insane. My '97 at 700whp was a beast.

Highway is all the big Lambo's have, they are big GT cars, not track cars. While the overweight pig that's shaped like a brick has been rustling everyone's jimmies lately, the fact that a carbon tubbed exotic with 7bhp less could barely pull on it says a lot for Dodge and should be an eye opener for Lambo that it needs to get in the game with the current market changes. It's just this all over again

Volvo-Lambo.jpg

Turbos or a KERS system or get more aggressive with that new V12.