Great interview w Cuban

Rawr

http://www.esquire.com/sports/interviews/a...6bbcuban-182-1/

It's from 2008, so we can see how things changed a bit.

Whether it's downloaded video, streaming, YouTube, or the Internet in general, there isn't anything new anymore. There's not anything right now that you can point at and say, Here comes a whole new rapid-fire change. To me, it's like this: When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? There's just no good reason. Now, if you have something superstrategic or amazing, great. But 99 percent of the time, it's just people lying to themselves.

Which doesn't mean that the Internet and all that technology is bad. When you have a hammer, everything looks like a nail. And today's hammer is the Internet, or digital. To me, it's like electricity. Once it was invented, it's great. I'm not going to all of a sudden stop using electricity. I'm going to continue using the Internet and all things digital -- high def, digital cameras, new tools, whatever. But now that we have a society that's integrated all of that, you have to start asking the question: What's next?

I am curious what your thoughts are on the 'what's next'? The way I see it once everyone gets over the novelty of everyone being connected and showing each other everything, they will move onto something else. My gut tells me to something that will show others things they should be validated for, things achieved by effort. The filter won't be just pics of things. Something attainable and popular, like obsession with the marathons and the "tough mudder" type of stuff - mass appeal of a way to get in on a popular/easily validated thing and have the show off factor. What do you think happens after we all get used to the connectivity?

Augmented/Virtual Reality will be the next big thing IMO and also a lot more automation [Personal robots, self driving cars, etc].

Guys I meant that as what will the crowd will start doing differently after they realize "yeah social stuff is cool, but it's played out now, so.." Wasn't asking what the next hot sector might be. Virtual reality is cool, but enough mass appeal you think? Would anyone's wife here let her husband get a VR machine?

Well, specifically, cubes is asking what the next big invention after the internet. He uses the example of electricity. We have electricity, we all use it everyday, cool. We have the internet, we use it everyday like electricity, it is integrated into out lives. Cool. The fact is the internet is limited as to what its platform is capable of.

We have streaming, social media, etc. And 1000000 people just trying to do the same thing differently. Nothing seems truly innovative. I live in silicon valley, personally, I hate it here. It seems like the innovation is gone. I understand the big bucks being thrown around because yes, now this stuff is a business....but...who is innovating anymore. We are starting to see the internet being utilized very well by google and also companies like amazon and uber...cool stuff connecting services/people/automation.

No new innovative technology will move forward or come to fruition without being dependent on the internet.

Regarding your question...well...damn. I think its sad. No telling what will come for a future that is dependent on these services to live. Have you ever heard about people living beyond their mean to flaunt on platforms such as instagram? Its pretty sad. I used to have IG but it just seems like a big brag fest with everyone posting motivational quotes, and making themselves into who they wish they were....which then in turn, they actually may project this false image into reality. Ive ran into lots of people who act wayyyy more important than they actually are......

Oh, and robotics is the next big thing. I was always fascinated when I was younger about robotics! It has always been a hobby. Job automation is the next big thing. Lots of things can be way more efficient without people at the helm. Scary but true.

DRUNK POST :D