Aventador SV

a007apl

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

under a mil I would take a 918 and 50th roadster vent!!

I do like the new SV, I just think they could have done a much better job. (especially after coming out with the 50th a year ago that was mind blowing)

Both limited editions both sold out, the Aventador has no direct competitor.

I thought the 918 was over $1mil in the States.

Both limited editions both sold out, the Aventador has no direct competitor.

I thought the 918 was over $1mil in the States.

msrp 845k and you can still buy both models today for under 1 mil.

msrp 845k and you can still buy both models today for under 1 mil.

Damn, you guys are lucky if you can get a 918 sub $1 mil, I wasn't aware there are spots still left.

Damn, you guys are lucky if you can get a 918 sub $1 mil, I wasn't aware there are spots still left.

918s have been sold out for awhile now, and I haven't seen any for under 1 mil on the secondary market. Standard model base price is 845k and weissach base price is 929k.

The SV is going to be priced around the same as the 50th from what I've been told. I'll say it again, the SV is not meant to be a model up from the 50th, the 50th is a special limited edition. The price jump of the SV over the standard model justifies what you are getting (or not getting). I don't love the styling as much as the 50th, but I prefer it over the standard Av.

yep we have a few 2nd hand 918's down here you can still buy for under a mil. a good investment IMO and a badass car!

They should have kept the SV for the end off line model . What are they going to do the next 6 years , 20 special editions ?

The Miura SV was the last and an evolution from the first Miura . Same with the Murci SV .

I think the Avenatdor SV will lose its "special" , ones there are a few limited edition versions .

1. That wing looks fcuking stupid.

2. It's about time Lambo jumped on the centerlock wheel bandwagon (especially with the Audi/Porsche ownership).

3. Hopefully the carbon interior bits trickle down to be options on all Aventador's because it looks fantastic.

I think the car looks pretty damn good. Unlike many of you, I think it does look better and a bit more cohesive than the 50th. I was wary after seeing the spy shots, but the Geneva pics look great.

I am a bit disappointed that the SV namesake seems a bit watered-down, compared to the Murci SV for example which was definitely a more extreme evolution of the platform. However, design-wise the Aventador is a bit more extreme from the start than the Murci, so any visual changes seem a bit less dramatic.

I love the wheels. I think the floor mats look pretty awful. Can't wait to see one in black.

IMO SV badge completes any SV! But i'm afraid even that tiny side decal won't suit Aventador SV at all

It makes the car look too messy at that corner

yep we have a few 2nd hand 918's down here you can still buy for under a mil. a good investment IMO and a badass car!

If I had the opportunity to secure a 918 under $1 mil I wouldn't miss it.

918s have been sold out for awhile now, and I haven't seen any for under 1 mil on the secondary market. Standard model base price is 845k and weissach base price is 929k.

The SV is going to be priced around the same as the 50th from what I've been told. I'll say it again, the SV is not meant to be a model up from the 50th, the 50th is a special limited edition. The price jump of the SV over the standard model justifies what you are getting (or not getting). I don't love the styling as much as the 50th, but I prefer it over the standard Av.

You are right, you have to place the SV against the standard Aventador not the 50th limited edition series which was a 1 of exercise sold out at the moment.

700 V 750 SV makes for a very easy choice.

I honestly can not believe how many people are going bonkers over the 50th now considering the very chilling reception the car received on LP when the first photos popped up on the net! I see history repeating with the SV, there is no doubt in my mind.

I honestly can not believe how many people are going bonkers over the 50th now considering the very chilling reception the car received on LP when the first photos popped up on the net! I see history repeating with the SV, there is no doubt in my mind.

:iamwithstupid: Exact same thing happened with the LP670 SV...everyone got up in arms calling it a "kit car" and "ruiner of history"...and now everyone is saying it's the last true ballsy Lambo...It's quite entertaining.

I think it looks cool, too bad it wasnt 800hp.

I got a invitation and a book form Porsche about 2 1/2 years ago to buy a 918. All I could think of was all the crashed CGT and dismissed it. I kept the book etc.

Then i was in London on a layover last august and that show top gear? came on the tele(lol-when in rome do as the romans-tele-lol) and i watched this guy on the track in Qatar fire up the 918 and drive the piss out of it. I started digging online and found the entire video-top gear showed about 50% of what really happened. from what i saw its a hell of a car. i was very surprised at how high tech it is, and the blue flames coming out of it-boing!!!!

They should have kept the SV for the end off line model . What are they going to do the next 6 years , 20 special editions ?

The Miura SV was the last and an evolution from the first Miura . Same with the Murci SV .

I think the Avenatdor SV will lose its "special" , ones there are a few limited edition versions .

i think there is going to be a massive trend in the car industry in general of "special edition" cars as it's very profitable to create scarcity when it really is a commodity. I had lots of econ classes in college and while i cant write very good, i know about making something out of nothing.

"when the perception becomes reality"-Gorden Gekko

[i honestly can not believe how many people are going bonkers over the 50th now considering the very chilling reception the car received on LP when the first photos popped up on the net! I see history repeating with the SV, there is no doubt in my mind.]

:iamwithstupid: Exact same thing happened with the LP670 SV...everyone got up in arms calling it a "kit car" and "ruiner of history"...and now everyone is saying it's the last true ballsy Lambo...It's quite entertaining.

Eh. My opinion's still that the Murcie SV and 50th models are visually messy compared with their contemporary series-production cars (particularly the LP640 which might be the best looking car they've made since the LP400). I think the thing is that these harder-edged models are supposed to look challenging and steroidal, so they're always going to initially rub people the wrong way, but find a very committed fanbase once their shape becomes familiar.

Also worth pointing out that these cars are a lot more than just their new bodykits, so butts in driving seats are a big factor in changing the mindset. The Murcie SV's developed such a reputation because it's widely regarded as the best of the Bizzarrini V12 Lamborghinis, not necessarily the best looking.

So, will there inevitably be a special edition SV: an SVR that is TRULY bonkers?

I'd love to see an LP770-2 SV GT :D

Eh. My opinion's still that the Murcie SV and 50th models are visually messy compared with their contemporary series-production cars (particularly the LP640 which might be the best looking car they've made since the LP400). I think the thing is that these harder-edged models are supposed to look challenging and steroidal, so they're always going to initially rub people the wrong way, but find a very committed fanbase once their shape becomes familiar.

Also worth pointing out that these cars are a lot more than just their new bodykits, so butts in driving seats are a big factor in changing the mindset. The Murcie SV's developed such a reputation because it's widely regarded as the best of the Bizzarrini V12 Lamborghinis, not necessarily the best looking.

640 being best looking car since the LP400 is a personal opinion.

we have heard a lot of people-owners telling all diablos look better than murcielago or 640

Please let me know where you can get a 918 under a million. I have been helping my friend get a 918 and nothing on the US market are selling for less than 1.2 million. ?????

For sure. I would keep the 50th like yours. :icon_thumleft:

640 being best looking car since the LP400 is a personal opinion.

we have heard a lot of people-owners telling all diablos look better than murcielago or 640

I did say it was just my opinion. :P