McLaren 675LT

Fortis

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is no different than Lamborghini making a Superleggera, or Ferrari making a Scuderia/Speciale, or Porsche making a GT2 or a GT3. Eliminate some creature comforts, call it a limited edition, and charge a premium for it. It's a tried and tested concept. Don't see why that is hard to understand.

I'm on my third McLaren so far and have lost boat loads of money on them, but I think if any model has a chance of retaining value, it would probably be this one over this all new street car of which you speak.

I agree it's great for the manufacturers. They get to squeak out a few extra cars at a good profit.

Porsche is different in one regard. The GT3 comes out in the meat of its generation while it is still relevant and is a HUGE improvement over the standard line for track duty.

I traded my 430 Spider for a Scud back in the day. Bad move and that's the same generation. What we are talking here is more akin to 430 Spider or Challenge Stradale. Or 458 Spider to Scud. In the case of this thread, for a guy in Miami...

Lambos are even more blatant as there aren't many upgrades to the SL's (compared to the big tech leaps at Ferrari, Porsche and Mac) and the new generation cars have simply dwarfed them in every category. There isn't a stock Superleggera owner on the planet that wouldn't trade his car for a Huracan.

As for the 675, I'm surprised they didn't do the rope LED tail lights like the P1.

I wonder how different McLaren's tough start into the business would have been if they launched with this car rather than the MP4.

Why could they not have come up with this car in the first place ? This looks really good.

It's being called an evolution.

I know :/

the deposit is refundable so ill wait until I see it to make a final decision. plus I just got new shoes! ;)

post-2228-1424979005_thumb.jpg

Very nice. I just got some new shoes too [OEM Super Lightweights in Stealth].

post-8895-1425031332_thumb.jpg

this would be my color choice with red accents/seats etc!!

this is the only pic I can find. looks like a stealth satin grey

post-2228-1424976607.jpg

That looks the BOMB.

But remember bro, it's no Spyder :(

I saw that too and it really caught my eye.

:icon_thumleft:

Why could they not have come up with this car in the first place ? This looks really good.

:iamwithstupid:

I wonder how different McLaren's tough start into the business would have been if they launched with this car rather than the MP4.

It would have been very different on the secondhandmarket.

yep im sure he does LMFAO (but they really go WAY above and beyond)

sprite car looks great brother!

fixed roof is the only thing holding me back, but im still going to see it and make the call.

yep im sure he does LMFAO (but they really go WAY above and beyond)

sprite car looks great brother!

fixed roof is the only thing holding me back, but im still going to see it and make the call.

From a purely monetary point of view...Keep the 650S. every year McLaren and others are always producing something

new/better.. If you trade at every upgrade you getting killed monetarily.. for what a hair faster..more technology?

Especially with the miles you are putting on your cars...the cost per mile is stupid IMHO.

Mc laren stylist Frank Stephenson indicted in an interview in this month's Motortrend that the 650s replacement was coming in 2016. Looks like Mc laren hockey stick depreciation is good to go for at least a few more years.

Obviously you guys haven't heard, the new car is an entire TENTH quicker and is only missing nine tenths of the comfort. Easily worth a couple 100 thousand...

Obviously you guys haven't heard, the new car is an entire TENTH quicker and is only missing nine tenths of the comfort. Easily worth a couple 100 thousand...

Easily? RIGHT!

Until the first time it's 70 degrees at sunset while driving though South Beach.

Or when you are ready to sell it...

LOL good point, but I do think the 675 will hold value because of the limited numbers

cool shot with air brake activated.

post-2228-1425478607_thumb.jpg

yeah it really looks sick! im liking this new grey color.

Car looks insane on all levels. If they had released this version instead of the 12C they would have killed it.