Street Racing

HannibalACP82

The mustang driver turned himself in last night.

His life is fucked too.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

His life is fucked too.

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes." ~Romandad

All tolled, I think he did about six and a half years in jail and prison... Crash was 12-29-07... Got out August of '14 as best as I can tell... Cant remember if he was bailed out prior to sentencing... Either way, that's a shit load of time away from family.... For a series of really bad decisions... I think he had youngish kids... 6 years is an eternity to miss out on for kids that age...

Hopefully it serves as a reminder to others in the car communities... Don't fcuking do this stupid shit.

Didn't he kill someone? THAT is an eternity to be away from your family...not this chickenshit 6 years when he gets to see if family through a glass window or maybe even face to face.

fcuk that.

http://www.tmz.com/2015/03/05/izzy-valenzu...acing-accident/

Izzy Valenzuela -- who appeared on the Discovery channel show "Street Outlaws" -- was arrested Thursday and charged with two counts of murder for his role in a street racing accident.

According to the L.A. County D.A.'s Office, Valenzuela was racing another man, Michael Gevorgyan, on February 25 when Gevorgyan lost control of his car and crashed into a crowd.

Two people in the crowd died and a third was injured.

Los Angeles has strict street racing laws, which is why Valenzuela is being charged even though his car didn't kill anyone. He's currently in jail, and prosecutors want him held on $2 million bail.

If convicted, Valenzuela faces 33 years to life in prison.

TMZ spoke to Valenzuela the day after the fatal street race -- we had a tip he might have been involved, though he claimed he'd been at his auto shop that night ... and wasn't involved.

This is a sad event but how many cars do we see street race at tx2k and there is no back lash for them racing. I get people died but seems like everyone is forgetting all the tt lambos from this forum we watch race bikes etc and no one condemns them.

This is a sad event but how many cars do we see street race at tx2k and there is no back lash for them racing. I get people died but seems like everyone is forgetting all the tt lambos from this forum we watch race bikes etc and no one condemns them.

I was thinking much the same thing, however a majority of forum members partaking in the TX2KX and other street races appear to do so in a more controlled environment. I understand it is still street racing so it can only be "controlled" to a certain degree, however by going out in the early morning, to remote areas free of others, they are limiting the likelihood of injury to themselves, who are willing participants. Sure the track is always better, and I feel as though more and more folks are seeking half mile and roll on events as opposed to the street racing. I am not condoning street racing, but for better or worse, it has and likely always will be part of the modified car culture.

Also, I would contend that the individuals who were unfortunately killed by this mustang driver, RIP, were willing participants and not completely innocent victims.

Track event is different than on a public street, no comparison. The guys who drag on the streets are complete idiots with no regard for the safety of others. Cautiously opening it up on an open freeway with no traffic around is a bit different in my book but still risky. Keep in mind whenever you race someone you are betting your financial/ future status on the skill of the other driver. Not worth IMO especially when everyone has a dash cam/ smart phone now a days.

It seem the guys who were racing were in the business and were trying to promote their shops.

Is it bad that I wanna say you thread subtitle is just fcuking hilarious. We all do stupid shit but having that many people around is A grade stupid

I post that exact sentiment in the Hardy Toll Road thread every time it comes up. It will be the cool thing to do until a Lambo/GT-R/Wannabefastkid crashes and kills someone.

Also, I would contend that the individuals who were unfortunately killed by this mustang driver, RIP, were willing participants and not completely innocent victims.

:iamwithstupid:

Robert Van Idiot used to be a shit talker from MbWorld. He talked shit how he would blow away my Gallardo and tried to race Ajglobal in his Gallardo in traffic. I happened to be driving the opposite direction immidietely after Van idiot killed the guy as well. I filmed the car he hit and cut in half and the poor guy was lying dead in the street.

One of the guys killed in this latest street racing accident was a customer of Sp Engineering.

I don't know about you guys , I WOULD NEVER stand on a side walk watching a race from 2 feet of car passing me at 100mph. Its like you going to a gun range and standing 2 feet of the target while i am shooting.. I feel bad for the people that got killed and their families.. but one might ask were they part of this "illegal" racing? Since everyone that raced is getting charged with murder including the guy that called 3-2-1. I don't think murder will stick for any drivers. Of course if the drivers killed a pedestrian crossing the street then thats different. The spectators standing 2 feet on the side walk are also to blame.

things that make you go hmm...

http://www.lapdracing.com/StreetRacingcanbeMurder.html

Street racing can be murder.

The theory of “Implied Malice”

Let’s get one thing straight, you’re not a “street racer.” “Street racers” are those out of control

young guys who mostly drive Japanese “rice rockets.” They stage those dangerous late night

illegal drags races with crowds of spectators. You hate those guys because they often give

real “car guys,” like you, a bad name. You know what happens when the cops catch them, they

get arrested and their cars get crushed, and that’s fine with you. Those “street racers” are a

menace to the public and you think the cops should nail them whenever they can.

You’re fifty-something and a pretty regular “car guy.” Sure you got a few speeding tickets back

when you were a kid, but what car guy didn’t? You have always loved muscle cars and last

year you treated yourself to a ZO6 Corvette. Sure nobody needs more than the 500 stock

horsepower, but you still had to add the after-market exhaust, the high flow intake and a high-

performance computer chip. That’s what car guys do. You’re not going to race it, maybe just

some car shows.

One day you’re out driving and pull up to a red light. Up next to you pulls a new Dodge Charger

SRT-8. The driver looks over at you, some guy, mid 30’s, you don’t know him but you know

what he’s thinking. The lights turn green and you just do a quick jump to show him what a ZO6

can do. He stands on it too, but you still pull him by a few feet. You quickly back off at about

fifty, not too fast, but the other guy stays on it. The guy is about a block ahead, doing maybe

ninety, when he hits the mini-van. The mom driving failed to judge his speed and changed into

his lane ahead of him. The impact spreads fire and debris across six lanes of traffic. You stop

to help, but the guy driving the Dodge, the 28 year-old mom, her 9 year-old son, and her 4 year-

old daughter are all dead.

What was that stupid guy thinking? It was terrible accident, but at least you weren’t involved!

Reality check, in the eyes of the law and public, you engaged in an “impromptu street race”

and you are involved!

Based on witness accounts, the police will arrest you and you will be charged with at least four

counts of second-degree murder, and you will certainly be sued for financial damages by the

families of the victims, including the family of the guy driving the Dodge.

Your life, as you know it, is over….

The theory of “Implied Malice” is simple. If you engage in an activity that you know is illegal and

potentially dangerous, then you are held responsible for any negative results.

Think of it this way, you’re the get-away driver in bank robbery. If any one dies in the heist

(even one of your own gang and even though you’re outside in the car) you’re charged with

murder.

Prosecutors are now applying the same theory of “Implied Malice” to street racing.

Citrus Heights, Calif. - Investigators said the two cars were engaging in a street race when one

of the drivers lost control of his car and slammed into a tree. The guy driving was killed and his

passenger was badly injured.

Although the other driver was not involved in the actual crash, he was charged with murder in

the death of the other driver. The D.A. office is seeking a prison term of 15 years to life.

The D.A.'s office has filed second-degree murder charges in similar cases in the past and won.

A spokesperson said the fact that the race reached speeds of 70 to 80 miles an hour and took

place on a busy stretch of road shows that the racers demonstrated a conscious disregard for

human life with “malice implied”.

Charlotte, N.C. - A 44 year-old mother who turned herself in to police and admitted to driving a

car involved in a deadly street race has been charged with three counts of second-degree

murder.

Police said she was racing her Camaro against 20-year-old male earlier this month when he

crashed into another car, killing a woman, and her 2-year-old daughter.

The male faces three counts of second-degree murder and, although not involved in the crash,

the female is also facing three counts of second-degree murder. The Judge set her bond at $3

million dollars.

El Monte, California– Two guys, both friends, were racing when one car swerved across lanes,

traveled across the center median into opposing traffic and crashed into another car. The guy

was killed and four people inside the other car were seriously injured.

The other guy, who was not physically involved in the crash, was charged with one count of

murder; one count of vehicular manslaughter and four counts of reckless driving causing injury

– all felonies. Prosecutors asked for bail set at $1.1 million.

Australia- A Court found that a guy had “incited” the street race in which the other guy struck a

tree, instantly killing his two occupants.

A jury found the surviving racer guilty of the death of the passengers in the other car and guilty

of reckless conduct endangering the life of the other racer.

The Judge accepted the man’s behavior was out of character and unlikely to happen again,

however, the Judge said the sentence served as a general deterrence and that this was an

important consideration in the sentencing.

The guy was jailed for four years and eight months.

Orange County, California- Two motorcyclists racing each other on the freeway caused an

accident that killed a driver on the road north of Portola Parkway. The victim, identified as 46-

year-old Andrew Parker, was reportedly rear-ended by one of the motorcyclists. Parker died on

the scene.

Officials say the two motorcyclists were racing when one of the riders on a Yamaha slammed

into Parker’s vehicle. The impact of the crash caused Parker to lose control, go off the road,

roll over, and crash into a light pole. The motorcyclist who hit Parker is also reportedly in

serious condition in a local hospital with major injuries. California Highway Patrol investigators

are looking for the other motorcyclist who fled the scene.

Both motorcyclists will face a charge of criminal vehicular manslaughter, and attorneys for

Parker’s family said that they are both financially liable for the wrongful death.

Unfortunately, many of us are living in the past. We remember the “good old days” of cruising.

You know, “American Graffiti,” Woodward Avenue and Van Nuys Boulevard, where stop light

to stop light drag races were common, if not down- right American.

Well, things are different now! If the last street race from “American Graffiti” occurred today

and the guy who crashed the ’55 Chevy (a young Harrison Ford) or his passenger had died,

John Milner would be in prison for second-degree murder and his ’32 Ford Coupe, along with

all his other assets, would be gone!

So the next time you’re out driving your toy, feeling frisky, and somebody that thinks they’re

fast pulls up next to you, look over at the guy and ask yourself, “Am I really going to chance

going to prison and losing all my financial assets by racing that guy?!!”

For all of our sakes, I hope not.

Officer Sean Reinhardt [email protected]

LAPDRacing.com

I don't know about you guys , I WOULD NEVER stand on a side walk watching a race from 2 feet of car passing me at 100mph. Its like you going to a gun range and standing 2 feet of the target while i am shooting.. I feel bad for the people that got killed and their families.. but one might ask were they part of this "illegal" racing? Since everyone that raced is getting charged with murder including the guy that called 3-2-1. I don't think murder will stick for any drivers. Of course if the drivers killed a pedestrian crossing the street then thats different. The spectators standing 2 feet on the side walk are also to blame.

Let me give you the legal analogy... Four men agree to rob the quick e mart.... Able will sit in the car as a getaway driver... Baker will stand outside as a lookout... Neither of them are armed. The other two, Charlie and David go into the quick e mart with unloaded handguns that they intend to scare Erik, the clerk with... Erik is scared at the sight of the firearms... So much so that he pulls out two MP5k sub machine guns and mows Charlie and David down like wet grass....

At the sound of the gunfire, Baker jumps into the getaway car and Able slams the accelerator crashing into a wall where both are arrested.

What result?

Black letter law- Able and baker are charged with the murder of their accomplices... Even though they had no firearms... They never went in the store... They were co-conspirators in an inherently dangerous crime(robbery).... And the death of a co conspirator is a likely and forseable outcome of such a conspiracy..

All the people at the illegal street race are co-conspiratos in the eye of the law... Just because the dead people aren't "innocent" does nothing to alleviate the criminal liability of the co conspirators... And the charge is whatever the result of the crime is... In this case, homicide... From a "reckless disregard" of the safety of others.

And the legal term for a homicide resulting from the reckless disregard for the safety of others, is called "murder" in the second degree...

Let me give you the legal analogy... Four men agree to rob the quick e mart.... Able will sit in the car as a getaway driver... Baker will stand outside as a lookout... Neither of them are armed. The other two, Charlie and David go into the quick e mart with unloaded handguns that they intend to scare Erik, the clerk with... Erik is scared at the sight of the firearms... So much so that he pulls out two MP5k sub machine guns and mows Charlie and David down like wet grass....

At the sound of the gunfire, Baker jumps into the getaway car and Able slams the accelerator crashing into a wall where both are arrested.

What result?

Black letter law- Able and baker are charged with the murder of their accomplices... Even though they had no firearms... They never went in the store... They were co-conspirators in an inherently dangerous crime(robbery).... And the death of a co conspirator is a likely and forseable outcome of such a conspiracy..

All the people at the illegal street race are co-conspiratos in the eye of the law... Just because the dead people aren't "innocent" does nothing to alleviate the criminal liability of the co conspirators... And the charge is whatever the result of the crime is... In this case, homicide... From a "reckless disregard" of the safety of others.

And the legal term for a homicide resulting from the reckless disregard for the safety of others, is called "murder" in the second degree...

Makes sense. They will make examples of these 2 drivers and guy calling 3-2-1. My thought process was say there is an underground dog fighting arena and the cops bust the place obviously the 2 owners of the dogs will get arrested but what happens to the 50 spectators they bust in on ? The spectators at these illegal races have some blame ? They are aware of the illegal race going down and show up...

Erik is scared at the sight of the firearms... So much so that he pulls out two MP5k sub machine guns and mows Charlie and David down like wet grass....

Erik sounds like a badass. I would like to meet him.

Makes sense. They will make examples of these 2 drivers and guy calling 3-2-1. My thought process was say there is an underground dog fighting arena and the cops bust the place obviously the 2 owners of the dogs will get arrested but what happens to the 50 spectators they bust in on ? The spectators at these illegal races have some blame ? They are aware of the illegal race going down and show up...

Depends on statute... California has made it a crime to engage in, observe, organize, attend, encourage, promote, aid, abbet, wager on, etc an illergal street race. (CVC 23109)

Im not sure if they have a similar code for spectators of dog fights... My gut says yes... (Edit- My gut is right... CPC $597C)

Any person who is knowingly present as a spectator at any

place, building, or tenement for an exhibition of animal fighting, or

who is knowingly present at that exhibition or is knowingly present

where preparations are being made for the acts described in

subdivision (a) or (B) of Section 597b, is guilty of a misdemeanor

punishable by imprisonment in a county jail for a period not to

exceed six months, or by a fine of five thousand dollars ($5,000), or

by both that imprisonment and fine.

I like the way that Romandad, sorry, I mean "Erik" has two MP5K sub machine guns hiding behind the counter.

Tell us another story dad :icon_mrgreen:

Note to self: Don't rob Quik E Mart in Kentucky

Tangentially related, this makes me want to have a go-pro running on the dash of any fast car I drive.

What about this scenario:

Me in (insert fast car here), dumb kid in camaro/mustang/ricer is next to you at a light, revving and obviously wanting to race. You don't engage him, but he takes off from the stoplight anyway, and summarily plows into the church youth group van.

Witnesses very well could see dipshit kid, me in fast expensive car, and automatically jump to the conclusion we must have been racing. They tell the cops that and it's their word against mine.

Might sound like a stretch but stranger things have happened, especially in CA.

I was reading that a major instigator for street racing in modern times was the movie The Fast and the Furious. Although a fun movie, it romanticized street racing and the amounts of illegal street racing shot up after the film.

Tangentially related, this makes me want to have a go-pro running on the dash of any fast car I drive.

Me in (insert fast car here), dumb kid in camaro/mustang/ricer is next to you at a light, revving and obviously wanting to race. You don't engage him, but he takes off from the stoplight anyway, and summarily plows into the church youth group van.

Witnesses very well could see dipshit kid, me in fast expensive car, and automatically jump to the conclusion we must have been racing. They tell the cops that and it's their word against mine.

:iamwithstupid:

Yes, I'd keep a camera on the car to prove I wasn't racing or anything.

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking about while I was driving today!

I think if you are in a Lambo or any other fast sports car when that scenario happens you would have zero credibility if trying to convince anyone that you weren't racing.

I never entertain anyone who comes beside me trying to get me to race them, I never understood the point of straight line racing.