Street Racing

HannibalACP82

I would absolutely have a GoPro or dedicated dash cam running in any exotic or fast car I own. Seems like chump change compared to the cost of the car or what could happen if the situation like the one above presented itself.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tangentially related, this makes me want to have a go-pro running on the dash of any fast car I drive.

What about this scenario:

Me in (insert fast car here), dumb kid in camaro/mustang/ricer is next to you at a light, revving and obviously wanting to race. You don't engage him, but he takes off from the stoplight anyway, and summarily plows into the church youth group van.

Witnesses very well could see dipshit kid, me in fast expensive car, and automatically jump to the conclusion we must have been racing. They tell the cops that and it's their word against mine.

Might sound like a stretch but stranger things have happened, especially in CA.

When you have the dipshit in the mustang, make it painfully clear to him, and anybody else watching, that YOU aren't racing... Take a second or too after the light changes before you pull away... Light gas on the peddle... Stay under the speed limit... Shift gears at 2000 Etc...

Remember. Most modern cars have an on board black box that will tell exactly what you were doing if you need it to...

Note to self: Don't rob Quik E Mart in Kentucky

I agree, they certainly lost that coin toss when deciding what store to rob. Lol