What Color is This Dress?

DrFuzzy

wife sees white and gold, i showed her the 2 pictures in the link she looked at each one for 15 secs or so and said its still white and gold..don't get it.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dress is too easy, here is my second test for you. What idividual colors has that banana. Answers on postcard please.

post-20201-1425257726_thumb.jpg

Well, not saying conditions do not exist which people's photo receptors are more sensitive to one spectrum as compared to another. Or brain conditions which alter the perception of colors.

We all see the same wavelengths, and can be, individually, more sensitive to different wavelengths of light. However, we can (mostly) all agree that when I see a red apple, the apple is what we call red, although a small portion of the population will see a different shade of red from the one I see.

However, we all see in the same wavelength, and we can generally agree that a verde ithica lambo is indeed verde ithica, not white and gold...or blue and black...shit :D

Holy crap, I just made a serious post about this. Its getting out of hand, lol. Signing off...its my birthday, time for some beer and oysters! :icon_pidu: :thefinger:

Happy Birthday bud!! :icon_pidu:

The dress IS blue and black... I saw white and gold until I went to that link and came back...

The magician got magician'd :icon_mrgreen:

This is a still image:

800px-Anomalous_motion_illusion1.png

You can see how an image is formed somewhere in there by how the white spots on each of the blue dots are in different areas depending on the dot. Some blue dots have the white on the bottom left, some on the bottom right, etc...

I hope everyone saying white and gold are trolling?!

What do you mean? I honestly only see white and gold.

What do you mean? I honestly only see white and gold.

But what the hell do you see actual white and gold as then? Whiter and golder?

The smudgy part on the blue and brown is a cut-out of the actual dress.

colorlesson.jpg

Placid, you can't get it unless you make a photoshop with gold and white background or make a white and gold dress and stare at it then look at the pic again.. maybe then you'd understand. When you go to the link and see it as blue and black, it's normal. But if you don't, if you just come to the thread it's gold and white. I can see both and can now switch between the two with a bit of effort, but it's not like you can say "see that color" if someone sees a different one.

But what the hell do you see actual white and gold as then? Whiter and golder?

The smudgy part on the blue and brown is a cut-out of the actual dress.

colorlesson.jpg

image.jpg

Still see gold and white.

Ok, dead topic. However, I just saw it in black and blue, but when I continued to look at it, it went back to white and gold...LOL this picture is amazing lol

Ok, dead topic. However, I just saw it in black and blue, but when I continued to look at it, it went back to white and gold...LOL this picture is amazing lol

It's all about how you go in envisioning it IMO. If you think it's just a dress in the shadows; you will see white and gold. If you think it's just a bad quality picture with terrible lighting; you will see blue and black. I can make myself see both by just altering the way I perceive it.