Out of sight, out of mind-Diablo GTR and other thoughts

LV Eric

I havent seen my Diablo GTR's in almost 2 years, I keep them in a storage and have a good friend keep them started, fresh gas etc for me.

I kinda fell out of the whole car thing a while back as some of you here know. My back problems were part of it for sure, now my back is fair, i can do the car thing in its present condition. I got my first Lambo in May 99-maybe early june. Had a Lambo ever since-once I had 7 at the same time.

A long time ago I decided I wanted a 50th anniversary Aventador. Since I owned 2 25th's(I sold one 2 years ago), a SE 30, and 2 Diablo GTR's I figured the 50th would be a good car, to put in the stable. So I got it in Nov of 13, I let it sit on the East Coast for 3 months until i shipped it to LA, I was in Europe or something and it wasnt on my mind. So my current inventory is a 25th(brand new never driven), SE30 blk/blk only blk/blk built for American market, the GTR's and a 50th. All pretty representations of each model of the car.

The 50th showed up, the greatest yellow paint in the world, I wish my Jetta was that color as well as my DropHead Rolls LOL, hell i'd paint my house that color if i could. Car had 43 miles on it, Now about a year later it has 309 miles on it, I put gas in it twice. I love the car in general, what I dont like is ewverything is cheap plastic shit. Look at the front bonnet latch(if you have one go look and you'll see some Yugo shit latch). I'm happy Audi is making $$$ but I blew $550K on a car with a $2 front latch-I'd pay $560K if all that cheap plastic shit dissapeared and was replaced with decent parts-this is just bolt on chinese shit.

Sure the car drives nice as its new technology, and the exterior design is great, I drove my Murci 15K miles, never liked how it looked, it was a wedge, no style. Less plastic bolt on shit.

With the recent explosion of exotic car prices a friend mentioned to me my cars are worth alot more now than before. Last summer I went to FL and Chicago in a 5 day period on that trip I got 3 calls from 3 unrelated people about my 25th Countach(with no miles-i've never started the car). That and my friend mentioning to me the cars are worth $ now got me thinking. I didnt see my cars for almost 2 years, I drove the 50th 250miles in a year(once on the freeway), perhaps I should cash in? Should I? Thats a serious question, any feed back i'd appericate

The other day I moved one GTR from the vault to my house, it had a quick stop over for a new battery(it died very recently), When I saw the flat bed off loading the car, I got a woodie. the 50th never did that to me. When it was off the truck I needed(and wanted to drive it arounfd the block and park it in the garage which is accessed behind my house). It only has 400kms on it, never tracked-the yellow one, the blue one runs much better and has been tracked.

I get the yellow car fired up, that aint easy-its cold blooded, Christ it sounded good, to me it sounds 10X better than the Aventador. No high pitched F-1 bullshit, it sounded like a Lambo a real fcuking Lambo. I forgot how much I liked that car, I drove it around the block-i'm sure i pissed off the entire neighborhood, i let it rip. fcuk'em. Yup a GTR on the street-i'll deal with the cops later lol.

The other GTR the blue one is still in the Vault, i'm going to deal with it later, they are miserable to drive as there is no climate control, insulation etc. But there aint any plastic shit either, the quality of the build is there. Same for the SE30(mine needs some paint work) and even the 25th, i looked at the metal chrome plated latch for the engine cover and it might cost $50 in today's market but Audi cant put that on a $500K car, WTF?!?!?

one that note the hurricane is a nice car, i'd like to have one. Sat in one the other day. For the price it's great value, where the aventador is too fcuking high for plastic shit.

those are my thoughts, it makes me sad audi has went the way it has saving $ on every possible thing. And I'm guilty I bought one.

Sell the 50th...keep the GTRs. As for the 25th...I'd sell only if you wanted the profit from it...seems to me that since you never drive it now is the time to cash out....but it also seems to me that you don't "need" the profit from it and might be happier just having it to have it.

My thought: sell 1 GT, the Countach and the Aventador; buy Pagani. Game over.

Think about it this way, if you sell the 25th or the GT you will NEVER see them ever again, for any amount of money.

Unless you can honestly say you're tired of tripping over them and even just seeing them isn't worth the hassle, you can't sell them.

Think about it this way, if you sell the 25th or the GT you will NEVER see them ever again, for any amount of money.

Unless you can honestly say you're tired of tripping over them and even just seeing them isn't worth the hassle, you can't sell them.

Agree with what emanon said; those are the keepers.

My thought: sell 1 GT, the Countach and the Aventador; buy Pagani. Game over.

funny you mention that, i didnt have time to finish ot edit my post, so its kinda ok very scattered.

what you said is exactly what i was thinking, the Aventador is ok, i have never driven the countach once-its brand new undriven so while its a high production car 684? units its kinda rare cause its new.

the pagani was exactly what i was thinking, they are art and everything else thats been said here a million times.

the SE30 i think has upside in a few more years.

I have no need to sell anything, its just a matter of having the best shit possible. I'm not in the mood to spend any additional $ on cars, just reorganize what I have.

thanks for your thought,

kindest regards

eric

Keep the Diablos, let me take the 50th off your hands, and then go for a Pagani :D

If you want the best of the best, Pagani is the route to go (Horacio did work with Lamborghini for 20 years), but they are small boutique operation that can afford to go that extra leap the big boys count. Since they don't have to worry too much about appeasing share holders they are more free to go all out. Not saying modern supercars are bad or cheap, but as everyone who has experienced a Pagani knows, they are operation an a higher level.

My 2 cents

I'll trade you my M5 for the 25th! :D I would trade/sell the GT if you have a GTR. Just my 2 cents!

Sounds like the cars are doing nothing for you except they turned into great investments. If you don't even enjoy having them in your garage to look at or drive the question in this scenario is when do you cash out. No one has a crystal ball on that but you have had a huge run up in the last couple years. If the money doesn't mean much and they aren't a pain in your ass to deal with then you might as well keep them as you do. I would spend the money to set them up at your home though so you can at least tinker with them and spend time with them when you want. They would at least provide an awesome back drop when hanging with the boys.

I'd sell them only if I'd need the money, otherwise why would you?

my $ is good, not what it was but i aint hurting. i was lucky i didnt lose it all, phew it was close in vegas a few years back.

i just forgot how much i loked the cars because i didnt see them for so long, i'm lucky to have a trusted friend who took perfect care of them.

what blows iss i dont have enought $ to get a house in Bev Hills with enough parking for them. my house is around 12 million and i have 2 spaces in my garage, there was a house on the market last year for 25M i loved, wow, it had 4 or 5 spaces. I wanted to buy the house next door(corner house) and knock it down and build a subterranean garage and a proper guest house but that would have cost me around 8M, no plan there either,

im moving to europe/kong kong pretty soon and when i figure that out i'm going to bring my cars with me-probably munich.

depending on how much i make on my house(80% chance) im going to have a pagani built for myself, i was there once in italy.

best eric

hi eric, havent heard from you in a long time. we met up with our se30s a few years back. Good to hear your back is much much better. God bless.

Def glad to hear you're out an about. Best of luck moving overseas! We gotta grab lunch before you take off.

One thing sure hasn't changed lol, Eric still writes like shit :icon_mrgreen: . Glad your back is better bro, take good care of it from now on, cars will always be around to enjoy.

You guys need to be more alert..Eric has been back for months and haven't left since..

I hope to see some pics of your collection again.. i agree with what fortis said..only sell if you need the money..or you hate the car and want nothing to do with it anymore.

Pagani is the way to go! no plastic for sure :D

hi eric, havent heard from you in a long time. we met up with our se30s a few years back. Good to hear your back is much much better. God bless.

i remember that day very well, we had a great time.

be great to see you again!

One thing sure hasn't changed lol, Eric still writes like shit :icon_mrgreen: . Glad your back is better bro, take good care of it from now on, cars will always be around to enjoy.

ya think?

i can talk like a mutha fucker but man i cant write.

i actually can write better now than a few years ago, i put a lot of time into it, the problem is it takes me forever to draft a good letter/post and i'm lazy.

thanks man that was funny, made me laugh.

So yesterday i drove the SE30 about 50 miles thats the most i drove it in 5? years, drives like its brand new, i forgot how much i like that car. i'm done with this new plastic shit, lets the kids enjoy it.

So yesterday i drove the SE30 about 50 miles thats the most i drove it in 5? years, drives like its brand new, i forgot how much i like that car. i'm done with this new plastic shit, lets the kids enjoy it.

:icon_thumleft: I'd be interested in the 50th.

The GTR sounds amazing. This is from Concorso back in 2006 (go to the 1:00 mark).

i was in Germany that year the video was shot 06 getting my back operation, i think the 1st one of 5-brutal

the car sounds like that today, it runs MUCH better than the yellow one, as the blue car has been broke in and driven(raced), the yellow one is still super tight and runs clold, loads up on fuel and it burns it off its a battle to drive, the blue car aint as hard to drive, but still takes "work", the SE30 is a SL550 compaired to the GTR's. The GT's drive wonderful, i screwed up not getting one when i had the chance.

i have the short gear boxes in both of them, i'd like to put the tall gears in the blue one.

i was in Germany that year the video was shot 06 getting my back operation, i think the 1st one of 5-brutal

the car sounds like that today, it runs MUCH better than the yellow one, as the blue car has been broke in and driven(raced), the yellow one is still super tight and runs clold, loads up on fuel and it burns it off its a battle to drive, the blue car aint as hard to drive, but still takes "work", the SE30 is a SL550 compaired to the GTR's. The GT's drive wonderful, i screwed up not getting one when i had the chance.

i have the short gear boxes in both of them, i'd like to put the tall gears in the blue one.

Would you be able to get the yellow a "street tune" to make it less of a hassle to drive on the street?

In regards to the topic, I would keep the GTRs and Countach, off the 50th. You will be able to get another one relatively easy in the coming years unlike the GTRs and the Countach.

You are short on garage space, possible short on time to enjoy and drive the cars, and dislike the new modern plastic shit.

Sell the Aventador 50th

Keep the Contact 25th, Diablo SE30, and your two Diablo GT-Rs.

If you want to minimize the hassle and cut down, sell the yellow Diablo GT-R too.

Two very different beast road cars & one beast track Diablo. Win.

You are short on garage space, possible short on time to enjoy and drive the cars, and dislike the new modern plastic shit.

Sell the Aventador 50th

Keep the Contact 25th, Diablo SE30, and your two Diablo GT-Rs.

If you want to minimize the hassle and cut down, sell the yellow Diablo GT-R too.

Two very different beast road cars & one beast track Diablo. Win.

yes! this

i would sell 50th and yellow GTR

may be add a murcielago SV or an other diablo model you do not have (SV, GT, roadster, 6.0...) since i think you, as me, like more the old lambos