Have Diablo Prices started to Move

snakchmr

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Koenig928 is an idiot, no reason to bother speaking with him. Andecorp, as far as I know, no Diablo Sv came with factory carbon fiber interior.

Funny enough I was in a dealership and stumbled upon this gem today... It is MINT! But so damn expensive.

Diablo's have definitely taken off as of late. Wonder where it stops...

http://www.jamesedition.com/cars/lamborghi...for-sale-958113

Will don't forget, this is a GT 1 of only 79 built. I have car #74, the one built right after this one. Same color as well. MOST were 1999 cars, I think from car #68 to #79 were the 2000 year build. 80 were actually built, but one was totaled and the factory delivery driver and the new customer died in the accident on delivery day. There is also one still at the factory, so really only 78 made it out to the public.

Will don't forget, this is a GT 1 of only 79 built. I have car #74, the one built right after this one. Same color as well. MOST were 1999 cars, I think from car #68 to #79 were the 2000 year build. 80 were actually built, but one was totaled and the factory delivery driver and the new customer died in the accident on delivery day. There is also one still at the factory, so really only 78 made it out to the public.

What do you think about the price? Doesn't include 21% VAT...

Do you think this could be a good investment and this car can go up in the next 2-3 years?

Koenig928 is an idiot, no reason to bother speaking with him. Andecorp, as far as I know, no Diablo Sv came with factory carbon fiber interior.

Mine did. It's on the original order spec sheet. Everything factory fitted (door skins, interior sills, dash, console):

post-1512-1435671410_thumb.jpg

post-1512-1435671454_thumb.jpg

Mine did. It's on the original order spec sheet. Everything factory fitted (door skins, interior sills, dash, console):

Beautiful!!

Agreed, it is an epic Bull. Now... if only the steering wheel was on the "right" side of the car :D

Beautiful!!

after owning 2 diablos in the past ,i do want to get another one down the road 99 vt or 01 ,will see what goes on with prices late this year and beginning of 2016

• 2 weeks later...

Here in Switzerland you can buy Diablos for about 100k CHF or about USD 105'000.

Same with Maserati Merak, Alfa Montreal, Lamborghini Urraco... prices are now more under pressure.

Here in Switzerland you can buy Diablos for about 100k CHF or about USD 105'000.

Same with Maserati Merak, Alfa Montreal, Lamborghini Urraco... prices are now more under pressure.

Really Flück? Showme the ads where to buy ? I want a few.

WTF is that abomination ?

Not exactly a great example to back up your claim, and every other Diablo on there is substantially more expensive..

Diablos cost about 100.000CHF? Flueck you are nuts

That 92 looks more like a kitcar. 'Better' looking than a standard one maybe, everyone knows everything but standard takes a lot away from the value. Call it 100 times Evolution or whatever. Thats not a Diablo anymore. Interior not original. Affolter bodykit etc etc 'Diablos cost 100k' is bullshit. ,

And prices are certainly not under pressure as you say. Prices are going nuts in Europe. And there is a reason for that.

WTF is that abomination ?

Not exactly a great example to back up your claim, and every other Diablo on there is substantially more expensive..

LOL... What you dont want a 70,000KM Affolter abomination for 100k? LOL

Pristine 1991 Diablos have sold for 200k...

Here is an accident history 98 SV with 55,000km already at $150K... with several days left at auction.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lamborghini-Diablo...em=281754332525

Here is the same car with only 5600km. Im told $300k is what it will take to buy it. Last time on Ebay it went to $225k..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lamborghini-Diablo...em=391206457656

I would like to add to the OP's question - May I ask what has caused the price of these cars 98 - 2001 to go up so dramatically in the last few months? Last year if I remember correctly a 98 Diablo well kept would fetch 140 - 150, now the prices have doubled if not more. I see the 94-96 VTs are hovering around 140 now not as much of an increase. There is a 98 SV on ebay that the gent is asking 360K. I know you can ask what you want, but is this reality of what the market is pushing for these end of design years? I have a 98 Monterey Edition #5 with just about 13K miles and I sure hope this is true. I sure hope the market experts will chime in i.e. Roy Cats

I GOT TO CHIME IN ON THIS ONE , EVERYONE IS GOING CRAZY OVER THE PRICES OF THE DIABLO, THE REALITY IS THAT A DIABLO WAS A $300K CAR TO BEGIN !!!!! WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS ICONIC CAR YIELDING STICKER PRICE WHEN MOST INVESTMENT CARS ARE WAY OVER .. A 69 CAMARO MSRP $8000 NOW BRINGS $30 TO WHAT EVER A FORD GT IS DOUBLE STICKER PRICE AND 4300 WERE BUILT, SO WHAT S CRAZY ABOUT ANY OF THESE PRICES , THE PROBLEM IS PEOPLE WERE ASLEEP FOR YEARS ON ALL OF THESE CARS , CONTACT ME DIRECTLY THE GRAPH OF APPRECIATION ON THESE CARS IS ACTUALLY COMICAL !!!!!!

IF ANYONE IS LOOKING TO SELL ANY OF THE 80'S -90'S LAMBOS OR ANY CAR FOR THAT MATTER CALL ME I USUALLY BUY THE FUTURE OF THE CAR AND HAVE NO PROBLEM HOLDING THEM !!!!!!! SORRY FOR CAPS, I OLD

IMG_5210.JPG

For all those who want to sell the Diablos YOU BET THE PRICES ARE GOING THROUGH THE ROOF.....

For all those who want to buy the car...... well then buy them since these babies are soo rare well buy them.... There are over 14 Diablos currently on ebay and some that have been for sale for years.... Some that are less then $140K

Please buy them PLEASE..... make these inventory smaller..... Make them more rare... Make mine more rare..... Please buy them....... They are an investment....

They will go way up in value....... Buy them please....... Don't wait any sec

• 2 weeks later...

Beautiful and to die for :icon_thumleft:

• 5 weeks later...

sold my 98 sv 2 years ago at a such a low price and it didnt have too much interest in the car, now diffrent story .sold my 94 vt for 75k long time ago .they deserve to go up but in 2 years from what they are now crazy .

LOL... What you dont want a 70,000KM Affolter abomination for 100k? LOL

Pristine 1991 Diablos have sold for 200k...

Here is an accident history 98 SV with 55,000km already at $150K... with several days left at auction.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lamborghini-Diablo...em=281754332525

Here is the same car with only 5600km. Im told $300k is what it will take to buy it. Last time on Ebay it went to $225k..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lamborghini-Diablo...em=391206457656

FYI..... That Diablo never sold then was relisted few times again and only hit $116K....... I am sure we will see it again on ebay (probably more often they one thinks) The other one you mentioned also never sold and was back on ebay multiple times. And of course its been relisted on ebay....... Consider looking at its bid history........

Lets all be realistic about our Bulls rather then dream and swim in the bull$hit.......

If I was selling my Diablo..... I rather it moved at a decent price rather then just be a Garage queen or a ebay queen and sitting in my garage doing nothing in hopes it sells for a better price. Again I bought the Bull to drive and enjoy and not to make money........

Just my .5c (sorry ex took half and the remaining half goes to support kids ;)............... )

CCIE

FYI..... That Diablo never sold then was relisted few times again and only hit $116K....... I am sure we will see it again on ebay (probably more often they one thinks) The other one you mentioned also never sold and was back on ebay multiple times. And of course its been relisted on ebay....... Consider looking at its bid history........

Lets all be realistic about our Bulls rather then dream and swim in the bull$hit.......

If I was selling my Diablo..... I rather it moved at a decent price rather then just be a Garage queen or a ebay queen and sitting in my garage doing nothing in hopes it sells for a better price. Again I bought the Bull to drive and enjoy and not to make money........

Just my .5c (sorry ex took half and the remaining half goes to support kids ;)............... )

CCIE

If you say so.. I dont care if mine is worth 100k, or 500k, I will still drive and enjoy mine the same way.