6.0 Brakes

Auraraptor

I have seen conflicting information regarding the brakes on the 6.0..namely:

-Whether they are different then late SV

-Whether they are 365mm or 355mm

Digging through the parts manual (0031016759), it seems that:

The PN matches both the late SV, GT, and early Murci

- No direct mention of the size, so I am likely going to measure myself when I get a hold of a set.

The size is important as if they are 355, they likely can be replaced directly from Brembo using their aftermarket GT kit parts for a fraction of the cost.

Checking PNs, it seems the rear brakes ALSO cross over with the same set of cars for EURO cars (late SV, GT, and early Murci...0032016285)...but US cars the PN is 0032006308....hmm

Also, does anyone have the generic Brembo PN for the front/rear brake pads? Thanks

They are 355mm, same as the early Murci.

I heard that the Lambo bolt pattern is different than the standard GT bolt pattern (for the hat and rotor), but I don't have any actual confirmation of that. I do have a set of used early Murci rotors lying around and could call Brembo this week and verify. If anyone's interested, let me know.

I heard that the Lambo bolt pattern is different than the standard GT bolt pattern (for the hat and rotor), but I don't have any actual confirmation of that. I do have a set of used early Murci rotors lying around and could call Brembo this week and verify. If anyone's interested, let me know.

I tried to do further research on this and I can't seem to get a definitive answer on my end. Would it be possible to? Though I am not sure Brembo would be so forth coming....

Are they 355x32mm or 355x34mm? I think their aftermarket GT kits only came in 32mm for that size.

• 8 months later...

I'm trying to answer this question right now.

I have a std 6.0 ... which appears to have the 355mm front rotors. These come in two pieces, floating disc and the hat. All I want to do is replace the floating discs - surely it can't be hard to find a replacement hat to fit these. Isn't that what they were originally designed for?

If your floating disc is the same, can you put a pic up of the used set? I assume they are drilled ... any cracks ... ? Much wear? Do you still have them? How many miles had the car done on those discs.

I don't see why we should be paying $1500+ per rotor when in fact we only need the new floating disc.

Also - does anyone have the exact part number for a 6.0 Brembo 355mm floating rotor?.

I'll take one off and have a look and pull it apart if no one has it to hand.

Thoughts.

Cheers

Andre

What I'm trying to find out is the Brembo part number for the replacement rotors. I don't want to change the hats, they're fine ...

These were designed to just replace the discs ... so surely that should be quite easy. I see lots of 355x32mm discs ... but don't know if they will fit.

Are these brembo rotor discs used on any other car? Surely we can just order the discs if we have the part number.

• 1 month later...
sorry a little late to this..

MY98/99 car disc info.. (same as 6.0 above)

Does anyone have any connections with Brembo ... I can't believe such an easy question is so hard to answer.

So a full replacement is 355mmx32mm ... what about other brands? Is there an offset I need to worry about, or will they just work when seated on the hub? I searched for dBA (Disk Brakes Australia) but nothing there ...

Surely it can't be this hard to put a set of new rotors on my car? I don't want to do the pads or fluids until the rotors are sorted.

All my other cars are simple to replace the rotors ...

Just found Stoptech are big on kits at 355x32 ... but what about just the rotors ... surely once you've got the kit you just need the rotors replaced every 30k ish?

I'm working with Brembo on a GT kit for the Diablo/early Murci. I will ask about rotors next time I meet with them.

Perfect thanks ...

I'm happy with the brakes ... and don't want to fork out for kits and bigger stuff ... I just want to replace the hats ... really shouldn't be hard should it ... I would even buy a few sets ... drilled, slotted ... just to try the differences.

:-D

Nick,

What will the difference be between the kit you're working on with them and the ones that are already listed on ebay?

The kit they currently have is for a 405mm rotor, which doesn't fit under an 18" wheel. I'm working with them to create a kit which fits under a Hermera or Hercules wheel.

• 3 weeks later...

OK ... so I've been doing some more digging ... I now am getting close to absolutely needing my new rotors.

http://www.girodisc.com/Girodisc-355mm-x-3...ing_p_6580.html

Apparently Girodisc make a perfect replacement rotor ring to fit a 355mm x 32mm brembo/stoptech hat.

Has anyone tried these on the standard brembo hats? It all sounds ideal and exactly what I was looking for ... ??

Anyone??

Can anyone from Girodisc confirm or deny?

Also just found these ....

https://www.zeckhausen.com/Brembo/Consumables.htm

Also come in a nice 355x32 Brembo replacement rotor rings at $335 each. Much much much more reasonable.

Anyone know or have used these guys. So there do seem to be some options after all...

So David from Zackhausen says these don't fit our proprietary hats ... I don't get how hard this is ... something about the bolt holes on the StopTech are oval to allow for expansion ... but he said on the rotor rings ... so if the hats have the same bolt holes and are circular - surely they will fit?

What I'm trying to work out is if everyone is on a con-job trying to get us to buy their systems, or if Brembo genuinely made a specific one-off design for the discs (rotors and hats) that's so unique nothing else fits and they don't supply the rotor rings at reasonable cost either.

Sounds too stupid to me ...

I've discovered DBA do this size ... I might just take off a disc and go to a DBA supplier and try one ... T3 5000 in 355mm x 32mm ... something about a 50.2mm depth ... I think that's the hat depth maybe?

Am in the only one using my car hard enough to require new brakes ... ???

• 2 weeks later...

Update for those who want to take this time to update their brakes. A Brembo GT kit with 6 piston caliper and 380mm rotor (to fit under an 18" wheel) are available. PM me for details.

I will join in a group buy too...

Also, do you have piston sizes? I want to calculate out the brake bias with the factory rears.

I do not have the piston size of the 6-Piston Monobloc Caliper being used in the 380mm GT System at this time, but it matches the stock master cylinder. Since Brembo made the factory brakes for the car, they have proper bias & balance with the bigger units.

Here is a Porsche 997 GT3 6 piston caliper (Brembo) vs. the Brembo GT 6 piston caliper. You can see the size difference in the body to accomodate the bigger pistons.

sharkwerks_porsche_997gt3_brembo_GT_brak

There is also a 4 piston Brembo GT rear caliper upgrade available. Again, compared with 997 GT3 4 piston caliper.

sharkwerks_porsche_997gt3_brembo_GT_brak