6.0 Brakes

Auraraptor

OK ... so I've been doing some more digging ... I now am getting close to absolutely needing my new rotors.

http://www.girodisc.com/Girodisc-355mm-x-3...ing_p_6580.html

Apparently Girodisc make a perfect replacement rotor ring to fit a 355mm x 32mm brembo/stoptech hat.

Has anyone tried these on the standard brembo hats? It all sounds ideal and exactly what I was looking for ... ??

Anyone??

Can anyone from Girodisc confirm or deny?

Looking around their site I found this.. Murcielago replacements - early (same as 99 onwards diablo) and late LP640

http://www.girodisc.com/Rotors_c_929.html

So David from Zackhausen says these don't fit our proprietary hats ... I don't get how hard this is ... something about the bolt holes on the StopTech are oval to allow for expansion ... but he said on the rotor rings ... so if the hats have the same bolt holes and are circular - surely they will fit?

What I'm trying to work out is if everyone is on a con-job trying to get us to buy their systems, or if Brembo genuinely made a specific one-off design for the discs (rotors and hats) that's so unique nothing else fits and they don't supply the rotor rings at reasonable cost either.

Sounds too stupid to me ...

Am in the only one using my car hard enough to require new brakes ... ???

From what I gathered when looking for rotors years ago, the bolt pattern of the ring is Lambo specific. Good way for Lamborghini to make people go through the dealer vs. finding their own parts. FYI, there are a lot of different style mounts for the ring/hats, so it's not outrageous that there is a Lambo specific mount.

A perk to the BBK (aside from better braking) is being able to replace just the rotor rings in the future.

Looking around their site I found this.. Murcielago replacements - early (same as 99 onwards diablo) and late LP640

http://www.girodisc.com/Rotors_c_929.html

Yes, I had found the Girodiscs and they were US$1500 for a front set and US$1200 for a rear set. My issue is shipping will be ridiculous on those. Anyone coming to Australia for a holiday soon and want to bring a set of rotors over??

:D

• 3 years later...

Can i ask ?  Do i understand correctly, the Girodisc disc doesn't fit the original hat ?  But  the Giro hat+disc DO fit ???   Then why does it show no compatibility with the 1999 Diablo on their website ?

Is there any news about this already ?  Does somebody know if there is a separate aftermarket disc available, or, does the Girodisc fit a late Diablo ?   

• 1 month later...
On 3/14/2020 at 5:56 AM, lamboservice said:

Can i ask ?  Do i understand correctly, the Girodisc disc doesn't fit the original hat ?  But  the Giro hat+disc DO fit ???   Then why does it show no compatibility with the 1999 Diablo on their website ?

Is there any news about this already ?  Does somebody know if there is a separate aftermarket disc available, or, does the Girodisc fit a late Diablo ?   

Correct, the Giro rotor ring will not fit the OEM hat. But you are able to buy replacement rotor rings once you purchase the complete Giro rotor assembly. 

If I'm wrong, someone please correct me. But I believe all 95+ Diablo's (and 02/03 Murci) with Brembo brakes utilize the same rotors and pads.