Z06: 7:40 Nurburgring

lambozan

Thats right I am a POS fan. I have been lurking here never posted as I am not one to cause s!$t. My forum name here(lambozan) is actually the name of a troll who was visiting one of the forums I frequent.

Apparently a German magazine that just came out has written a time of 7:40 around the ring, which is with the crappy run-flats on.

If anybody cares, I am sure there are not many, digitalcorvettes has a thread going as well as Corvetteforum and Z06vette.

Not here to cause crap, I know the relationship between car guys are not always friendly but I come in peace. :supz:

Lambozan(not really)

Oh by the way I got my flame suit on and will be interested in any replies. As most will want to see proof of this, I am sorry but I don't have any yet. When I get a copy of the mag I will post it if all is well and good. As I said I am not here to cause s#$t and will not reply at all to this thread.

Have a good weekend

1. The Plastic mess-06's run flats are not crappy. They've come a long way and the specific model the Plastic mess-06 comes equipped with are equivalent to the P-Zero Rossa street tires on current F and L-cars in terms of dry grip/brakeing threshold.

2. The time is where it should be for a 500hp/500ft/lbs. car that weighs 3,150lbs.

3. A Murcielago clocked a 7:43 with a far worse power to weight ratio.

4. If it's not a Blue Devil, I don't want it. Every hillbilly under the sun can buy a Plastic mess-06, which looks just like a C6, which is literally everywhere. Boring.

5. Good car within reason. Not something I'd pay anywhere near $70k for, despite its performance, don't care for the cheap build quality/materials used.

Will be great buying them in three years for $35k and say 10k miles on them, just for the reason of it being a great disposable track car. No need to even insure it with that little cost, you ball it up, who cares it was just $35k. It's the proverbial Bic razor of sportscars, with the plastic body to prove it lol.

Thanks for the post, was interested in just where the Plastic mess-06 would come down in terms of Nordschleiffe times. Appreciate it.

Maco, I have to take exception to #4. Not many hillbillies can afford 70K for a POS.

That's true, but it's just not visually distinctive enough for me. Even car guys like us can't tell a Plastic mess-06 from a stock C6 without really taking a hard look at it.

I'm hoping that the Blue Devil, if it even gets made, will sport a much more aggresive aero package, maybe some bits from the C6-R program...

I bet a lot of people will get into car accidents in this car. It has a lot of HP and will be sold to the masses. The average driver I see on the road isn't smart enough to handle a car that can hit 60 in 3.9 seconds. They will be crashing out constantly.

If anybody cares, I am sure there are not many, digitalcorvettes has a thread going as well as Corvetteforum and Z06vette.

Ehh... Nobody Cares.

-James Miller

I really dont care until about 3years from now when the price drops to about 39k then its a steal. Im not paying 70k for a chevy thats SRT-10 price range.

C6 Plastic mess-06, with 10k miles, being $35k in 3 years???

Would be nice, but doubt it. Don't think you could get a C5 Plastic mess-06 with 10k miles, '02 model for that price, can you?

C6 Plastic mess-06, with 10k miles,  being $35k in 3 years???  

Would be nice, but doubt it. Don't think you could get a C5 Plastic mess-06 with 10k miles, '02 model for that price, can you?

You can, easily. Even less. And the best part is that the usual first owner was a die-hard Corvette/Chevy dyed-in-the-wool fanboy, who babied the hell out of it, personally hand detailed it, never drove it in the rain etc.

Some of these Plastic mess-06 owners make even F-car guys look "wreckless" in the care of their cars. :mrgreen:

Thanks for keeping it cherry for me Bubba! LOL

they say that the 7:40 time was a Blue devil.. not a Plastic mess-06..

It was just AutoWeek's staff making assumptions that as usual, they're not qualified to make. One of their $30k-a-year hacks saw the 7:40 time, and figured it must be something on the Supercar level, but it was simply a blue, stock, C6 Plastic mess-06.

The Blue Devil probably doesn't even exist in mule form. Disappointing.

Every hillbilly under the sun can buy a Plastic mess-06, which looks just like a C6, which is literally everywhere. Boring.

Good point. That's the only "exotic" you expect to see in a place St Paul, which is GREATLY deprived of exotics, and it gets really boring. I saw a Plastic mess-06 and had to get close to it to confirm it. '05 Saleen Mustangs are a better sight......

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...ssPageName=WDVW

Here is a perfect 2002 for 32K found it in 30 seconds. 17k miles car, Plastic mess-06 are coming down hard. Still a great track car :mrgreen:

You can, easily. Even less. And the best part is that the usual first owner was a die-hard Corvette/Chevy dyed-in-the-wool fanboy, who babied the hell out of it, personally hand detailed it, never drove it in the rain etc.

Some of these Plastic mess-06 owners make even F-car guys look "wreckless" in the care of their cars. :mrgreen:

Thanks for keeping it cherry for me Bubba! LOL

<-stupid