Texas invitational Thread (April 10th-12th) 2015

avengerr

I don't think my car is going to be ready for TI. I was going for the 175 class. We tried 67s and it was way too much power. We tried 62s last night and still too much power. We are not really sure how to go that slow 175 or less.

mix 1/2 93 octane with 1/2 MS109. Add 20lbs boost.

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its on cobb and struggles from a roll (hit).

Ill take Duhawks bet. UG has to win the KOTS vs Anyone for 250$

You guys have to understand , yes there will be a lot of GTRs, but what GTR was even close to Omeggaa 's 201. See thats where i think we have a problem. Tony is bringing a car this not even done yet! I mean its really 1 GTR that has a chance.. and if it breaks, I am done.

A 2R alone can win TI. Duhawks races ANYONE else in the last Ti and he destroys them. Only 1 car had a chance. So IMO I think UG will win this based off a min of 4 X cars will be there and some nasty R8's. This is UG's race to lose. Even if 1 or 2 break or knock each other out they will be fine. If omegaa loses 1 race it over for me.lol

I agree. Seems like a lot of untested gtrs coming into this one. If a 2r gets the luck of the draw it could win easy.

Hopefully everyone's car works and we see some great racing!!

Don't be fooled, there are 6+ GTR's coming with 2K + WHP along with other Lambos making the same from other tuners. Not only that, a very fast Porsche is attending, maybe two. Competition is very strong this year. We have some 2Rs and not sure there will be more than one X. We are working today trying to get all cars ready to go (new builds) Just remember, just because a Gallardo has a dogbox doesn't mean it's a X version. All our Gallardos will be on street tires, so watch how u bet.

I always take someone with a fast car but who has the most experience in their car....

I'll take mullet this year :) No pressure Mullet!!

Don't be fooled, there are 6+ GTR's coming with 2K + WHP along with other Lambos making the same from other tuners. Not only that, a very fast Porsche is attending, maybe two. Competition is very strong this year. We have some 2Rs and not sure there will be more than one X. We are working today trying to get all cars ready to go (new builds) Just remember, just because a Gallardo has a dogbox doesn't mean it's a X version. All our Gallardos will be on street tires, so watch how u bet.

I can count 2 X versions. One Mullets and one your shop car. Won't bob helms car be in attendance?

I always take someone with a fast car but who has the most experience in their car....

I'll take mullet this year :) No pressure Mullet!!

What odds would you give me on UGR vs GT-Rs

I think it would be a shame if UGR comes without its full arsenal. This is supposed to be the proving grounds for tuner cars and it would just be disappointing if UGR has to come without top cars due to time/completion issues.

Sounds good. Anyone else that wants to bet just PM me.

Just confirm the 250$ . So there is no confusion.

Avenger, UG will have at least 10 cars that can win the whole thing. Couple of X , selfish nasty r8. And all other cars making over 2000hp. Not sure what you mean not ready .lol.

Once you make 2000 , it's really down to the driver . We know Kevin has taught all the drivers to use a silent count lol and ask for forgiveness if the jump to hard.hehe

J/k ;-)

Dog box seemed to do really well in Bobs car on that 234 half mile pass.

Yeah making the power has never been UGRs problems. Hell. They still running around on 888s, oem wheels, and factory curb weight plus the weight of the turbo system.

Gtrs have to gut the car, fill the block, run 15 inch wheel, drag wing, small brakes, no exhaust, and etc to run with the big boy lambos.

I appreciate what the GTR is doing rhough. Makes the hobby a lot of fun. Would be boring with no one to race.

Going through some old posts, UGR made 1930 whp + back in 2011-2012. That was in an orange lambo prepping for the Texas mile. So I believe some of their cars make 2300+.

Time will tell on the dog boxes.

The weight of the lambo and GTR is the biggest excuse I've ever heard. I want to bring some scales to TI.

I bet you a 2r or x version lambo with a driver is 3700-3800s. There are some shop gtrs that weigh less with the driver. ETS with driver is under 3800. I bet you ASS omegahhhh and Gidi are less with driver.

My 570 weighed 3450 stock with no driver. Don't believe the curb weights from lambo. They lie. My r8 with a aftermarket exhaust was 3650 with no driver and empty on fuel.

Dynos can read differently.

UR's 181 MPH trap speed in Ray's car requires about 1620 crank HP at 3500# or 1712 crank at 3700#. A far cry from 1930 RWHP which at a generous 15% driveline loss makes for 2270 crank HP.

At the TX2K15 roll race, the UR 2R's trapped 186-187 MPH on the videos and I saw another went 194 MPH. The ETS car trapped 205 MPH on a prepped dragstrip. Hard to compare to UR's X that indexed 201 last year on different surface traction coefficients and different tracks.

I wish Mullet all the best with both his X and FGT! I hope he wins, but it's not going to be easy or a slam dunk in any way. Exciting to say the least!

How much power you think it took to go 234 on an unprepped asphalt with 888s.....

I agree with you on everything!

Gidi is like a jockey in that GTR! Perfect guy to keep the weight down on a heavy car as compared to the Lambo having to carry a big guy like Stacy Barnett.

His car will be fast. It's nothing but CF lol.

I was around 240-250 last TI. Stuffed in my lambo lol. My shit probably weighed 2 tons with me in it lol

A lot especially with how slow the shifts were and how many gears had to be shifted!

As fas as the 888's comment is concerned, why not run stickier tires if you could without breaking driveline parts? Why do you guys always bring up you did it usnig a "handicapping" tire?

It's like why would I run 50 psi when I can run 20 to win. Just haven't had to make aggressive changes like the gtrs have.

Gtrs are pushing UGR no doubt though. TI will be one hell of a shoot out. Who ever wins has one hell of car to make that many passes with as much power as it takes to win.

If you can't have enough self confidence to post under your real name you will never win any races lol.

I don't get why anyone has a AE. People just scared.

It is irrelevant who I am.

Sure is. Because you don't race and we don't know who you are. So your pretty irrelevant.