Lincoln Continental

Chipster

Lincoln Continental 2016

Saw this today on a few sites. Think it looks really, really good and if it is sub 100k, I would think this would sell really well! If it had the old suicide doors ala Rolls Royce and the old Lincoln's, I would say it is perfect. But still would buy this over any Benz....

Well someone just talked himself out of participating in my imaginary lady parties in the backseat.

I prefer the country girl parties in the bed of the f350. A big truck will get them wet.

Looks like a CGT slept with an A8L. Looks alright. They need something that will guide the rest of the line up that is a bit more original. Introducing a car as a concept like this and sticking a 3.0 V6 in it is just more par for the course for Lincoln.

I hope so. That's what's next!

Make sure its lifted so it keeps the fat chicks out :icon_mrgreen:

Exterior looks pretty good but as mentioned, very similar to the Spur. No one, and I mean no one that didn't fight Germans in a war, would chose that over "any Benz."

It looks like a step up from the current offerings...but the style looks almost too derivative and slightly rounded Audi-esque. I would most definately note choose it over the current MB offerings...I think MB is finally on point after almost a decade of 'meh' styling (save few exceptions).

FWIW, the 2002 concept with a reworked front end of the new car would have been much better IMHO.

Oh and the interior could use some more chrome /sarcasm

Exterior looks pretty good but as mentioned, very similar to the Spur. No one, and I mean no one that didn't fight Germans in a war, would chose that over "any Benz."

I got lost with all the double negatives.

Same price as a S65, then sure the Benz might win. Same price as a loaded S550, it might still go to the Benz. But if this car is quite a bit cheaper, it would be a no brainer. I'm not even going to compare to a Bentley or Rolls...that's like apples and kiwi

I got lost with all the double negatives.

Me too. I think he meant that Lincoln isn't not anti-semetic?

To me this car would be WAY better with the classic suicide doors. Can't believe that part of the bloodline was omitted.

Me too. I think he meant that Lincoln isn't not anti-semetic?

To me this car would be WAY better with the classic suicide doors. Can't believe that part of the bloodline was omitted.

Been a while since the towncar had suecide doors. I do agree they'd be cooler though.

Maybe we can start a petition or a new company that makes door conversion kits. Copyrightying this now.

No Chip, no Lambo doors in your town car.

There's an inherent bias against Lincoln and Cadillac in the modern day US market that IMO will never go away if they play it safe and push "their style" onto consumers. It's not 1976 anymore when owning a Caddy or Lincoln was at least as cool as owning a Benz and certainly cooler than owning a BMW.

You can't out Benz/Audi/BMW, and shouldn't have to.

Probably the only formula here is to go pure retro. It's worked brilliantly for the Mustang, Camaro, and Challenger.

Imagine if Ford attempted to make it's own BMW 3/4 series? LOL.

They need to make a modern day '66 Continental convertible, and call it a day.

Maybe have it ready for an Entourage sequel if there is one, and you're golden.

Caught a few minutes of that silly movie "The Man" the other day with Samuel L Jackson. The Cadillac Coupe DeVille he was driving was in mint condition.....that would be a sick car to bring back if done right.

it looks like the VW phaeton to me

VW-4-plu-gin.jpg

The only thing "wrong" with the Phaeton is the badge on the grille.

It would have been a tremendous seller for Audi.

The Japanese knew 25 years ago that to go upscale in the US they had to create Lexus/Infiniti/Acura.

Even Daimler felt the need to resurrect Maybach to be able to compete with RR & Bentley.

Bugatti wakes up from a 70 year hibernation and immediately can sell million dollar cars.

America is an insanely status conscious country like no other.

The only thing "wrong" with the Phaeton is the badge on the grille.

It would have been a tremendous seller for Audi.

The Japanese knew 25 years ago that to go upscale in the US they had to create Lexus/Infiniti/Acura.

Even Daimler felt the need to resurrect Maybach to be able to compete with RR & Bentley.

Bugatti wakes up from a 70 year hibernation and immediately can sell million dollar cars.

I hear ya.. i was gonna pick one up as a DD but they stopped making em in 06 and thats just getting a little old for me to DD

I disagree with this statement. The desire for status symbol Luxury goods is worldwide.

I disagree with this statement. The desire for status symbol Luxury goods is worldwide.

You're right.

What I was alluding to is that it seems that on the issue of branding, it's a bigger deal in America than most countries -- certainly Japan which carried on with the Honda (not Acura) NSX and no Lexus/Infiniti to my knowledge. I don't know if a Honda NSX would have succeeded in the US.

I guess the Skyline was so entrenched as a cult car, it didn't have to be an Infiniti (although it's a good discussion on whether it should have been).

I like this "concept" I saw online not too long ago. It looks RRish but a few tweaks and I think it would sell like hotcakes if they followed through with the suicide doors and the retro theme.

Lincoln_Continental_Concept.jpg

I would like that too. I should have mentioned that I was more so into the interior design than exterior. Retro exterior with that interior would be perfect.