570s more beautiful than P1?

g-force

Looks worse than the 650S, let alone the P1. I don't like the new design direction that Mclaren is following.

P1 was fine. This is not.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I find the 650S rather bland it at least looks OK. I really don't care for this car at all. Can't quite put my finger on what it is exactly that looks off to me.

I read that all that carbon fiber that you saw, is not standard equipment .... That display car had all the bells and whistles.

I wonder if the IRUS works this time around. I heard NH4 already signed up for a used one 5 years down the road. Hehehe.

depending on sales price... should be a home run IMHO

:iamwithstupid:

BTW my iris works perfect in both my 12c and 650s. never had any issues.

If this is competition with the 911 it's a winner IMO, I'd have one over any 911 on offer, I also think it looks better than the 650S, a LOT better!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

If they had brought this car out at this price point first they would have done well I think

+1. I like the car, but have no idea who came up with their marketing/product development cycle for the 12C/650/675/570. It seems as though no one put much thought into it. I can't imagine how this doesn't make the already brutal depreciation on the 12C's even worse.

McLaren's strategy is baffling. Range is way too similar in look, performance and intent. "I have the McLaren with the carbon chassis, 3.8L TT V8, 7-speed DCT and flip up doors that goes 200 mph!" "Would that be the $200k one, the $300k one, the $400k one or the $1.2 million one?" This definitely should have been first.

Miller Motorcars has 11 new 650S' in inventory, mostly $325k-350k. And when they have 20 or 25 570's on the lot for $100k+ less? Just don't understand the endgame for a prestige brand.

I agree, it's bizarre.... I was offered a new 650S for 255k....

McLaren's strategy is baffling. Range is way too similar in look, performance and intent. "I have the McLaren with the carbon chassis, 3.8L TT V8, 7-speed DCT and flip up doors that goes 200 mph!" "Would that be the $200k one, the $300k one, the $400k one or the $1.2 million one?" This definitely should have been first.

Miller Motorcars has 11 new 650S' in inventory, mostly $325k-350k. And when they have 20 or 25 570's on the lot for $100k+ less? Just don't understand the endgame for a prestige brand.

It is bizarre but I do like this one! Blows a 911 out of the water if that truly is its competition!

That gray one Fortis posted is beautiful, love the rear end at this price point

I still don't understand how they can sell a volume of cars with such a puny dealer network. Does the Porsche buyer really want to ship his car 500 miles for a oil change or a burned out bulb?

at the 200k price point nothing will touch this IMO

Agree but totally will hurt resale on previous models....

I like it, just not sure about that door cut out running along the entire door... price wise... I think they will sell a bunch

It dropped 200 pounds and could be underrated at 570HP, it could easily compete with the Huracan, performance wise for $100k less... it will have a better power to weight ratio along with more torque...

5 lbs/HP for the 570S vs 5.6 lbs/HP for the Huracan...

and to think there is another 150HP in this new McLaren from just a tune (if and when).... 700HP+ in a 2900 pound car is pretty sick...

at the 200k price point nothing will touch this IMO

It dropped 200 pounds and could be underrated at 570HP, it could easily compete with the Huracan, performance wise for $100k less... it will have a better power to weight ratio along with more torque...

and to think there is another 150HP in this new McLaren from just a tune (if and when)....

bargain :icon_thumleft:

and to think there is another 150HP in this new McLaren from just a tune (if and when).... 700HP+ in a 2900 pound car is pretty sick...

There are many items which are very similar on paper, performance and quality wise but the buyer's psychology of luxury goods items is very complex IMO you see it in fashion, realestate, electronics, cars, etc. etc. take the GTR as an example, it's faster and cheaper than a lot of Porsche offerings but it doesn't hinder their sales.

McLaren has to carve its own niche, they are working hard at it but I personally think they've failed in terms of price point and product launch sequence but they are relentless and I have full confidence they will succeed, every car they make is better and cheaper than the last IMO but they got them the other way around and it's kind of hurting them.

I think they should've come out with the P1 first than the 570 and after few years bring something in between at 800 HP at twice the price of the 570, at that point they would've had a lot of loyal 570 buyers dreaming of a P1, not being able to afford it but willing to stretch to a 800 anyway that's just my opinion.

I still don't understand how they can sell a volume of cars with such a puny dealer network. Does the Porsche buyer really want to ship his car 500 miles for a oil change or a burned out bulb?

:iamwithstupid:

I think the mclaren potential buyers psychology is too damaged by the depreciation already on the other models. I would wait for a used 570 cause at 200 it's fine at 100 to 150 it's a no brainer....

It looks ok, but McLaren as a brand has a long way to go. Porsche will not feel much of anything at all from this 570s. It will be more of an R8/NSX/GTR competitor. The 911s are bought by people who are either Porsche purists or people who want supercar performance WITHOUT any of the annoying exotic attention. McLaren hasn't done well against Lamborghini or Ferrari, so they decide to go after an even more impossible company to compete with? What are they thinking?

It looks ok, but McLaren as a brand has a long way to go. Porsche will not feel much of anything at all from this 570s. It will be more of an R8/NSX/GTR competitor. The 911s are bought by people who are either Porsche purists or people who want supercar performance WITHOUT any of the annoying exotic attention. McLaren hasn't done well against Lamborghini or Ferrari, so they decide to go after an even more impossible company to compete with? What are they thinking?

Porsche fans are pretty die hard. It may sway a few but I don't see Porsche sweating this car too much.

Now, rather than later might be time for Lamborghini to uncork some of the tucked away power that is sitting in the ECU when the car leaves the factory.

Give the updated power to the first adopters at no charge just as McLaren did with the 12C (MY2012).

IMO Lamborghini commenced the Huracan's power level too far below the class competition; if people see this 570S trounce the far more expensive Huracan, Lamborghini sales could suffer.