Tell me, do you bleed? You will!

TRANSAMERA

Saw the movie Saturday and was reasonably entertained. IMO there were some serious plot holes and lazy writing. At first the movie seems jumpy but then comes together only to be derailed in one massive gong show of a "WTF were the writers thinking".

Action scenes were really good. Needed better writers.

:iamwithstupid:

This. Some of the action scenes almost made up for the lazy writing and plot that jumped from one thing to the next without any leading.

I love the way Zack Snyder shoots fight scenes but it wasn't enough to make up for a weak script

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was considerably better than how it was reviewed, Affleck did a solid job. Maybe basement level expectations going in helped here. I thought the first one was unwatchable.

It was way too long and the final confrontation was really lame. It was like the writers threw in the towel.

I thought it was considerably better than how it was reviewed, Affleck did a solid job. Maybe basement level expectations going in helped here. I thought the first one was unwatchable.

It was way too long and the final confrontation was really lame. It was like the writers threw in the towel.

Basement level expectations are exactly right! I am hoping to be pleasantly surprised. I have heard from one friend that it was absolutely awful and then from others that it was good. I felt like the ones who said it was good= were stretching.

I'll check it out soon enough.

I hear that the fight scenes are good- but I thought the Nolan fight scenes were good.. well.. in TDK anyways. TDKR's were.. wonkey at times.

I thought Affleck was really good as Bruce Wayne. As Batman, he was meh....

The final confrontation was poor and how they lead to the next movies was beyond lazy on the writers part.

This is exactly how I felt. Overall, I enjoyed it, disjointed and (unintended) goofiness included.

I had my fears about Affleck being Bruce Wayne/Batman but I think he pulled it off very well.

Overall, I liked the movie and don't really understand why it is getting destroyed by critics. Is it Oscar worthy? No. But it was still rather enjoyable.

I think it could have easily been two different movies though. I'm betting the DC figures these comic book movies have a shelf life that will soon expire so they needed a way to jump start the other spin off solo movies since Marvel has such a large lead over them.

I thought the movie was very good.

The Nolan series set the bar SUPER high for batman (although he played a part in this movie as well). Man of steel was a horrible movie, didnt like it at all. Because of that, I set my expectations really low.

I was worried about Ben being Batman, I couldnt get Dare Devil out of my head and how HORRIBLE that was. I still wasnt completely impressed with him in Batman.

The movie was too long, it was padded with non-sense, but it was decent. fight scenes were great! I agree, there were a few WTF scenes that didnt make sense. All in all id give ie a 7.5 out of 10

It sets a good tone for the next movies.

Looks like I'm the only one who thought it was god awful :lol:

I too had my fears about Affleck as Batman, and IMO he lived up to them. Maybe I'm still caught up in my Nolan trilogy obsession, but I really thought this movie's plot, special effects, and cinematography were absolutely awful.

I thought the movie was very good.

The Nolan series set the bar SUPER high for batman (although he played a part in this movie as well). Man of steel was a horrible movie, didnt like it at all. Because of that, I set my expectations really low.

i thought Man of Steel was great, but didn't want them to do this film... not unless they gave us 2 more stand alone Superman films beforehand. have Ben do a few of his own Batman films, then do a film with all the Super Friends if you must. kept an open mind with Batman vs. Superman and really wanted to like it, but just walked out of the theatre thinking meh.

Entertaining and good sound but I couldn't agree more they got lazy at the end. A giant monster, really?

That followed the superman comic book to the T.

The "giant monster" is Doomsday and in the comic book kills superman. It was a huge part of the plot for over a decade.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Death_of_Superman

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doomsday_%28comics%29

post-60315-1459483039.jpg

Saw it last night. Here's my takeaways:

1) Bruce Wayne does cross-fit

2) Batman is a certified badass

3) Superman seriously needs to rethink his stance an ass-whoppings/killing

4) When Superman has a bad day he becomes "Captain Collateral Damage"

5) Don't buy any Real-estate in Metropolis or Gotham unless you have crazy good insurance

6) If you are a contractor, you will never be out of work in Gotham or Metropolis

7) Batman is a certified BADASS

Overall I liked the movie, I thought it was entertaining and pretty well done. Here's what I think worked well and what wasn't good:

What worked well:

1) Solid action scenes

2) Tying in elements from the comics and setting up the justice league

3) Wonder Woman actually worked well in within the story

4) Did a great job raising the issues that superman has to face as a god-like being amongst mere mortals

5) The movie was cast well, Ben Affleck actually did a great job as Bruce Wayne / Batman and Jeremy Irons crushed it as Alfred.

What didn't work:

1) If you have not read any of the comics, you are going to be confused as sh*t about a lot of stuff

2) A few too many "dream sequences" that didn't really add much to the story

3) Though Jessie Eisenberg is a great actor and did a great job, the way Lex Luthor was written was pretty terrible. Lex Luthor is supposed to be suave, calculating, and more like a Tywin Lannister (See Game of Thrones). In this he was more like "cocaine-fiend" Luther which you couldn't really take him seriously

4) Building on the previous statement, the overall plot Luther Had didn't seem too cohesive and Batman and Superman deciding to team could have been done a bit more believably

Over all I'd give the movie a solid B or 7.5/10. It was a very ambitious idea and they did a lot right. But there was also some areas I felt that kept the movie from being on a Dark Knight caliber of film. If you have read the comics / seen the cartoon, then def check it out, this movie was made for you. If you are a casual movie goer and expect a Marvel-type film, this will not be your cup of tea.

• 8 months later...

And seriously. I've seen overflowing porta johns with more on screen presence and personality than the crap weasel playing superman....

And compared to affleck, he's Lawrence fcuking Olivier

And seriously. I've seen overflowing porta johns with more on screen presence and personality than the crap weasel playing superman....

And compared to affleck, he's Lawrence fcuking Olivier

Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor. What the fcuk were they thinking

The plot makes 0 sense, and IMO Henry Cavill got shit to work with. It's all a big circle-jerk-off to the final battle.

Plot holes are everywhere, nothing makes any sense!

The fights and action were entertaining though, I'll give them that.

Would have been happier with a final Christopher Nolan Batman interpretation where Robin comes into play, but I guess that was too much to ask for.

Those movies had such a solid story.

The plot makes 0 sense, and IMO Henry Cavill got shit to work with. It's all a big circle-jerk-off to the final battle.

Plot holes are everywhere, nothing makes any sense!

There was a plot?

There was a plot?

NO

Unwatchable...

This version of the Batmobile looked like it had been built in a bicycle shop on a Saturday afternoon in Venice