GBGallardo aka Robert Himler

emanon

The mole came back at 0.33mm deep. Stage 1A goes up to 1mm. I'm in Vegas for fight weekend but got surgery scheduled first thing Tuesday morning when I get back where they cut out around 1cm all around it and stitch it up and that should hopefully be it from what I gather. If there are any dermatologists on here they can probably elaborate.

Great news, am so happy for you.

I know 2 people that have had close to same size removal as you, both are well and cancer free.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The mole came back at 0.33mm deep. Stage 1A goes up to 1mm. I'm in Vegas for fight weekend but got surgery scheduled first thing Tuesday morning when I get back where they cut out around 1cm all around it and stitch it up and that should hopefully be it from what I gather. If there are any dermatologists on here they can probably elaborate.

I have a 6 inch scar on my back from having stage 2 Melanoma cancer. I am now 12 years cancer free.

What they will do is excise your tissue around the area to make sure there are not any cancer cells left in that area. They will biopsy what they remove. If all goes well you will be done.

Finding Melanoma early is the key to surviving it. Once it gets into the blood your chances of survival drop a lot. It's very aggressive.

If you have not been told this yet...you should be going to your dermatologists every 6 months for the rest of your life for a look see.

I do this and have had at least 8+ spots removed. I honestly look like I was shot with a machine gun with the 1/2 round scars all over me.

I don't care though. Being alive with scars is much better than dead.

Sunscreen, ball caps and t-shirts should be your new best friends when out in the sun.

Sprite, glad to read things are going well there.

I have to watch myself for skin cancer, as I am of Irish descent and get new moles that appear here and there. I also get skin tags that appear, although those I get removed.

Cancer is a very general term for an overgrowth of cells. There is no one test that wil detect it. Tests are often based on genetics as a lot of cancers have a genetic link. Others are based on whatever may cause them. The best thing you can do to completely avoid cancer is not drink, not smoke, not have sex, not eat but the healthiest of foods, avoid the sun, make sure you choose your parents well. So basically all you can do it look for signs and symptoms and hope.

How would not having sex help prevent cancer? One thing I have read is that frequent ejaculation is likely helpful in preventing prostate cancer.

Sprite, glad to read things are going well there.

I have to watch myself for skin cancer, as I am of Irish descent and get new moles that appear here and there. I also get skin tags that appear, although those I get removed.

How would not having sex help prevent cancer? One thing I have read is that frequent ejaculation is likely helpful in preventing prostate cancer.

Certain std's are known to cause cancer such as certain strains of HPV.

So is exposure to sunlight the the biggest factor to developing skin cancer?

It is a big factor in certain types but not the only cause. The uv rays can cause changes in the cell's DNA that lead to cancer. Melanin protects you so it's less likely in darker skinned people, but there are other environmental and genetic factors that can predispose or cause skin cancers too.

Had my surgery today. Was quite a bit bigger than they expected and had some roots on it. But after 2 procedures of the MOHS surgery, we got it all out. I'll have routine check ups every 3-6 months for the next 3 years but other than that, should be good to go! I can resume normal activities in about 4 weeks!

Had my surgery today. Was quite a bit bigger than they expected and had some roots on it. But after 2 procedures of the MOHS surgery, we got it all out. I'll have routine check ups every 3-6 months for the next 3 years but other than that, should be good to go! I can resume normal activities in about 4 weeks!

Great news Matt. Hope thats the end of that for you

I had my surgery on Tuesday. Pretty sure it will leave a gnarly scar. Excuse my hairy back lol.

post-8895-1431151584_thumb.jpg

I had my surgery on Tuesday. Pretty sure it will leave a gnarly scar. Excuse my hairy back lol.

If you've ever wanted a tattoo, getting one around that scar would be it.

Great to hear :icon_thumleft:

Badass!!! Glad surgery went well.

Make sure you have a good story to go with that for the next chick who will see it :icon_mrgreen:

Great news that you got it all out !

Make sure you have a good story to go with that for the next chick who will see it :icon_mrgreen:

Great news that you got it all out !

There is never a good story to support a hairy back, lol

Glad to hear they got it all out. Give it 6 months or so and that scar won't look nearly as bad.

Glad to hear they got it all out. Give it 6 months or so and that scar won't look nearly as bad.

I was actually talking about the scar LOL

How about, I am preparing for the leading role in the new Planet of the Apes movie? :icon_mrgreen:

I was actually talking about the scar LOL

:lol2: :lol2: Glad things are looking good sprite!!

Glad to hear it went well.

Wish you all the best. Stay healthy.

Glad they got it Sprite!

Here's my battle wound! ha

post-5348-1431201836_thumb.jpg